• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My G320 powered KM X2

Pistonhead

So I've been hankering for one of these since they came out, today I finally got my hands on one!

I knew it was gonna big a monster, but still wasn't prepared for the sheer size of it!

f52ea23a80aff98b3b8e9b990a9d2cfd.jpg

fa04c936f14becf7ce429c4b6f181b08.jpg

458bf3da7990de21fb968401cd159d0e.jpg

88999ed3773fd30b8d2a94e84f4eba51.jpg

Already have a few bits and bobs lying around for it - namely Kill switch, Über air filter kit (which will be fitted later) and some yellow Losi wheels that i may not run just yet.

Edited by Pistonhead
  • Like 1

Bit like your "29cc dibby" :lol: 

First time i've been up close to one of these things, still can't get over the size of the thing!

Only got the chance to quickly look over it so far, but my god those shocks are set up damn near perfect and can't hear/feel any air in them, and they're hooge! 

Can see plenty of threadlock around bolts and screws, only thing I've spotted so far is a tight/rough spot on the pinion/spur but that should wear in within the first tank, and the cage screws are a pita to catch their threads, will try flipping the blocks to see if i've put them all in upside down.

I'll be running the rx/tx from my Tekno as I don't have any aa's and can never remember how to add another rx to by gt3c lol.

So far I'm more than impressed by the quality of this thing, can't wait to give her a rip, which will probably be tonight on an empty car park or industrial estate :rc_car:

8 hours ago, Pistonhead said:

So I've been hankering for one of these since they came out, today I finally got my hands on one!

I knew it was gonna big a monster, but still wasn't prepared for the sheer size of it!

f52ea23a80aff98b3b8e9b990a9d2cfd.jpg

Kind of a worrying omen when the box containing your new truck, that you intend to bash the snot out of, comes in a box marked fragile!  LOL

I know the KM truck is inferior to the Losi, but is it really that fragile! :D 

• Like 2

I've got gorilla tape i'll use on the panel bends and rear arches, after a Big Flex body when this one gets trashed.

When i get round to removing a wheelbarrow inner tube, i'll put up a guide thread to an idea i have for some free - apart from cable ties - cage mud guards.

very nice,will you be changing out the diff internals for losi or leaving the standard ones in. I should be able to have a look at both of mine Monday there both still in there boxes

When did you receive yours? I know they had a fresh batch a week and a half ago, so hoping the latest batch have improved.

Still not had the chance to run it yet, but I can't feel any play in any of mine and they all rotate smoothly with no tight spots, in fact nothing on mine has a sloppy fit - all the ball joints on the turnbuckles are buttery smooth, as is the driveline with no tight spots on any of the cvd's.

You doing a thread on yours? Be interested to see any differences in the same batch.

Got both last Friday so new batch, yeh I will be doing a thread soon I did notice when I opened one of the boxes to make sure all was in there that there was oil of some sort over all the shell but never had the time to get it out of the box so will have a proper look Monday when I'm back home 

Edited by kenny_st
  • Like 1

Managed to get the rx swapped out from my Tekno and set the end points and trims, had to lengthen the steering servo turnbuckle by half a dozen turns to properly zero the seering trim. 

Also cycled the rx pack twice to get some life into it.

Tonights plan, now the rain has gone, is to fit the kill switch and air filter mod and fire her up for her maiden run!

Cannot wait!

• Like 1

Didn't get the chance to run it yesterday as the rain came in again and hasn't left yet.

So, while i was waiting for the rain to clear off, i fitted my Über RC air filter kit to the X2 - only just fits under the cage, but it looks to be the least restrictive of the relocate kits i've seen for the dbxl/5ive.

31425422bddc14ce3b2b581082b2471d.jpg

349ccb8d45250fe1d1f1a1fede542391.jpg

100d84dcd2da33ed3eb34173688f96c5.jpg

2629123209a4772cd9fe257be471a516.jpg

5 hours ago, Pistonhead said:

Just come back from attempting to run it, pull start broke third pull!

Just about to message rcmodelz about it to get a replacement.

Dude that's not good... in the bigger scheme of things, no real issue, but when your new truck breaks straightaway, just saps the confidence in what you've bought! :( 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, evssv said:

when I buy pull starts I always buy 2x of em..:yes:..then u`ll always have a spare...:good:...and carry it with u...:yes:...if an when sum one designs a bullet proof pull start they will become rich!:yes:!

Was still expecting the one it came with to last long enough fire the engine for the first time.

8 hours ago, Carpmart said:

Dude that's not good... in the bigger scheme of things, no real issue, but when your new truck breaks straightaway, just saps the confidence in what you've bought! :( 

Rc modelz are sending out a replacement, but only after I've sent the the old one back, so may just buy a replacement instead.

Still got to run it in the end, my mate let me borrow his of his Baja. Oh, my god! I knew it was gonna be loud, but this makes a Baja and Dom pipe sound quiet, that said though, it's a more pleasant sound than the dom. 

Thing gets up and shifts pretty well for it's size, although it's a bit boggy part way through the rev range when opening to full throttle, I believe this is down to the air filter causing it to run a bit lean as it's less restrictive, so i'll richen it up a tad when i get the chance next.