• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

electric equiptment

egg80

hi all ive been away from the site a while but found all my old cars the other day and am now looking at converting 1 into electric see how i get on then look at doing the others i am looking at doing the first as a little project as cheap as possible so i need pretty much everything motor to pull a 1/8 truggy matching esc, batteries anything else required oh and ill need new radio gear as want to upgrade to the 2.4 from the 27mhz

thanks in advance any help is greatly appreciated 

hi sorry it is a thunder tiger st1 im not very clued up on electrics and as all the local hobby shops have closed down i dont have easy access to nitro fuel so plan on converting to electric i have seen a few people have converted these trucks already, so my plan is to do this as a little project with the little one and if i get into it I plan on converting my hyper 7's and my usa 1 nitro crusher which ill need a steel spur gear for like i say everything is greatly appreciated

esc + motors, 150a hobbywing, Skyrc, goolrc or those cheapo 2000kv black can 4076 size motors.

Ship from China or Hong Kong and wait. Same with the flysky. Save yourself around 40%.

Those fake Castle motors are meant to be fine as well.

Edited by dazp1976

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry been away for a while thanks for the replies I have everything I think but I'm having trouble setting up the motor and esc I seem to have steering but the motor doesn't seem to want to engage anyone have any ideas

I have tried it seems to start the calibration but then it doesn't seem to go any further than the neutral part I am probably making a common newbie mistake but it Has me baffled

27 minutes ago, egg80 said:

I have tried it seems to start the calibration but then it doesn't seem to go any further than the neutral part I am probably making a common newbie mistake but it Has me baffled

Which esc?

Most are:

Press/hold set button, turn on switch, release set button. Starts beep.beep.beep. tx in neutral, press set again it goes beep. Now hold tx throttle, press set again it goes beep,beep. Now hold tx brake, press set again it goes beep,beep,beep.

Turn off/on then test. Should work if the beeps went correct during calibration.

Can be a faff sometimes. Don't have the setup box plugged in while trying.

Cheers for the reply daz  I do the first part where it beeps a few times then I press the set button for the next step nothing happens not sure if I got a dodgy esc or its something I'm doing wrong room could it be something simple like the esc not matching with this tx do you think it would worth trying get a different one

Edited by egg80
Missed a bit