• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

my 29cc dbxl.........

evssv

...for my new rc...stuff it...y not.:yes::yes::yes:..so will baja wheel nuts fit a losi dbxl???as I bought sum for the mcd :rolleyes:as there the same so I hope the answer is yes??I guess the db is 24mm hex like me baj???and will Baja extended hexs fit it aswell???what r the essential upgrades for a db??it already has fid fr/rear chassis braces fitted...I`m guessing decent tie rods/steering rods r a good upgrade. Under chassis guards??..but I haven't even seen the bottom of it yet so it may have them fitted already.....IMG-20160525-WA0002_zpsstx90zci.jpg

lol...I don't even know the kv of the motor yet...I guess the esc is 150 or 200 amp???

Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

ESC is 200a, motor will either be 780kv (if the older spec) or 800kv (if the new spec).

Personally, I would avoid FID parts and be wary of adding weight with unrequired bling....lightness = less strain on the ESC and will improve runtime.

You'll want a low punch setting on the ESC and leave the throttle curve linear. 

Priority is fitting the cap pack, which has to be fitted exactly as castle's instructions re distance from the ESC. They aren't easy to solder either, so be patient.

I would hope it's running minimum 6mm bullets, 8mm is actually much better.

1 hour ago, Noj said:

ESC is 200a, motor will either be 780kv (if the older spec) or 800kv (if the new spec).

Personally, I would avoid FID parts and be wary of adding weight with unrequired bling....lightness = less strain on the ESC and will improve runtime.

You'll want a low punch setting on the ESC and leave the throttle curve linear. 

Priority is fitting the cap pack, which has to be fitted exactly as castle's instructions re distance from the ESC. They aren't easy to solder either, so be patient.

I would hope it's running minimum 6mm bullets, 8mm is actually much better.

Ok..what do I need cap pak wise then? Assuming it ain't no got one already. ...this could well b a bez mod then as my soldering. ....although  improved...aint up to scratch ......and i wouldn't  wanna damage the esc tbh.

Edited by evssv

I'd try and keep the weight off. You'll be restricted to 8S which is actually plenty. I would do the following:

Remove and check all bearings, stock are not shielded and mine were practically ceased. 

Check the diff cases for wear and warping. They are pretty thin and I replaced mine with the AreaRC cases which are really very nice. The diffs themselves seem really solid.

Disassemble those shocks and replace the oil if they are stock and replace the springs with DDM ones. 

Replace the plastic Ackerman with a aluminium one

Replace the servo horn with an aluminium one

Move that ESC or shield it. It's right behind the front wheel, stuff will get kicked up into it even behind the body

I'd probably remove all the boots and check for grease and damage to the rubber. The Fast Eddy boot tool is really useful when replacing. 

Get or make some mud guards for the rear arms. The shock boots and drive shafts will take a pounding from gravel.

I had real problems with the front drive shaft, where it couples to the pinion. The pin kept coming out. There's a few ways to fix this, some cheap and but replacing with 5ive couplers is expensive. 

I think you got a good deal with that, especially as it has different tyres on it. I'd be tempted to fit mechanical breaks to it since the BL setup allows for that unlike other systems. 

• Like 1

:good:..I'll  chk all the above for  sure....what wt oil is good for general bashing then??diff oil??isit normal shox oil i use? ??mechanical  brake. ..hows this set up then? ?i have  2x   spare 1256tg's so thats a good brake servo I'm  guessing. ......i have a boot tool.....:good:...mudguards i can make. ....hopefully  the stock bearing have already been replaced.... But I will chk..definitely  gonna  do sumin with the esc placement/or guard it from the front

Edited by evssv

Sadly it will only work with the Kershaw system. It probably could be modified to fit the stock one but you'd need to invest some time into it. 

You could however design a new one based on that which could be mounted as part of the servo tray so could contain both the esc and BEC. They tricky bit is aligning all the holes up to be screwed into from the chassis, because they need to be interpreted by the printing software as holes so they get reinforced rather than surrounded by the honeycomb which it normally does for internal spaces. 

Edited by mond

On 26 May 2016 at 22:26, evssv said:

...for my new rc...stuff it...y not.:yes::yes::yes:..so will baja wheel nuts fit a losi dbxl???as I bought sum for the mcd :rolleyes:as there the same so I hope the answer is yes??I guess the db is 24mm hex like me baj???and will Baja extended hexs fit it aswell???what r the essential upgrades for a db??it already has fid fr/rear chassis braces fitted...I`m guessing decent tie rods/steering rods r a good upgrade. Under chassis guards??..but I haven't even seen the bottom of it yet so it may have them fitted already.....IMG-20160525-WA0002_zpsstx90zci.jpg

lol...I don't even know the kv of the motor yet...I guess the esc is 150 or 200 amp???

Can't wait to see this Mike. Post up when your out with it next

race on I reckon...:yes:..both 8s...2wd v`s 4wd....:yes:......I will let u know once its all ready to bash.....gota few things to sort on it first..should b here by end of nx wk......so wk end after nx ..weather permitting .....:rolleyes:.....u been out with ur evo at all??

Edited by evssv