• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma GT24 Owners

johninderby

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, RingoNotts said:

I've been waiting for steering linkages to be delivered since the end of January. Now CML are stating they won't be available until the 3rd of March! This is no fun....

Ringo

I have a complete car which I can't use due to a still unknown fault. No fun indeed.

I tried hooking up 2x 2s lipos in parallel today to double the amperage, still the same issue. I'm reluctant to buy Carisma's own batteries because it seems incredibly unlikely that it will solve anything.

VI decided to take the truggy to the skatepark today, I figured the locking up under power wouldn't be an issue if I avoided jumping it. However, I soon got bored and decided to go for it, and.... It's a miracle! It still brakes when throttle is applied, lifted & then re-applied but it didn't seem to have any affect when jumping. It jumped nice and flat most of the time and blipping the throttle brought the nose up when needed, exactly as it should. I didn't get any footage so here's a clip from my lounge lol

• 4 weeks later...

Still no steering linkages in stock even though CML said 3rd March. I got a bit fed up so emailed MS. They in turn got in touch with CML who took off a steering linkage from a new model and sent me it.

So now i'm back in action!

Rally is great for flat surfaces, doesn't jump well, shell grounds out with little ground clearance.

If grabbing some air is your thing, the Truggy is the one to get, imho.

• 5 weeks later...

First time out with the GT24 in a while, nice little skatepark bash. I was racing my friend over the same line as I took in the video, he was driving my Firestorm on 3s. The little micro was all over it, though I suspect that's mostly down to his driving :lol:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

As per the prize draw this month I'm now one of you cool kids. 

Quiet afternoon in work so ive read the thread, are there any other buggy owners in here? Seems to have started with lots of rally versions then truggys and MTs

Will post some pics when the postie delivers my new toy! 

Hi everyone, I recently got my gt24b (buggy version). Overall the car is cool (especially on 2s), but I don't like this delay between reverse and forward (which they call a safety feature). Is there any way to reduce/remove it?

Did anyone have any issues syncing the trasmitter to the car? I turn the car on holding the sync button down which makes the green light flash.

I turn the trasmitter on holding the sync button, the green light flashes twice then stays on but still it doesn't sync to the car.

Any suggestions?

I installed a 2S lipo in my GT24 truck and it's insanely fast compared to the stock 1S, but the noise when going full throttle too fast is terrible, like grinding.

Is there a way to fix this ? Should I invest in the metal parts or something ? I read about the slipper clutch somewhere, could this be the noise ? Anyone got a detailed tutorial on that too?

Edit: It also has a tendency to sharply turn righ when this happens.

Edited by CaptainZim

• 3 months later...

How did you get the GT24 to run on 3S? I tried with Losi micro batteries but the ESC just wouldn't work on them....

Slipper clutch, take it apart, use some sort of scraping tool to really definitely the grooves and ridges in it, put on small shim in. 

hi all.

IF i was to set up a indoor 1/24th meet[derbyshire]in jan.wud there be enough interest?

besides the carisma gt24,wot other models cud be included?

as a 1 off,wud the rally guys run with the buggies/truggies?

also,wot wud everyone class as stock/modified/super[motor-batt-wheel/tyre size etc.]

lots of posts seem to be from months ago! is there many around who still run these micros?

ed1

I still run micros :)

I ran the GT24TR and a brushless Losi Micro Truggy at an indoor 1/10 scale track and they had plenty enough speed for that, handling was the challenge...

WLToys series could be included too. ECX Rucks and Ripmax Huskys maybe.

Separate brushed and brushless classes. Other than that I know nothing about rules and regulations. I think at that scale rallys / scts / buggies / truggies are all fairly similar.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, hoping there are still a few owners out there on this forum .... ive just purchased the truggy and about a week later the buggy (one basher for friends to use and the other as a tinker/project one)

Maybe re-ignite this discussion as there doesnt seem to be too much on the net about these!

I must say im quite impressed overall with the little guy. Bought a load of spare bits and currently making my own c/f chassis.

Looking at overcoming a few problems i can see though. One being the lack of spur/pinion choices available. Does anyone know of any other pinions which may fit (2mm shaft and a damn small pitch ~80dp?)

Im awaiting delivery of an aftermarket esc and motor so i can use my own tx and servo and play about with higher cell counts (because crazy power is great!)

How are you all getting on with yours (if you still have them)? Any further thoughts on improvements or mods other than those already discussed in this thread?

Cheers

Edited by SmudgeUK
spelling mistakes !

Yeh they are tough little things arent they! Ive cartwheeled mine down the road many times, not broken anything yet. Pushing for some decent top speed ... got 24.9mph so far with stock equipment, looking at pushing further now.

You have got to try 2s, its just crazy!