• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

11 hours ago, Noj said:

Are owners ruling out the 1717?

A member on the traxxas forum said he called castle and they advised against the 1717 saying that it wouldn't be an upgrade from the stock motor.  Don't know if that's fact or not.

That means........... an X-maxx owner called Castle creation and asked what they though about putting a 1717 in the X-maxx, and they advised against it......further explaining that it wouldn't be an upgrade from the stock motor.  Like anything else, I don't know if that's a factual statement or not.  Just sharing information I saw on the Traxxas forum.

I agree with your point that the ESC seems to be the problem child of the X-maxx.  Many owners including myself have had great luck switching to the Castle Monster X ESC.  I have since gone to the dark side of the 2028/xlx.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ocdcbr said:

been thinking about some form of bumper mod or wheelie bar.... the bottom of the bumper is just way too square...and u can see from the pic why if it does touch down it can dig in and cause all sorts of unwanted anti wheelie action...

IMG_4672_zpsleyiimqb.jpg

IMG_4673_zps8n1ermya.jpg

and a pic of my smallest rc's on my biggest....:D

IMG_4665_zpspumjgozq.jpg

To be honest fella that tiny amount of plastic will just grind flat in minutes so I wouldn't worry about a wheelie bar I'd be more worried about the fuse and dodgey esc ! 

9 hours ago, NG15 said:

I have ordered one from MS but there on back order. Where did u order from? Have u got a link? 

The voltage and temp sensors are already installed in out truck. It will all show on our phones. Also brake strength etc is adjustable which is needed IMO. 

Just eBay UK from the U.S.  £19 ish... From a model so not In packaging... Who knows when it will get here and if any taxes will apply.....

nah!.....i don't think a bit too much oil in there will have a detrimental effect... i always have filled up my 1/8 diffs liberally and had no issues... 

So NG....have u ordered the kershaw stuff? motor mount/moto/esc package?

Sounds good. 

Im running mine for the 1st time tomorrow. Then I should manage Saturday too. 

Im going to a disused / overgrown golf course near me here in Hemel Hempstead. It's very hilly... So it should test the elecs out considerably!.... Med grass and mud I'm guessing.... With the odd surviving bunker here n there. 

Ill be gopro'ing it as usual. Temp gun in hand. Bone stock apart from the castle blower. 

Ive seen a gold 5692 leopard motor on taobao going cheap. £45 ish I think. My bro in law works in China. He's coming over soon. Not seen a gold leopard b4. Anyone know anything about them?

http://h5.m.taobao.com/2shou/mtdetail/index.html?id=525501132719&hybrid=true&toSite=main

id like to stay stock tbh. If I can get it to run well....

Do we now how long traxxas will be for there alloy upgrade parts if any or  rpm for there parts?  Just longing to do some mods and upgrades. 

I know you can get some upgrade parts from America now.  Just like traxxas own and easy to get from UK.