• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Any ideas on this truggy?

Veed79

8499d83cf7207080e1a0608f94293214.jpgb6fa818284578f691b6082bb35339a07.jpg

Hi guys, not been on here in a long while kids, house move and work have kept me away for a while models are packed away in the shed but hoping to dust em off this summer with any luck.

I was wondering if anyone recognised the truggy above?

Friend at work was given it by someone clearing out a garage and he knows nothing about them and wants to know if it's worth cleaning up and keeping,it's come with some decent lipos which I've charged for him and they were at storage voltage and cells balanced ok, all it needs is some radio gear which I'm gonna try and dig out for him to test it.

He wants to keep it to use but if it's hard to get spares for or isn't a very good model he's not gonna bother spending money on it.

5 minutes ago, bombercountynick said:

If its an mbx5 it will be a conversion mbx 6/7 came with brushless option I think. 

Good buggies so truggy shouldn't be bad!! Quality bits of kit. 

Don't think it is MBX5, the towers look completely different.

If Mugen it'll be even earlier.

So general thought is it's a mugen mbx?
So good news is it's a good strong truggy bad news is if he breaks it he will struggle to repair it[emoji51]
He's on Holiday this week he's gonna bring it back in when he's back il have a closer look see if there's anyway of telling if it's a conversion.
It looks like it's been sitting a while as there's quite a few rusty parts so if it works it's gonna need a complete strip down and clean and re oil/grease but still think it's gonna need some new bits,@stretch if he doesn't decide to keep it and spend money on it il let him know your interested mate, cheers for the help guys and when I get anymore photos il put them up see if it sheds anymore light on it.

It not similar it is one lol it even has the caster fusion motor red shocks etc, i've had 2 of these even the shells the same. It has dual battery trays servo is lay down position motor in different position all different to the mugen!

f8trtr.jpg

DSC04410.JPG

Edited by stretch

Cool ta guys il let him know what he's dealing with and he can decide what he wants to do, as he's a complete beginner but does want to start up in the hobby so might be best for him to sell it and put money towards something more ideal.

4 hours ago, Veed79 said:

Cool ta guys il let him know what he's dealing with and he can decide what he wants to do, as he's a complete beginner but does want to start up in the hobby so might be best for him to sell it and put money towards something more ideal.

If it runs fine then may as well use it for now.

Parts are still around for this by the looks of it.

Manual:

http://www.thumbrc.com/files/F8T.pdf

or

http://www.competitionx.com/pdfs/vehicle-manuals/caster-racing/caster-racing-f8t-manual.pdf

• Like 1