• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

I think what Noj was getting at, is the sheer volume of very basic questions that could easily be google'd. Like "how do I use green slime", "what effect does a bigger pinion have" etc. These are all things you should be searching, yourself, first... then ask the other forum members, if you are still stuck, or can't get any answers. People are always happy to help, but if it's like machine-gun questions... not so much.

Now, I have a question for you... what is your deal with Traxxas?? :huh:

Edited by Praet0r87
  • Like 2

No-one is trying to alienate him, or anyone else. However, a lot of people have asked basic questions in the past, only to be presented with "use the search button", or "google it".

Sometimes, those answers are a bit harsh, others; they are completely appropriate.

Edited by Praet0r87
  • Like 2

I'm sat on the fence here, agreeing with both sides. However, with that many cars in his fleet, I'd expect a bit more knowledge. On the flip side of that, I talk to a Canadian quite a bit, he has a handful of different cars, including a Summit, but insists on running them all on nimh because he feels he's not ready for lipo yet! Each to their own. 

Look at Vas on Aussierc, he made a vid (possibly on the Kraton, I can't remember) and I still remember those words to this day; "right, I've refilled the CD with 500,000wt oil, not sure what that's gonna do, but let's find out!"! He, of all people, should have enough experience to know what that's going to do to a cars handling/driving experience! Clearly not. 

I'll stop babbling now, I'm way off topic! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bjbear123 said:

Thanks... Im 18 and have been into RC for a few years which is why i have the 4 cars, I'm full time Uni and work. I simply don't have time to take the car apart into a million peaces to learn its internal workings. I enjoy bashing and thats about it. 

Once again I'm sorry for some of the silly questions but thank you to those of you who have provided great help 

Well said.  I thought that was what these forums are for to share information and just have a general chit chat about the hobby we like. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bjbear123 said:

Thanks... Im 18 and have been into RC for a few years which is why i have the 4 cars, I'm full time Uni and work. I simply don't have time to take the car apart into a million peaces to learn its internal workings. I enjoy bashing and thats about it. 

Once again I'm sorry for some of the silly questions but thank you to those of you who have provided great help 

That's fine, ask away, but you have to get the tools out on a regular basis, they won't maintain themselves! 

3 hours ago, Tug said:

I'm sat on the fence here, agreeing with both sides. However, with that many cars in his fleet, I'd expect a bit more knowledge. On the flip side of that, I talk to a Canadian quite a bit, he has a handful of different cars, including a Summit, but insists on running them all on nimh because he feels he's not ready for lipo yet! Each to their own. 

Look at Vas on Aussierc, he made a vid (possibly on the Kraton, I can't remember) and I still remember those words to this day; "right, I've refilled the CD with 500,000wt oil, not sure what that's gonna do, but let's find out!"! He, of all people, should have enough experience to know what that's going to do to a cars handling/driving experience! Clearly not. 

I'll stop babbling now, I'm way off topic! 

Talking of Vas..... I've often commented on his vids....esp the mT ish ones.....bushmaster too i think it was as well, "why not put thicker fluid in the CD?"... as u can here them riffing out big time!..... i think he does not often have time to setup his cars particularly well as he has soooooooooooooo many!;)

5 hours ago, Ady 2215 said:

So this may be a silly question. But when applying these extra decals.  Where the hell do F and G  go? They look like the go on or around the front bumper. Looked on Google images. No one has seemed to fitted them yet. Have fitted all bonnet grilles.  It's just for curiosity really. 

So has anyone got any ideas? Am sick of searching interweb now. It's doing my head in.  Help please. :crying:

Just noticed clear xmaxx shells are like 50 odd quid. I'm defiantly gettin one when they come instock. I'll probly just do it a solid red single colour. I had a savy with a red shell and black wheels, loved how it looked. 

8 minutes ago, NG15 said:

Just noticed clear xmaxx shells are like 50 odd quid. I'm defiantly gettin one when they come instock. I'll probly just do it a solid red single colour. I had a savy with a red shell and black wheels, loved how it looked. 

I'm sure that pro line will be releasing a new shell within the coming weeks.

yeah....i'm really hoping proline get some cool mt bodies out!...

just missed out on a 5682 leppy 1650kv on eBay.....darn it!

Me too.....it will be interesting to c if any other manufacturers come up with an integrated cage like/better that the stock 1

10 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Great thread this very helpful and friendly lol, just remember to google any questions prior to asking, then double check with the search function then triple  check the manual just incase or your have to answer to the wrath of the forum gestapo . 

Nice unboxing vid Ocdbcr ;) 

Doing any one of those things would probably answer most questions. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ady 2215 said:

Then what's the point of this forum? ??

To ask the questions where the answer isn't a simple Google search away and chat with like minded hobbyists I guess. Do you only use the forum to ask questions?

Edited by everclear1984

2 hours ago, NG15 said:

Right in the bottom corners on the shell at the front ^

Arrr. Thanks  NG15.  So it helps to find where they go when body shell is off the chassis. 

BUT, FYI. 

They don't fit that well, you have to bend them around the inside the shell a little. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

Why don't we open up another thread to discuss what the forum is for and leave this thread to discuss the owners op's / thoughts/ whatever related to the Xmaxx... Roughly....:D:good:

That would be far to easy lol

What  I really want to know, is when you hitting the rough stuff with yours fella. Despite its issues so far? I'm still thinking of getting one ;) so depending n your thoughts will determine wether I pull the plug or not ! .

So come on get a wiggle on :P