• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

Lipo bag that then goes in my bash bag along with a few spares tools zip ties glue bearings nuts and bolts the usal bits and bobs to keep you out until your packs are all done ;) 

5 minutes ago, evssv said:

Chk my thread :good:

Same - yours is 8 mm longer, 0.8 mm smaller diameter.

X524's even higher rated power-wise - could be why it nuked the drive gear, no where the centre diff is!! (+1300 W).

X524 is limited to 30,000 - this goes to 37.8k revs.

You will enjoy!

Reckon mine is (nearly) tamed!!

Al.

Edited by atom3624

7 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Same - yours is 8 mm longer, 0.8 mm smaller diameter.

X524's even higher rated power-wise - could be why it nuked the drive gear, no where the centre diff is!! (+1300 W).

X524 is limited to 30,000 - this goes to 37.8k revs.

You will enjoy!

Reckon mine is (nearly) tamed!!

Al.

What do u thk I should do diff wise  then  running  this??gonna b 51/44 gearing wise

Edited by evssv

1 hour ago, evssv said:

What do u thk I should do diff wise  then  running  this??gonna b 51/44 gearing wise

Cross your fingers... and toes!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, evssv said:

Get on Jennies and convert to 8s spec with the UE centre diff. May need to sell a kidney to make this reliable using a V1 base...

modelsport had the same price and showed in stock a few wks back so i ordered 1 only to be told they havnt even had any in stock,i think they noticed the mistake and didnt want to sell at that price as it went straight out of stock after this and still is

10 hours ago, evssv said:

Front / Rear - mine are both 50 weight diff oil - works fine - too thick and it won't turn well.

Centre Diff? Mine's got 60 weight - definitely NOT 2,000,000 WT Traxxas - MUCH TOO THICK - defeats the object of having a centre diff.

If I want it to wheelie, I can, but it keeps it's nose DOWN and I can accelerate.

Al.

7 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Front / Rear - mine are both 50 weight diff oil - works fine - too thick and it won't turn well.

Centre Diff? Mine's got 60 weight - definitely NOT 2,000,000 WT Traxxas - MUCH TOO THICK - defeats the object of having a centre diff.

If I want it to wheelie, I can, but it keeps it's nose DOWN and I can accelerate.

Al.

In all fairness you dont run a traxxas CD, that may be why you dont need 2m oil. Its fine in mine. 

Fair point.

I'm sure they did some development, but seems like putting a piece of firm rubber in the driveline.

Perhaps with the (acceptable but lower powered) standard set-up it works.

Mine was flipping on its lid with 1/5 throttle - had to dial in a centre diff to be able to drive it.

Al.

Had a 'free day' - family had gone out and no over-inquisitive post-toddler to keep an eye on, so FINALLY got around to fitting the beading I like to fit on the edge of larger-scale bodies to the X-Maxx body.

As there are a lot of sharp corners, not smooth curves, I decided to trim and use multiple pieces - less ideal but the final finish isn't bad.

My process is to place firmly onto the body the 'slotted tubing', then feed fine CA glue along the inner edge and 'work in' a little - seems to have worked.

IMG_20170611_223202_zps6tgh5cgd.jpg

IMG_20170611_223225_zps94qh4qkl.jpg

IMG_20170611_223248_zpszr6swe0j.jpg

Al.

• Like 2