• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

bit heath robinson , but how about using those plastic drums that sometimes go inside a beadlock so the tyre can pinch onto them, making a cut to reduce the diameter and then glueing them inside your wheel rim .

You could probably make 4 out of two inserts by cutting them in half along the circumference so they nestle inside the hub unseen

18 hours ago, sean-vrs said:

If that ever does happen, the trade would die overnight. How can you get your money back when you have been jumping and crashing it? It dosnt make sense. The same with engines how can you gaurentee something when it can be wrecked by the consumer setting it up wrong. 

This is not like buying a phone or TVs, abusing the goods is part of the hobby and since when can we apply American consumer law over-here?

Not really, they have said that theres an issue and they haven't (as yet) done anything about it. If they didn't say that then you wouldn't have much of a leg to stand on. If it was an one off then you could put it down to user error but its a wide issue that they have picked up on. I'm not hating on traxxas as they have tried something different by bring something different to the market, this seem to be in very short supply in RC ATM. 

• Like 1

100% agree with u doddy. I do like the truck but some things are definitely less than impressive. 

I do think with a little extra investment it could be amazing though. 

So far I've paid:

£650 for the truck

£35 in broken parts

£110 for the max5 esc

i'd say £100 min on proline wheels n tyres... Could well be more?.. 

All the t-bone gear is what £100?

body £50-100 who knows...

so so it's around a grand still with the stock motor/ servo and gears...

we we all know though that rc is not cheap. If I wanted to get into 1/5 and did the same sort of amount of upgrades I'm sure I could easy get into £1.5-2k

Over time if u r into it enough and have the money why not upgrade if u want? It's part of the hobby and a choice. 

What at I don't like is the idea of buying an "rtr " and "needing" to spend out extra money just to run it.. 

IMG_4810_zps2kimfexw.jpg

i noticed a bit of side to side play in my front lower arms after that last run... when i had the front end in bits sunday i took the metal hinge pin holder out and saw the plastic chassis has some grooves warn away slightly where the metal locates...not a big concern but just thought i'd point it out. anyone else got the same?

Edited by Ocdcbr

I've had the same issues when I bought my monster. I don't think there is a single truck out there that isn't flawed, all built to a price point.

enjoy the challenge of overcoming the weaknesses. tedious and costly I know, but very satisfying when you're there. You'll probably learn some ingenious skills along the way.

• Like 1

Just now, FatWheels said:

Theres gonna be some great parts available for this early summer. Just a question of waiting and not breaking too much in the meanwhile...

yeah!.... i'm sure there will b ;)

Yep agreed fella Traxxas need to pull there head out the sand and start doing something .. The RTR route is looking like a bust to me far better to wait it out buy a cheap roller and build one .. 

It has great potential just a shame you have to go out and spend double if not more to get what it should be out the box to correct it, not really a value for money rig but I'm sure it's a smile a minute rig. 

Apparently sales have have dropped of a cliff since its release according to the guy I spoke with in my local shop and he has decided not to stock them now :( 

If sales have dropped off the cliff, you would of thought they would of reduced the price again back to £650 to start shifting some stock. They should of never adjusted it in the first place.  Well am not complaining as I was one of the lucky ones. 

I must admit I'm getting a bit pee'd off with the aftercare... It's been 2 weeks now since I cracked 3 wheels on run 4 and after countless emails and several phone calls I've got absolutely no where. Just getting a straight answer would b something. 

On urc there is talk of people glueing in plastic pipe rings ( soil pipe style) into the inner edge of the rim to strengthen it! Sheesh!....

Still waiting on my back order ring n pin from Ms... 

Time for a complete tear down this weekend then.... I guess. :boredlook:

Edited by Ocdcbr

4 hours ago, Ocdcbr said:

I must admit I'm getting a bit pee'd off with the aftercare... It's been 2 weeks now since I cracked 3 wheels on run 4 and after countless emails and several phone calls I've got absolutely no where. Just getting a straight answer would b something. 

On urc there is talk of people glueing in plastic pipe rings ( soil pipe style) into the inner edge of the rim to strengthen it! Sheesh!....

Still waiting on my back order ring n pin from Ms... 

Time for a complete tear down this weekend then.... I guess. :boredlook:

If my back orders are anything to go by you'll be waiting a month at least!!! :huh: I'd cancel the ring & pin and go to the links below.

Cheap as chips here and low shipping :) 

http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-trucks/traxxas-xmaxx-rear-differential-pinion-gear-tra7778/p475944

http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-trucks/traxxas-xmaxx-front-differential-pinion-gear-tra7777/p475943

http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-trucks/traxxas-xmaxx-differential-ring-gear-tra7779/p475945

If you keep your item order below $21.20 usd you guarantee no customs :thumbsup:

Taking around 8 days on u.s. orders these days.

In terms of the wheels, guarantee they've been made really thin for the weight. Anything heavier and you'll be gearing down to heck. The rotational mass thingy.

Edited by dazp1976
  • Like 2

Nice 1 for those links mate. :good:

Never shopped on amain so signed up and ordered the parts.... $17 shipped... Compared to £22 from modelsport... Lol... Let's see who gets them here 1st.... Tho modelsport has a 4 day head start!! 

Re the wheels... No doubt weight and cost saving r the issues.... I wonder if a layer of drywall and shoe goo ( thin) is worth a shot to strengthen the rim...

just ordered some to reinforce the body b4 it's too late!

Edited by Ocdcbr

14 hours ago, dazp1976 said:

If my back orders are anything to go by you'll be waiting a month at least!!! :huh: I'd cancel the ring & pin and go to the links below.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-trucks/traxxas-xmaxx-rear-differential-pinion-gear-tra7778/p475944

http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-trucks/traxxas-xmaxx-front-differential-pinion-gear-tra7777/p475943

http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-trucks/traxxas-xmaxx-differential-ring-gear-tra7779/p475945

If you keep your item order below $21.20 usd you guarantee no customs :thumbsup:

In terms of the wheels, guarantee they've been made really thin for the weight. Anything heavier and you'll be gearing down to heck. The rotational mass thingy.

Nice one DazP ordered a few bits great prices an postage and an easy website to navigate.

wheelspin have diffs and pinioned in stock if you need em sharpish @Ocdcbr

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FatWheels said:

Nice one DazP ordered a few bits great prices an postage and an easy website to navigate.

wheelspin have diffs and pinioned in stock if you need em sharpish @Ocdcbr

lol.....my fault for going straight to ms and just ordering!.....u live n learn...i'n not going to order a 3rd set, but thanks for the heads up and next time i will look about rather than just blindly ordering. :(

for now my xmaxx is off the road... unless i run it rear wheel drive... hmmmmmm...

until i get my gears from ms or the US..

Edited by Ocdcbr

18 hours ago, dazp1976 said:

The gears look like an extramly low grade of casting that will most likely break again. If traxxas sell an upgraded gear I'd get that.

I don't think there are any upgrade parts at the moment. 

Asistees has some gpm aluminium parts.. No pics tho

http://www.asiatees.com/model?Traxxas-XMAXX-Upgrades-Parts-Hop-Ups&brand=Traxxas&model=XMAXX&c=search_enter

i have put a layer of show goo and drywall tape on the inside outer edge of my cracked wheels. I can see signs of the cracks spreading so I thought why not. It could help. 

Plugged the  rim holes be in going to vent the tyres with a soldering tip. 

My US order of front ring n pin has shipped. Still on back order with Ms. 

Is is there any reason not to run it in rwd only? I'd like to run it over the weekend after taking out the centre shaft and front diff if there is no reason not too?... My brain is on Friday shutdown so if there is a simple reason I've missed to avoid that idea just say! 

:@.@: