• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

2 minutes ago, Ripoffbritain said:

I've got the max5 which is bigger but yours will definitely fit where the old one came from,I'm guessing their stuck down with double sided tape, you shouldn't need to cut anything.

google max6 xmaxx should bring up some pics to help.

Thanks?

8 minutes ago, Harris2258 said:

Thanks?

I had to trim 2x bits of plastic off  to fit the max520170405_223114_zpsyh3kaqaf.jpgfitted here 20170405_232837_zpsf71rlgmv.jpg

The 6 will fita lot better  in the gap :good:mines sort of resting  on the edge of the rx box and is angled down towards the motor 

Edited by evssv

4 minutes ago, evssv said:

I had to trim 2x bits of plastic off  to fit the max520170405_223114_zpsyh3kaqaf.jpgfitted here 20170405_232837_zpsf71rlgmv.jpg

The 6 will fita lot better  in the gap :good:mines sort of resting  on the edge of the rx box and is angled down towards the motor 

Cheers there's not much on google about installing max6 

1 hour ago, Harris2258 said:

Cheers there's not much on google about installing max6 

This is a max6 installed goes where the stock esc fits use the double sided tape it comes with to hold it down and if you want you can add a zip tie across the top as a safety measure 

1DBE95C7-4AD5-401C-8CFE-04E25D727914_zps

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

This is a max6 installed goes where the stock esc fits use the double sided tape it comes with to hold it down and if you want you can add a zip tie across the top as a safety measure 

1DBE95C7-4AD5-401C-8CFE-04E25D727914_zps

exactly what I ment by it`ll sit on the chassis flat..unlike my max5 on a angle....as it wont fit in the gap unless I mover the rx box which I cant b asssed tbh....:good:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, evssv said:

exactly what I ment by it`ll sit on the chassis flat..unlike my max5 on a angle....as it wont fit in the gap unless I mover the rx box which I cant b asssed tbh....:good:

Max5 same spot note the rx box ;) 

A56E7F77-0851-4C33-9896-CBD9AC90443C_zps

8 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Yes  and added a plate to mount it all flush .. 

Its a bit of a faff to do but the end result is nice ;) 

Ahh. Cool ...I'm happy  with mine  as is tbh :good:.until  I wanna get in the box :rolleyes:

Edited by evssv

Anyone who's got the proline raptor body did yours come very slightly roughed inside? I've normally roughed mine when washing them with soapy water with a scotch pad (or similar) but not sure if this one needs it as it looks like it's been factory done?

On 4/22/2017 at 23:41, mydoddy69 said:

Max5 same spot note the rx box ;) 

A56E7F77-0851-4C33-9896-CBD9AC90443C_zps

Hi mydoddy69. I have the same Zippy 6200 battery sitting in my MAX, however I find that there are a big gap between the battery and the top grey door lock. Did you filled something in the battery tray so raised the bottom floor?