• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Outback Ranger

t2boats

2 hours ago, t2boats said:

You'll have to pop up a link to the videos you've been watching. I had a quite nose lastnight on YouTube but couldn't find anything in the uk.. What area are you going to?

I've put up links to a few videos for you to have a look at, I think there was one (I haven't put a link too) that's was close to an hour long, let me know if you want that link too?

The location of the meet on the 22nd is in a place called gurney slade near to shepton mallet in Somerset. About an hour drive for me in north Bristol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wabom1981 said:

I've put up links to a few videos for you to have a look at, I think there was one (I haven't put a link too) that's was close to an hour long, let me know if you want that link too?

The location of the meet on the 22nd is in a place called gurney slade near to shepton mallet in Somerset. About an hour drive for me in north Bristol. 

Nice one cheers! I'll have a look at the links now, ta Wabom :good:  Bristol is only 2, 2.5hrs from mine in west wales. Maybe worth my while taking a wander over some time in future for a look. 

• Like 1

Your welcome @t2boats hope you enjoy them. A few outbacks in one of the videos! 

Looks like an excellent site they have there. Same site they use for the Recon G6 each year. 

I heard mentioned in a video the other day that they may consider hosting uk scale nationals at various locations throughout the year so it gives more people the chance to attend. 

15 minutes ago, Wabom1981 said:

Your welcome @t2boats hope you enjoy them. A few outbacks in one of the videos! 

Looks like an excellent site they have there. Same site they use for the Recon G6 each year. 

I heard mentioned in a video the other day that they may consider hosting uk scale nationals at various locations throughout the year so it gives more people the chance to attend. 

HA! yeah spotted the Outbacks in the second video - good on 'em! great to see them competing, and most with stock servo's too. just watched them now, i'd really like to give that a go. i liked the defender 90 in the third video (turquoise sort of colour), RC4WD is it?? and one of my favourties, the Vaterra K10 Chevy Truck (still tempted to plumb for one of those)...

Whoa, didn't realise they were up to that much!! Crazy money. 

I may have made a pre-order on a new rig today!!

finally got round to finishing the gold decals on the outbrat last night, fiddly things to line up as always.

before and after photos. IMG_6655.thumb.JPG.a2aba0a75e1f9f751efea54b16f30042.JPGIMG_6656.thumb.JPG.a577e9c2b1f057e9f298f0bcfc0544e3.JPG 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2017 at 17:35, Wabom1981 said:

Thats my trx4 and my lads 6x6 first up on the video along with heavyleftthumb's jeep next up. :whistling:

its a great venue and central, we have lads from Scotland and as far south as Brighton so id real handy. Not to bother me though, I'll do all five of the series as my lads pit support of course :rofl:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, big gaz said:

Thats my trx4 and my lads 6x6 first up on the video along with heavyleftthumb's jeep next up. :whistling:

its a great venue and central, we have lads from Scotland and as far south as Brighton so id real handy. Not to bother me though, I'll do all five of the series as my lads pit support of course :rofl:

I think I may seen you and your son in the background of a video from this years G6?

looks like a great venue for this hobby, would like to get there myself one year. 

It's quite possible you did mate, this years g6 was awesome although so was this autumn nationals.

its worthwhile just for the banter and having martin there stocked up and accepting card/PayPal (can be a bit dangerous though..... :rofl:)

Would love it,  but I am being tempted by the Charisma, but tried this - it will make crawling awful but look good getting there :thumbsup:  tried fitting the tow - hook without taking the rear bumper off - NO reccommended

WP_20171019_20_08_28_Pro.thumb.jpg.9b9e4d88379c310e88c7c67d57d9c856.jpg

14 hours ago, mamodman said:

Would love it,  but I am being tempted by the Charisma, but tried this - it will make crawling awful but look good getting there :thumbsup:  tried fitting the tow - hook without taking the rear bumper off - NO reccommended

WP_20171019_20_08_28_Pro.thumb.jpg.9b9e4d88379c310e88c7c67d57d9c856.jpg

That looks brilliant. Where is the trailer from? 

• Like 1

I got it off a chap on Facebook called FredRC, he's on the FTX owners page, he does another one but to me it looks to modern, I'm dropping hints re Charisma, but keep hearing where are you going to put it :crying:

• Like 1

the more i look at pics of yours the more im tempted to get one but i dont get why they cant bring out a cheaper version for people with there own radio gear im not a fan of included systems much prefer my i10

• Like 1

I suppose these are made down to a price, and are RTR to appeal to a bigger group of folk, it is just that they are great, simple mods make them better, I suposse you could buy one and try to sell the radio gear, just a thought 

Evening guys, thought I'd do a quick post about the meeting I'm taking the outbrat to on Sunday. 

So, the organisers have decided on running 5 gated trial courses each with 20 gates, which will incorporate various surfaces. We will be given score sheets to record our results on and there has even been some small prizes donated.

excited is an understatement!! Just hope my collection of 6 cell Nimh batteries last me the day!!

will be running from 10am-5pm. 

There is people coming from all over the place, furthest I've heard of so far is chesterfield. 

Most seem to be bringing more than one rig, some as many as 6!!!!

31 divers confirmed so far so it's going to be a busy one. 

Cant wait to have a look at some of the other trucks, they look amazing!

• Like 1