• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

Shoo goo the body :good::good:if u want it to last :yes:..fit  the rpm front /rear bumper supports as the stock ones r pooo:yes:.....there only  a 10 quid  each  if that :good:..chk my x maxx thread for goo'ing  procedure:good:..and chk every single nut, bolt,hex head :good:

Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

On 21/08/2017 at 16:15, mydoddy69 said:

The velineon fans are 35mmx 35mm x10mm the WTF fans are only 30mm or 40mm and I think they do a 25mm but they don't do a 35mm the do a 30mm with a 34mm housing from what I remember 

I finally installed my 34x34x16mm fans (with a little modding) and they fit perfect using the 8S Velineon housing.

I realise now how under powered the stock fans are now. These 34x34x16mm fans easily move twice the amount of air at the same voltage (6v). Massive difference. They sound really good as well, you get a proper whooshing noise! lol

IMG_0644.JPG

Sorted.

Edited by scoobied77
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, evssv said:

Nice dude :good:...did u  monitor  temps  with the old fans? B intersting  to see the difference now u fitted these :yes:

Yes I like to keep an eye on the temps so will be interesting to see the difference.

I'm currently running them at 6v and even at this voltage you can really feel the air being forced out of the heatsink now.

Must be mental at 8.4v! lol

2 hours ago, scoobied77 said:

I finally installed my 34x34x16mm fans (with a little modding) and they fit perfect using the 8S Velineon housing.

I realise now how under powered the stock fans are now. These 34x34x16mm fans easily move twice the amount of air at the same voltage (6v). Massive difference. They sound really good as well, you get a proper whooshing noise! lol

IMG_0644.JPG

Sorted.

How have you mounted them in ? Looks like hot glue or something ? 

Hi Xmaxx gang, so I've got confused with the Bluetooth telemetry thing.
I have an 8s and want to adjust it via the phone app.
I not fussed about speed and heat. Just to able to quickly adjust settings etc so my son can use it.
What bits do I need ? Something in controller and what on the actual truck.
Thanks
#Bashon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

How have you mounted them in ? Looks like hot glue or something ? 

Cut out the plastic pole supports (as the holes don't quite match up) to make a nice flat surface, tiny bit of shoe goo to hold in place.

Job done.

:)

Edited by scoobied77
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, evssv said:

How bad do u want it :yes:..is the real question :good:...buy  now =bash nx wk...:good:..build=bash in few months :rolleyes:

:lol: I am aware of that, scratch build wouldn't be an option if I was that inpatient mate. I don't mind taking my time.

7 hours ago, James1986 said:

@atom3624 scratch-built his. I think most of the pics are towards the beginning of this thread.

Thanks, I will have to go through this thread as I see it it's V2 8s now!

• Like 1

An outstanding couple of hours bashing up the beach at Lancing.

I had the Xmaxx chewing up the stones. My 6 yr old running the Losi on 3s. His driving skills getting better everyday. He's even getting airtime.

Question. The Xmaxxheat sink around motor is loose. How is this fixed to the motor ? Should I use paste ?

Thanks

5397ba84baa2694e56c8c95212ee1e89.jpg

• Like 2

Huge day of bashing on the coast. Got too confident with some large air, turned into 30mph spinning wheel straight into the English Channel. Upside down submerged for about 2 mins by the time I got to it.
I'm going through drying out protocol but think a short already burnt through.
Any expert opinions ?!
e5af4834eb4083272007ce6d2b053fd2.jpg