• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi 5ive Rally car project(s)

Carpmart

5 minutes ago, mayzie12 said:

Exams on Monday and Tuesday then thats me :thumbsup:

Home straight then....  Lots of 2 stroke action then?  Midweek karting = lots of unhindered track time! :) 

Edited by Carpmart

3 minutes ago, Carpmart said:

Home straight then....  Lots of 2 stroke action then?  Midweek karting = lots of unhindered track time! :) 

As much as the old man can fit in! Will be working a lot though. Aiming for a 5ive myself by the end of summer! ;)

5 minutes ago, mayzie12 said:

As much as the old man can fit in! Will be working a lot though. Aiming for a 5ive myself by the end of summer! ;)

Good choice.  I trust you'll be rally converting it?  You know how the saying goes.... once you've had a Losi 5ive, you don't go back...... :D 

2 minutes ago, Carpmart said:

Good choice.  I trust you'll be rally converting it?  You know how the saying goes.... once you've had a Losi 5ive, you don't go back...... :D 

Will see when i get it, all i know at the moment is it wont be 2 stroke powered :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, mayzie12 said:

Will see when i get it, all i know at the moment is it wont be 2 stroke powered :ph34r:

OMG - how very dare you!  Go and fraternise with the other brushless warriors (Tug and Noj) and please don't darken this topic again with such naive and inflammatory talk! :) 

• Like 3

Like the bolt idea..  Live the look of the wheel.  Is it worth thickening the spokes a little.  Will help hide the wheel below and add a little more material into the design.  Is it also worth filling in the middle?  No need to be able to take them off with the caps in position...

i think  I misled you earlier Craig.  The beadlocks are the same bolt pattern, so you could design 3 mounting holes which I can then use longer bolts through the beadlock into the wheels, if you get my drift...?

the other thing is that some of the wheels I use, have quite a flat face, so quite flush with the beadlock..  Can't recall what style of wheel I sent you down?  My point is they may not take a dish on your hubcap.

4 minutes ago, Carpmart said:

Like the bolt idea..  Live the look of the wheel.  Is it worth thickening the spokes a little.  Will help hide the wheel below and add a little more material into the design.  Is it also worth filling in the middle?  No need to be able to take them off with the caps in position...

i think  I misled you earlier Craig.  The beadlocks are the same bolt pattern, so you could design 3 mounting holes which I can then use longer bolts through the beadlock into the wheels, if you get my drift...?

the other thing is that some of the wheels I use, have quite a flat face, so quite flush with the beadlock..  Can't recall what style of wheel I sent you down?  My point is they may not take a dish on your hubcap.

Ah yeah, that's what i was trying to say earlier with the bolt pattern of the beadlocks, all using the same etc.. That makes it better having prescribed holes, easy to add too.

The dish at the minute is only 10mm, so it will sit maximum inwards 10mm from the furthest outside point of the beadlock it is attached to. Hoping to keep this even if i put it down to 5mm, as the original designs without this just looked like cheap hubcaps you'd through on a car from Halfords!

If you could maybe measure up how much i could go in on different wheels (anyone) it would be a great help.

I also thought about hiding the wheel, what about a brake disc?? Although this does come with the same problem as the disc, as it would require probably around 2mm behind the beadlock, or a 2mm gap between the face of the beadlock ad the rim in other words.

I can thicken the spokes easy enough if i cant figure out the brake disc idea ;)

Also it was this wheel;

pfaSnlS.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Scotty napalm said:

Looking mint. I might be misunderstanding you here? Are you using the wheel face as a beadlock?

No, the existing beadlock will be used, this will sit on top of it and you will just need a few longer bolts as the bolt pattern on the hubcap is the same as the beadlock :thumbsup:

No, the existing beadlock will be used, this will sit on top of it and you will just need a few longer bolts as the bolt pattern on the hubcap is the same as the beadlock :thumbsup:

Happy days mate, I'm just picturing it in my head[emoji1303]