• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Outlaw Owners

13 hours ago, DartmoorTrails said:

The steering 'motor'.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I've just had that bad boy out, seemed pretty well put together (says waterproof on it) not that I really know what I was looking for but it wernt wet

Update...It's now in the sick bay at the rc shop, the bloke couldn't work it out either..

13 minutes ago, English outlaw said:

I've just had that bad boy out, seemed pretty well put together (says waterproof on it) not that I really know what I was looking for but it wernt wet

Update...It's now in the sick bay at the rc shop, the bloke couldn't work it out either..

Wet Rx give funny issues, i've had it before, though swapping channels between the (working) steering and non working throttle will wither confirm or eliminate.  No throttle but steering, with a full battery (hopefully your not using a battery below LVC if a lipo, or have LVC on if using a nimh) is a common symptom of a dead esc - ie the BEC works to power the servo but nothing else.  Fwiw if it comes down to it there's far better esc's for similar / less money than replacing like for like.

7 hours ago, English outlaw said:

Every thing was standard on the car, cos I've only had it a few weeks the bloke thinks he will just get it swapped but if it's gonna cost me to replace what better esc will work? Will i need to solder it on? Will a 120a esc run a 3s?

Assuming it's fairly new and bought from a hobby shop then yh, hopefully they should sort it.  If I was replacing it i'd consider the WPSC8 - it wil run upto 4S (so you can use it in a 1/8 down the line).

3 hours ago, English outlaw said:

How come others cars can go though puddles but mine died :(

Because we're not running the stock electrics :P never even used mine until I brought a BL system :lol: 

Finally got a new set of wheels and tyres brought a set of Axial 2.2 methods off @.AJ. cheap and a set of the tyres John had on his outlaw image.jpg quite a lot nicer looking than the stock :) 

Edited by RC4WD fan
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Nice to see the rims have a new home and the body looks great :good:

I'm very pleased with then :D they complement each other nicely I think :) 

5 hours ago, English outlaw said:

How come others cars can go though puddles but mine died :(

I exercised her ability to crawl, and tried not (slightly failed) to drop the chassis in the water.  I ran a non wp rx, the flysky ones are £7 a pop and it was worth the risk to pose for a few photo's.

Spray, quarry dust and 23 degrees of direct sunlight did make a nice cement like mix.

And also got the panels finished to [emoji3] started out like this image.jpga little while later looked like this image.jpgnew wheels and panels together image.jpg turned out better than I was inspecting not bad for £1.99 and when I get bored simply peal it off and get something else [emoji3] 
Looks great [emoji106]
Is that the styrene you used for the panels?

9 hours ago, DartmoorTrails said:

Looks great emoji106.png
Is that the styrene you used for the panels?

yeah I used 2mm styrene for the 2 sides roof and hood :) all together for 2 sheets of styrene and the sticker sheets it come to just under £8 compared to £30+ for the clear sheel and paint if I went for the original body again so I'm happy if it only lasts a couple of runs before it needs renewing from damage from the flips :D 

• Like 1

Just dug out my outlaw & it’s been poo Ed on by my resident robin & the tyres are all perished! Poor show as it wasn’t even left in sunlight.

i even had 3spares that I bought as I stripped a hex and guess what? All perished!

so, best cheapo options for new wheels & tyres?

I’m just putting a Lipo on now & im gonna wreck these wheels& tyres right up!!

cheers!!

On 25/05/2018 at 23:18, AmericanBullDog said:

That's exactly where I'm at right now also.

I think they would get smashed off the roof with how I drive but I don't like how they would look right in front of the drivers face, it just ruins the scale look since any lights that are large enough to provide good driving light are a bit large to go there.

I picked up a new and larger front bumper which may let me mount lights to it and sit just back from the front of the bumper to be protected. I'll post pictures if it works out.

This is the truck the bumper came off of. Bumper

I’ve done exactly that on my sons. 

Lights are set under the roof line. 

As tapatalk has given up working ( doesn’t recognise me and won’t let me re sign up?

I can’t post a picture of it right now but it looks great. 

If I can find a way I will. 

On a completely separate issue, my son has trashed his chassis. 

I have one coming in the post tomorrow. 

Are there any tricks or tips I can get from you guys?

looks to be a nightmare. 

Is it a total disassemble and reassemble?

If so what should I change out while stripped down?

thoughts please. 

I’ve done exactly that on my sons. 
Lights are set under the roof line. 
As tapatalk has given up working ( doesn’t recognise me and won’t let me re sign up?
I can’t post a picture of it right now but it looks great. 
If I can find a way I will. 
Please share when you can, planning some mysey[emoji106]
Like the look of the rock rey with them there

23 hours ago, Bigjimknickers said:

Just dug out my outlaw & it’s been poo Ed on by my resident robin & the tyres are all perished! Poor show as it wasn’t even left in sunlight.

i even had 3spares that I bought as I stripped a hex and guess what? All perished!

so, best cheapo options for new wheels & tyres?

I’m just putting a Lipo on now & im gonna wreck these wheels& tyres right up!!

cheers!!

I've just got these that John used https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Austar-2-2-125mm-1-10-Scale-Tires-for-4WD-D90-SCX10-RC-Rock-Crawler/263216877936?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131017132637%26meid%3D0ff8dd6cf1b54a14be406847a1c80915%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D3%26sd%3D253302605072%26itm%3D263216877936&_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042 only took a week to arrive and only about £13 posted at the moment :) wheels that's another thing there's quite a few cheap 2.2 beadlocks on eBay or speak to @Oh How Original he has some 2.2 wheels and tyres for sale :good: 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ollykamakazi said:

CCADE0B5-DC03-457E-9087-8DDF13CFEF5E.jpeg

I quit like that only downside is it looks to big :( I didn't think putting lights on an RC would be this difficult trying to find something that will fit the outlaw and look nice :lol:

wow, real wheels & tyres!! anyone tried these|??

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4PCS-2-2-Inflatable-Tires-W-Alloy-Beadlock-Wheels-1-10-RC-Crawler-CAR-3022BU/252531155007?epid=1783886993&hash=item3acc07a03f:g:R3QAAOSwvzRX0XK2#rwid