• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

5 hours ago, Guns said:

Yes.  Looks awesome in the video and very realistic.  Its a must for me.  Got a thing for grave digger just love the truck, So much so we off to Cardiff in September to see it and the rest in monster jam. 

7 hours ago, dazp1976 said:

$60 for some shock caps :faintthud:

Lol there only $42 on tower which is £32.03 now the pound is so weak :( which in turn works out to just over £8 each now look at a set of caps for say the trophy there 4-5 tmes smaller and they work out at £1.80 each and there not even upgraded caps just crappy plastic so are they really that exspensive ? 

Personally I think parts for the X are quite reasonable considering its size 

5 hours ago, Ady 2215 said:

Yes.  Looks awesome in the video and very realistic.  Its a must for me.  Got a thing for grave digger just love the truck, So much so we off to Cardiff in September to see it and the rest in monster jam. 

Haha at the Principality? Trying to get the Mrs to take me ?

I still like this one - well I would, it's mine!!

St.%20Helens-20160716-00720_zpsh1vjlere.

MERV%2020150811-03_zpsinig5bua.jpg

Previous 'option' look - just too big. I quite liked it but the gearing is pretty ridonculous!! Probably good for 80-90 mph if it could stay on the ground.

MERV%2020150811-06_zpsoyxwynuw.jpg

Al.

Edited by atom3624

Got the new fans installed 

B9A1CE67-2317-4AD9-9423-0C7210F1485C_zps

trimmed the sides down as well so when it's fitted I can actually see the motor to get a better temp reading, plus it's not cover the heat sink as much now so will allow better air flow 

9215AEC9-DC16-4D0B-AA20-58DF9DD7D67F_zps

and how it looks from the top, no different really other than now I don't have to have an all fight to get it fitted lol Another bonus to trimming the sides ;) 

41884E2F-560B-4073-A7CF-4C1A7AE725C1_zps

Edited by mydoddy69

They where a bit fiddly to get out but a bit of patience a bit of poking here and there and they popped out ..The tornado just push fit back in  I removed the wires out of the little tap slots but other than that no mods required :) 

You can feel the air flow now unlike before I'll give them a test tommrow up against my other with the stock fans running the same gearing lipos and at the same spot.. Then will see if they make a difference or not ;) 

• Like 2

I have a Dream!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Maxx-/152178352584?hash=item236e8961c8:g:C6kAAOSwqfNXk5hp

Now I know how much mine's worth ... and more with the motor / ESC I have ... but the harsh reality check that is RC should ring true - never get more than a fraction back of the investment!!

Al.

Exoskeleton - reminds me of something - er, Traxxas - Summit!!

That's the 'X' again - bringing out a lot of different approaches - marmite even.

Agreed the idea's a good one, the application is a bit rough!

Al.

I hate it when I'm having a 'lazy moment' and trying forcing it out, then realising it's only getting more and more tightly wrapped around the drive axles ... hope you got it sorted quickly.

Al.

• Like 1

It's no secret I'm not Kershaw's biggest fan they seem quite basic, un professional and budget for me, yet they charge a fortune for their stuff, but what the hell are they getting at with these combos?

http://kershawdesigns.com/BrushlessSystems-KD-HVSystems.htm

22s 30.7bhp in a truck that just about handles the stock set up

34 minutes ago, Guns said:

It's no secret I'm not Kershaw's biggest fan they seem quite basic, un professional and budget for me, yet they charge a fortune for their stuff, but what the hell are they getting at with these combos?

http://kershawdesigns.com/BrushlessSystems-KD-HVSystems.htm

22s 30.7bhp in a truck that just about handles the stock set up

thats a ailien esc with a big motor, its  not specifically for the xmaxx

Finally got my max6 installed today and changed the gearing from 17/54 to 20/50 while I was at it. Hopefully get her programmed tonight then maiden after work tomorrow afternoon! :D