• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao 1/8 Pirate 2 speed.

Vr5fx

I picked up a Pirate last week from a fella on here. It's a great truck but I'm having a massive headache trying to find spares for the 2-speed spur set.

The only thing I can find is this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OFNA-SPUR-GEARS-DELRIN-52-56T-Model-18906-/222308204820?hash=item33c29a0114:g:deUAAOSwo4pYIRMU

Which would cost more than what I paid for the truck.

I don't want to go to metal spurs either.

The car has many names, Ofna/Hobao Pirate/Dominator.

If all else fails, I'll attempt to print them, which will probably go horribly wrong. :P

Anyone have any ideas?

34 minutes ago, Burridge said:

Unfortunately spare for these trucks are getting very rare now, I'd have a go at printing them providing you have all the correct measurements and gear pitches of them, before you commit to buying those.

Yuh, definitely what I was thinking. I've got a few materials to try....

What could possibly go wrong? :lol:

just a suggestion mate, buy a roller and you will be ok for a while. theres a couple on ebay

Im constantly on the lookout, and the only ones are runners, as collection only.
Non of them are 2-speed either.
Unless im missing one of course.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Vr5fx said:

Im constantly on the lookout, and the only ones are runners, as collection only.
Non of them are 2-speed either.
Unless im missing one of course.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

sorry, i was thinking of spares, not just the 2 speed. as you know,  the spares for your truck is very hard to find.

1 hour ago, froggy8 said:

sorry, i was thinking of spares, not just the 2 speed. as you know,  the spares for your truck is very hard to find.

I'm defo looking out for a spare as either a roller or a runner, but I'd be mega sad to lose the 2-speed.

2 hours ago, Vr5fx said:

I'm defo looking out for a spare as either a roller or a runner, but I'd be mega sad to lose the 2-speed.

last time i checked, there was a couple on ebay but sadly they seem to have gone.

they are very nice looking trucks but the parts issue have put me off slightly.