• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ's 5ive T

.AJ.

Looks nice but think of the cost if you have another bearing spin. It wont melt but will remove enough alloy to make it more or less scrap.

Id just replace with stock housings and better bearings. even then you will need to keep an eye on the bearings 

• Like 1

I've never understood the quick access pinion thing? I've never needed to acces my pinion quickly and let's be serious it doesn't take long to take the diff apart anyway. 

33 minutes ago, NG15 said:

I've never understood the quick access pinion thing? I've never needed to acces my pinion quickly and let's be serious it doesn't take long to take the diff apart anyway. 

On the basis that prevention is better than fixing things, if you can get to it quickly and easily, you'll check it.  No one wants a failure, everyone likes things to be as easy as possible, that's why this kind of component exists...

TBH, I've never had a problem with the stocker but I understand why people inc AJ like this kind of part... Does that help you with the rationalle? 

• Like 1

Alloy arms are going nowhere near this lol, the cover isn't quite as straight forward as it looks to get off, the front pin brace is in the way of 1 screw, I would whip the whole gearbox off the chassis (6 screws) and then take the brace off to gain access, it's still a lot quicker than striping out the diff the conventional way 

2 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

They have been superglued to the rims now, Scott said he managed to keep his on at the last bash after gluing them, but I'll have the nomads with me as back up just in case :good:

Yeah, they stayed on OK fir Nade... The wood screws helped as well! :)