• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ's 5ive T

.AJ.

2 minutes ago, Guns said:

Just googled that. £360 servo? LMAO Fifth Scale is a next level of money!

looks immense though!

They haven't gained the nickname of the "Finger Snapper" for no reason :lol:

I'd imagine the same as the Bajas... Put a small spring between the pads to eliminate any rub when the brakes aren't applied, it cuts down the heat build it so you get no fade and obviously cuts down on the wear rate as well :)

I noticed a difference on mine with the Bajas I must admit, for something that seems so silly, just adding a tiny spring lol.

You can use a spring just out of a pen though, if you need a specific size.

• Like 1

Here we go

image_zpsffooapki.jpeg

I put 100k in the center, I'm not fussed about on power steering and rather have better bite off the line, so thats why I went for the heavy oil :good:

I got that the wrong way round :lol: heavier up front... That serves me right for typing and eBaying at the same time :rolleyes: my goal was to send a bit more power to the rear so it was a bit more fun and less boring from a bash perspective, did a similar thing with the brakes to kick the tail out.

Anymore news regarding your pipe? :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

I got that the wrong way round :lol: heavier up front... That serves me right for typing and eBaying at the same time :rolleyes: my goal was to send a bit more power to the rear so it was a bit more fun and less boring from a bash perspective, did a similar thing with the brakes to kick the tail out.

Anymore news regarding your pipe? :)

Haha, makes sense now :good:

The tracking still says it hasn't been collected yet, if it doesn't leave today I'll get a refund, I've seen MMR have a Bart unsilenced g320 pipe on eBay so might go for that instead 

34 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

It's getting beyond a joke now tbh, how hard is it to buy a bloody exhaust lol 

Based on your experience..... Pretty bloody difficult...... :D

downside is you may have to deal with MMR.  I'd rather wait for the others vendors to get their act together ....

you can borrow a pipe from me in the mean time if you need to...

Well, just got a email to say its been picked up by the courier, so just have to keep them fingers crossed it turns up before the weekend, me and BigJim are meant to be having a bash Saturday and if I miss it I probably won't be able to get out with the 5ive for a month or so.. 

13 minutes ago, Harris2258 said:

Nice pipe the Bart got a Crome g320 unsilenced on mine.  From Ddm though 

I really don't want a unsilenced one unless I have too, there are a few bash spots really close to home that I couldnt use without a silenced pipe :( 

10 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

I really don't want a unsilenced one unless I have too, there are a few bash spots really close to home that I couldnt use without a silenced pipe :( 

Not tested it yet as I'm in middle of build but if it's to loud I'll swap it for a silenced one is there much difference my baja was a dominator pipe that was ok.