• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

3 hours ago, Guns said:

Sounds about right with stock esc. Literally just switching esc unlocks mph. 

what lipos you running?

The traxxas 6700's

Just put the max5 in. Cabletietastc!.. as in my v1. 

Looking forward to giving it a go.

I did find a drive train noise when running the car without wheels on the bench to check the esc was working as it should. Hoping it's just my hand straightened centre drive shaft. I have ordered a new 1. 

;)

• Like 1

V1 was great. Only complaint I had really was concern about the esc and breaking ring/ pin gears too often. Otherwise it was solid and fun. 

V2 does feel like a general step up in the right direction. Did bend my centre drive shaft 1st proper bash out tho. Never did that on my v1 in a year. 

Installed some goodies this evening. . .

VG Racing roll cage. Man this thing is proper strong! I put all my weight on it (90kg) and it would not budge. :D

Nice thing with my future shells no need to reinforce all the rear end any more now as there is simply no need. With the cage the rear end is solid and it's that part which seems to take most of the beating.

Also installed a set of VG racing progressive springs which seem really nice and soak up the additional weight from the cage.

Just need the weather to get better so I can have a decent bash.

;)

IMG_0576.JPG

Edited by scoobied77
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, scoobied77 said:

Installed some goodies this evening. . .

VG Racing roll cage. Man this thing is proper strong! I put all my weight on it (90kg) and it would not budge. :D

Nice thing with my future shells no need to reinforce all the rear end any more now as there is simply no need. With the cage the rear end is solid and it's that part which seems to take most of the beating.

Also installed a set of VG racing progressive springs which seem really nice and soak up the additional weight from the cage.

Just need the weather to get better so I can have a decent bash.

;)

IMG_0576.JPG

I do like the look of that cage. £?

1 hour ago, evssv said:

nice:good:......soooooo..... how do it mount up?and do it hinge up or ......how u get lipos in??

It's mounted with screws direct to the body so it's nice and secure.

Lipos just slide in the normal way, no need for hinges!

Chassis YES!

I was wanting to see how the body mounted onto it and what problems there are relative to without the roll cage.

The mounting areas look clear so apparently no problems at all!!

Al.

Edited by atom3624

10 minutes ago, evssv said:

u mean chassis?not body??

Yeah chassis. 

Wouldn't be much point mounting to the body/shell! :D

6 minutes ago, evssv said:

how heavy is it??

3.30 lbs

Edited by scoobied77

46 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

The cage is 3.3lbs???? :@.@:

surerly not!!

Apparently so. Someone else weighed theirs. I didn't bother weighing mine, I just slapped it on! 

3.3lbs

I'm really glad I bought the VG Racing progressive springs at the same time. They are much better than the stock springs and take the weight of the cage no problem whilst improve the handling. Being progressive they still soak up all the little bumps a treat and can handle the big jumps too.

20545515_10209534333582716_7585617093956875029_o (1).jpg

Edited by scoobied77

3.3lb is a lot of weight to put on it... or at least it sounds it to me. :huh:

maybe it's not in the scheme of things. Looks great either way and I like the idea of it. 

2 hours ago, Ocdcbr said:

3.3lb is a lot of weight to put on it... or at least it sounds it to me. :huh:

maybe it's not in the scheme of things. Looks great either way and I like the idea of it. 

If I can tap the throttle and she can easily flip on her back still I'd say she can more than handle the extra weight. :D