• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

1 hour ago, Guns said:

So jealous! The experience when you first open the box is amazing!

Cant lie, iv had some rc's over the years. But nothing beats taking this thing out the box and cutting those cable ties to let it loose 😂

7 minutes ago, Skinso said:

I've just ordered the xmaxx, should be here early next week

you won’t regret it, they are crazy...you will need to think about a few upgrades in time, rcmaniacs bodyshell, esc and steering servo...but for now give it a good thrash and it always asks for more..

12 hours ago, QRC said:

you won’t regret it, they are crazy...you will need to think about a few upgrades in time, rcmaniacs bodyshell, esc and steering servo...but for now give it a good thrash and it always asks for more..

I've a few things at home, rpm rear hubs, rpm hinge pin, traxxas upgraded servo. I'll hold off on the max 6 and see how original goes

Just had a quick spin around the street, first impression was 'poor' very very slow. Had a quick read through the Manuel last night in work and seen it had 3 modes but default set to sport, took it back inside and made sure it was on sport, took back out and the thing rips, I'm very impressed with the servo turns the wheels easy. I've bought the upgraded servo but won't use it until needed

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Skinso said:

Has anyone bought 1 of the unbreakable bodies from Russia?

Yeah I use one, not pretty but saves a fortune on replacements 😂

Be warned the roll cage can be a pig to get lined up on them  👍

49 minutes ago, Skinso said:

Roll cage? Do you mean the the shell clips? Have you tried painting outside of the shell?

The Russian shells are crudley made and not very flexible, getting the cage (body mount) system on is a pain haha. 

Only way I can describe it, imagine a shell made out if your washing up bowl

They look terrible, theyre impossible to paint, but its better than buying a new shell every few runs lol

Edited by Guns

9 hours ago, Skinso said:

On Kevin Talbot's YouTube channel there is a grey unbreakable body that looks decent, of you were to paint the windows white the shell would look decent for a basher body

Paint doesn’t stick to these bodies some but not all Sign writers vinyl works well 

Agreed you need to look at these shells as basher shells there not pretty but do the job well 

Heres a couple of pics of mine 

FFD0-E56-E-5034-474-A-BBBE-06-D39-FD32-D

• Like 1