• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

olympics

The Hound

Rio go go go  !

Thought I'd start a thread for peeps to discuss their thoughts and opinions on the goings on in Rio

No trolls or haters please.

Only post if you have an interest in the games.

I've cleared a fair bit of space on my sky plus memory thats for sure :first:

10 minutes ago, Tug said:

With regard to the water events, can someone please clarify how they actually judge the "dodge the turd" event? I'm confused on that one. 

I think that might be classed as hating.   But while im here  i think you mean dodge the dead bodies as rivers are used a lot to dispose of them..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, turok007 said:

I think that might be classed as hating.   But while im here  i think you mean dodge the dead bodies as rivers are used a lot to dispose of them..

I call it "having a sense of humour", I certainly don't hate or troll. 

• Like 1

Hurrah for the Brits actually putting effort in to their discipline.

Armitstead was truly awful, Froome not much better.

Women's archery yesterday was excellent, not that the UK was shooting...lol

Froome isn't a "one day" rider - never had a hope of winning IMO.

Armistead continued missing out on things.

Good on Adam Peaty and Jess Carlin - think the pool will produce some more medals.

Sevens Rugby is great to watch - think we have a chance in both mens and womens.

Watched Fencing last night - what the hell is all that about?

Unlucky in the sevens, although when up against the Kiwis, was always going to be a tough match.

Bronze in the men's paired diving....got to hand it to the Chinese, perfection with every dive, a gold well earned.

Really unlucky of Fox-Pitt in the cross country, hopefully his final dressage will score well.

NZ and Aus have been together for years as a women's 7s team so it was a tall order - they just imploded in that semi final, you're never going to recover from 2 yellow cards.

Well done to Daley and Goodfellow, also well done to Ed Ling in the shooting, a well deserved bronze.

2 minutes ago, The Hound said:

I'm struggling to keep up with the viewing due to the time diff I must say.

I'll have to start watching it online and avoiding the news !

Same here, don't know why it's only 4 hours but just seems all out of kilter.

Another few medals last night - both in the pool.

And what's going on with the diving pool, turned green last night.

the building disturbed a natural frog habitat.  but last night the frogs were on the move  jumped in the pool and all ended up going through the water pump filter.

damn silly time to go to cornwall for hols, lovely as it is, wifi is rubbish so no I player catchup.

not to worry, TV coverage is pretty good it seems

Its a great games for sure.

GB are storming it.  (gutted for Greg Ruthers)

Love the whole show.

Main low point though, Brazil crowd booing the French world champ pole vaulter as he was head to head with a guy from Rio,

really upsetting to watch, completely ruined when once more they booed him as he was awarded his silver (the Brazillian got gold with a lifetime best)

Poor French guy was completely shocked by that, there was criticism of the hosts media not mentioning it in the papers and asked people to be more sporting.

But, so many fabulous success stories , lets hope Mo kicks it on the 5k and GB get a few more medals in the ladies races.

Also want to see Adam Gemili have  a good experience. Lovely gent and a great talent.