• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

4 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Its more heavy in terms of how it feels to drive. Its just a lot torquey’er, but its not useable torque as it just wheelies even more. Honestly it was for me the biggest waste of money ever in RC terms

I see. Some controllers allow you to set up throttle trim. There are even options for "diesel engine" or "supercharger" i wish traxxas BT module would have such options.  But if you are using better than stock controller - there should be these options thus ability to control torque at specific speeds.  

6 hours ago, Tadas said:

I see. Some controllers allow you to set up throttle trim. There are even options for "diesel engine" or "supercharger" i wish traxxas BT module would have such options.  But if you are using better than stock controller - there should be these options thus ability to control torque at specific speeds.  

At the time I ran a high end Futaba, think it was a 4PV. I had to run a custom throttle curve as you suggested, turned down,  which made it not much faster than stock. It was basically a £500+ mistake. Whats the point putting a big motor in if youre going to turn everything down to make it the same as stock to be useable. Trust me, I wouldnt swap a STOCK Xmaxx for one with £5k spent on it. These trucks are near perfect stock, and most ‘upgrades’ just get you likes on social media, its worse to use in the real world

Edited by Kpowell911

12 hours ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

Since these new Duratrax Six Pack tires are heavier than stock, should I turn the punch down on my Max6? It's currently at 4 of 5 and I'm running 18/50.

To be fair, youre geared quite low, so may be ok. Just try it and go from there

I don't know why but after working on my X Maxx so much it feels small to me. Yes working on my 1/16 scalers is tiny in comparison but still. Anyone else feel that way or is it just me?

On 05/11/2022 at 11:26, Tadas said:

Punch is what you're thinking of

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

Haha, my stock shell looks the same. I still run it and have a Proline Raptor for ‘best’.

was looking at proline shell, but i noticed that you cant put roof/arse/hood external parts?

5 hours ago, Tadas said:

was looking at proline shell, but i noticed that you cant put roof/arse/hood external parts?

Agreed. But as I say, I dont run it so. For bashing id just buy another stock shell from Jennys with all the cage/external parts and run that

9 hours ago, Tadas said:

That and I've heard the mounting holes are way off

Edited by SYST3M_OVERIDE

I have one of those unbreakable shells on mine…feels like it’s made out of like wheelie bin or gritbox plastic if you know what I mean. Definitely a lot tougher than any lexan shell. 

44 minutes ago, martin34 said:

I am going to do the dry wall tape and shoe goo thing on my stock shell to see how it holds up.

I did gorilla tape on mine. Definitely adds some weight but it feels stronger. I'll probably do shoo goo when it's time for a new body. The body was already starting to tear in a cooler places before I did the tape.

P_20221024_225832.jpg

Edited by SYST3M_OVERIDE

1 hour ago, martin34 said:

I am going to do the dry wall tape and shoe goo thing on my stock shell to see how it holds up.

Iv done it the moment iv gotten my X Maxx, probably extended it's life, but  still died... If we just had  one extra part that connects back protector to wheely bar - it would solve that issue...

My shoe glue thing + what i think would solve our rear problem

20221112_160051.jpg

dsffg.jpg

dsf.jpg

1 hour ago, Tadas said:

Iv done it the moment iv gotten my X Maxx, probably extended it's life, but  still died... If we just had  one extra part that connects back protector to wheely bar - it would solve that issue...

My shoe glue thing + what i think would solve our rear problem

20221112_160051.jpg

dsffg.jpg

dsf.jpg

You mean the flex of the rear 3-4" of the body?

18 minutes ago, Tadas said:

Yea, the rear is not supported thats why it breaks off after few bends.

Wonder if there's some way to rig up some sort of support that the rear of the body could rest on. It'd have to be attached at the base of the rear bumper support. Looks like I got my work cut out for me. I'll let you guys know if I figure something out.

Edited by SYST3M_OVERIDE

4 hours ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

Wonder if there's some way to rig up some sort of support that the rear of the body could rest on. It'd have to be attached at the base of the rear bumper support. Looks like I got my work cut out for me. I'll let you guys know if I figure something out.

yea we need someone to design a 3d print. But yea support should connect 2 middle bolts on the rear of the body and the 2 bolts that bolt down wheely bar and rear bumper (i think you should see what im thinking in my red markings)