• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Truck identification and is it worth £35

swingy_p

Afternoon guys,

I've been offered this nitro truck for £35 have no idea on brand or if it's worth the £35 he's asking for it.

Comes with standard fm radio gear and does come with a brand new boxed engine but no idea on make or parts availability so some help would be great as gonna be another one for my lad to play with ?

84d54d250b6803edf2607e0b33fa463d.jpg87e8b2f8152032473dc7946991fdabe1.jpg970ae6fd0ca6ab8f752a337dc48be6ef.jpgc0f91bae5312574f08d0ae86c30d29f3.jpg

And the car in the background on this pic is getting thrown in free

5fd17e3ce8dd813a4be12a08d3e88884.jpg

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Says on the shell Paul, Thunder Tiger EK4 mate, just Googled it and the pictures seem to match up.

I'd say for £35 even if he has an hours fun with it, that's worth it.

Long as it runs, I'd personally go for it, the other one actually looks Thunder Tiger too, not been able to find a match though, it's just got that 'vibe' about it lol.

Does it work?

I agree with the 1st reply - if you like it, it works, then go for it.

TT - loads around if you look for them - others will confirm.

Your call.

Al.

Thunder tiger ek4 truck based of the eb4 buggy I think so so parts should be ok ish to get .

Its an old truck but for that money it's a bargain I've seen them sell for well over £100 on eBay 

I think the car is some sort of kyosho

Says on the shell Paul, Thunder Tiger EK4 mate, just Googled it and the pictures seem to match up.

I'd say for £35 even if he has an hours fun with it, that's worth it.

Long as it runs, I'd personally go for it, the other one actually looks Thunder Tiger too, not been able to find a match though, it's just got that 'vibe' about it lol.

Cheers mate ?

To be honest, I didn't look that closely at the pics lol its been a while since I last had a nitro of any sort so was just wondering if was worth it so Harley has a bit of a variety in what he can take out.

At the moment it doesn't look like it will run bit the chap has a brand new engine with it that will need a bit of a run in I guess

Thunder tiger ek4 truck based of the eb4 buggy I think so so parts should be ok ish to get .

Its an old truck but for that money it's a bargain I've seen them sell for well over £100 on eBay 

I think the car is some sort of kyosho

So sounds like a good deal then? ?

And yes was thinking the same with the car as looks very similar to a friends

Maybe buy it all, then just flog it on and whatever you make, put that towards something he wants mate?

Might be a better way of doing it, if you're a bit unsure it will run and that kind of thing.

Both together should reach at least double what you'll be paying, although I imagine more.

Just an idea :)

Is it worth £35?!

I've wanted one of those for AGES. They go on eBay for well over 100 when they do go on.

It has a .70 heli engine. Bare in mind the largest engines you can easily buy for RC cars are .36.

They're an animal, only one problem with them though and it's a big one; spares.

You can't find them for love nor money. And when you do, they're abroad.

That's the S2 which is one one to have though, the first one had diffs made of cheese that couldn't handle the torque from the motor, a cooling head that was so small that the engine didn't cool properly and the outlet on the exhaust to pressurise the tank so far near the exhaust tip that it barely pressurised the tank, leading to lean running especially when it was nearly empty.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, swingy_p said:

So sounds like a good deal then? ?

And yes was thinking the same with the car as looks very similar to a friends

Yes bud great deal 

Will be picking them both up next weekend so will be able to have a better look at them both and see what's needed to get them running and will post some more pics ??

Cheers for the help guys

Right have been and collected them as most of you guys said for £35 it's a good deal but anyway the truck isn't a problem as you all pointed out its a Thunder Tiger EK4 but need help in identifying this one now lol.

It's a Kyosho of some sort but need to know what model for parts and that.

51f81f0d2a9054823d00ef475f4c9ee9.jpg5f6f483d58d124e5745df49c72a4d6a8.jpg7ce35a740caf99a188d841f4c564faa6.jpgcd2da541002ca19f01fc328adabbe5fd.jpg

This is what came with the truck.

055cfed887a1184e1d6442916700a978.jpgc3e3385a0ca297eaf3f10f8990535317.jpgee9186afca10b003221f1e4eead47886.jpgab7bf181e47be8cad9e286a5323a53b8.jpgf9c7ac2b5e2a64a8774a298b19c155b5.jpg9b45829dc94dfd135452663c850d23c3.jpg81f474bfed46ada01cf8ab73bc0a8fa6.jpg

Needs a bloody good strip down and rebuild but at first glance doesn't look too bad,

Front shock tower is a little bent but will straighten out in a vice.

Engine turned over and has compression but looking at the condition of it it's in bad shape but will strip it down and see if it's salvageable.

So now over to you guys again, is it worth what I paid and how much of a ballache is it gonna be to get these two back up and running again?

• Like 1

the kyosho looks liks its either a pureten or a superten, not entirely sure exactly which one it is. looks a lot like my old superten apart from a couple of features. that kyosho gsx12 engine is a peach though :good:

the kyosho looks liks its either a pureten or a superten, not entirely sure exactly which one it is. looks a lot like my old superten apart from a couple of features. that kyosho gsx12 engine is a peach though :good:

Cheers,

Have Googled both and looks more like the pureten so Googled just that and there are loads of variations on the pureten but a little closer knowing what parts to look for lol

Looks nothing like the pureten series I'm used to lol. But then that is pureten alpha so mayb thers an older pureten. 

Those engines looked rusted out tho I doubt it'll run but I have been wrong before lol.  15-20yr old thunder tiger .15 engine it looked like crap but ran like a dream. 

Dremmel with wire brush cleans them up pretty well, using old nitro fuel as the cleaner, altho I would use the nitro and dremmel together lol.  

Dremmel them down get as much rust off ad possible then use nitro to wash the dust away and flush it out. 

I will say that little mt will be tons of fun once running tho those things are fast enough but act wild, it the crashing that's the issue. Finding spares ect.