• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Outlaw Owners

On 12/05/2017 at 13:16, Chris Curby said:

Tuner card allows you to change the setup of your car: this is what can be changed on the outlaw...

• Cutoff Voltage (automatically detects the number of cells)
  • Running Mode (forward w/o reverse, forward/reverse, forward with pause then reverse)
  • Motor Timing (very low, low, normal, high, very high)
  • Initial Acceleration (low, medium, high, very high)
  • Throttle Percent Reverse (20% through to 100%)
  • Throttle Limit (0% through to 90%)
  • Percentage Braking (10% through to 100%)
  • Percentage Drag Brake (0% through to 30%)
  • Motor Rotation (normal, reverse)
  • Neutral Range (deadband setting 2% through to 10%)

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=385693&gclid=CObIi6Kq6tMCFYU_Gwod-tINGQ

I found when I plugged the card in that my motor timing was set to normal meaning not at full speed which is what i kept it on when trying the 3's out...depends on how much you want to fiddle and fine tune to suit your driving really....And this is also coming from a novice ;-)

Sounds like it might be worth investing in and having a tinker

I have 35 wt oil in front and rear.the torq twist is awful what is the set up everyone is using.also any thicker swaybar will help.waiting for the front sway bar hopefully that will help a little

12 hours ago, bosco72 said:

I have 35 wt oil in front and rear.the torq twist is awful what is the set up everyone is using.also any thicker swaybar will help.waiting for the front sway bar hopefully that will help a little

I use either 30 or 35wt all around on mine if I remember right, makes a nice plush ride over rough ground. I fitted the front sway bar, too thin I think as it didn't really help that much. So I've made and fitted a rear sway bar - which I haven't had chance to test yet, still working away at sea, will be home soon so I'll crack on with it, experiment with a few settings and see what's best. I put a picture up in another thread. Hoping it'll cure the torque twist it has anyway, or at least minimise it to an acceptable level (i.e. All four wheels still in contact with the ground). 

Drove my truck today first with no tire and with.really didn't feel any different..im getting bad torq twist I tighten one shock but the same ,should I put heavier shock oil in the one shock.i have 35 wt all around now

Hi All,

Had my new Brushless a couple of weeks. Really enjoying it. My questions is that the front suspension is really spongy. I can push it down and it will only return/expand back a few mm not to the original default height.

I've tried to upload a video on here but they are all overused ! so i hope my question make sense.

Any thoughts.

Thanks

Hi All,
Had my new Brushless a couple of weeks. Really enjoying it. My questions is that the front suspension is really spongy. I can push it down and it will only return/expand back a few mm not to the original default height.
I've tried to upload a video on here but they are all overused ! so i hope my question make sense.
Any thoughts.
Thanks

I'd initially start at getting some 30w silicon shock oil and empty the factory and start fresh. I know mine wasnt filled properly from new. Should be about 6/7quid for a bottle that would do the whole car over 2-3 times.

Plenty of rc shock filling guides on youtube if youve never done it before.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ouch! That's a belter.. must've been a real nasty landing :o  

I've gone as far as I'd like to go with mine for ali parts, should anything plastic decide to break then it'll probably be replaced by ali. Though saying that, on the other hand, for the amount of hard abuse it's handled so far in comparison to the breakage it's had (front lower left wishbone and 1 rear trailing arm) - from a cost perspective I'd no doubt buy plastic again...?! 

But, for the chassis, I'd probably go with the shiny blue ali option!

• Like 1