• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

Just messaged the guy who I bought it from and he's already done the 2085X servo upgrade!

I don't think there is anything else left for me to do in terms of basic upgrades.

Just gotta find time to enjoy it now!!

Took it for a spin yesterday to make sure it was all in check and the thing is a beast... little blips of throttle and wheelies like mad. Also, goes like poo off a shovel!

More than fast enough for my needs!!

So glad I made the plunge!

• Like 3

So been out with X Maxx a few times now! 

Its been brill!! I've flipped it, crashed it, cartwheeled it and so on...and still its asked for more!

The Sundapow batteries from Amazon are fantastic...and give me about 45 mins of decent run time! (mileage will vary!)

I did have an issue where the front wheels were glitching...not had that issue the first two times I took it out...when going at speed, the car would wobble.

Turned the TSM off and it solved the issue. Is there a way to calibrate the TSM??

Cheers

13 hours ago, vimto2000 said:

So been out with X Maxx a few times now! 

Its been brill!! I've flipped it, crashed it, cartwheeled it and so on...and still its asked for more!

The Sundapow batteries from Amazon are fantastic...and give me about 45 mins of decent run time! (mileage will vary!)

I did have an issue where the front wheels were glitching...not had that issue the first two times I took it out...when going at speed, the car would wobble.

Turned the TSM off and it solved the issue. Is there a way to calibrate the TSM??

Cheers

Not calibrate as such, but Just have the TSM turned on a bit, just turn the dial say 5 minutes. Or turn it off completely lol

• Like 1

I tried it with a bit and it was still wobbly...decided to get rid of it completely!

Discovered training mode, which will be handy for when I give the remote to the kids!

Also, what do people prefer out of the trigger position? It is the first time I've been given a choice, 50/50 or 70/30?

Cheers

Just now, vimto2000 said:

I tried it with a bit and it was still wobbly...decided to get rid of it completely!

Discovered training mode, which will be handy for when I give the remote to the kids!

Also, what do people prefer out of the trigger position? It is the first time I've been given a choice, 50/50 or 70/30?

Cheers

Ive never bothered with throttle trigger position, I THINK 70/30 would be better for racing where they have Forward/Brake and no reverse. Cant see much use for it when bashing?

• Like 1

Hey all, 

I've got the Proline Brute shell on my truck..which is holding up really well. To make it last longer...are the roof and boot skids protectors worth it?

And which ones are better, Traxxas or RPM?

On a plus note...My DXF batteries have just arrived.

No customs or extra charges...took about 3 weeks!

Not sure I need them now lol my Sundapow 6400 ones from give me about 45-60 min driving the way I used it..which is plenty. 

The DXF 8400 are a bit bigger...but should easily give me over 60mins of driving!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, EvilR said:

Change of plans so I’m just after the best to run the stock motor off 

Max 6 or Max 5 

Max 6 will run it but I find the 5 seems to have more punch to it and runs cooler 👍

1 hour ago, EvilR said:

Change of plans so I’m just after the best to run the stock motor off 

Max 6 or Max 5 

I use a 6 cause its just far easier/cleaner to mount. Remember to gear up 😉

Edited by Kpowell911

9 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Personally Nothing haha. Just use it till it breaks 🙂

Well this is my current strategy, but wondered if there was some easy checks to do before it breaks.

Still haven't taken anything apart since I've got the X-Maxx! So been out on several runs...and all I've got to show for it..are grass stains on the lid! Nothing has broken! 

9 hours ago, vimto2000 said:

Well this is my current strategy, but wondered if there was some easy checks to do before it breaks.

Still haven't taken anything apart since I've got the X-Maxx! So been out on several runs...and all I've got to show for it..are grass stains on the lid! Nothing has broken! 

Use it break it fix it unless you get it wet or dunk it in a river etc then it’s a full strip and re lube 👍

• Thanks 1

Looking at the stock tool kit for the X-Maxx, you get:

2.5mm ball end hex key
2.0mm hex key
2.5mm hex key
Traxxas Wheel Wrench Splined 17mm

I have everything but the 2.5mm ball end, is it really necessary?

Cheers

9 hours ago, vimto2000 said:

Looking at the stock tool kit for the X-Maxx, you get:

2.5mm ball end hex key
2.0mm hex key
2.5mm hex key
Traxxas Wheel Wrench Splined 17mm

I have everything but the 2.5mm ball end, is it really necessary?

Cheers

Ive never used one in all the years I’ve owned mine 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

Ive never used one in all the years I’ve owned mine 👍

Perfect...money saved...but a little disappointed I don't need to add to my tool collection! 😆

Please help!!!

took the Xmaxx out with the notorious today for a bash with my son. 

have recently fitted an uprated servo 2085x but otherwise stock electronics. All was fine until the Xmaxx turned off without warning. I assumed it was batteries so swapped for fully charged. Turned itself off again a few times within 30 secs of powering up. Then the steering locked full right and it won’t budge. Still drives forward and back, but steering stays put.

ive re calibrated the controller. Nothing is or was hot to touch. I’ve done a quick google search and I fear the esc may have packed up, but was wondering if anyone here has advice or anything to try which I haven’t already.

7 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

tried another servo ?

No, not yet. I will plug the old one in and see if it makes a difference. Would be very surprised though. The servo moved full right without me touching the controller and was working when it first started to turn itself off. 
I was thinking of changing the esc anyway, so this is a good excuse to do so. Not sure whether to go max 6 or max 5 though?