• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

On 07/09/2022 at 22:19, Tadas said:

Iv noticed that both diffs (front/back) are leaking - any cure for that? Also what's the name of the oil/grease (consistency like shoe vax/ thick honey?) that people use for greasing all the gears (outside the diffs)?

Thanks.

Truth be told. On 5 X Maxxs, Ive never looked at a diff lol. 

Im runnig diff outdrive “covers”? And they keep slipping down. Am I doing something wrong?

9zRo7GO.jpg

3 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Im runnig diff outdrive “covers”? And they keep slipping down. Am I doing something wrong?

9zRo7GO.jpg

Never used these - no clue. Is there no screw to lock them? Loctite? 

On 07/09/2022 at 22:19, Tadas said:

Iv noticed that both diffs (front/back) are leaking - any cure for that? Also what's the name of the oil/grease (consistency like shoe vax/ thick honey?) that people use for greasing all the gears (outside the diffs)?

Thanks.

There seems to be a gasket set available for these - trx7781 or there are other ways to diy a gasket if so inclined (paper bodge, gasket paper, instant gasket etc.) to stop the leaking.

As for grease I’ve used boring lithium grease for all things rc for many years. I will however be trying some “red n tacky” in the future. It’s an extra sticky lithium grease basically.

That moly grease stuff would/should also be fine but iirc lithium is better in/around bearings.

• Like 1

On 10/09/2022 at 19:33, Kpowell911 said:

9zRo7GO.jpg

Rough the outdrive with a bit of sandpaper make sure you clean both ring and outdrive with some brake cleaner etc so there’s no grease or grime then add a drop of thread lock leave over night to cure job done 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

Not sure if this was and already but what's a good low cost servo that isn't Traxxas? What's a good kg rating for the truck?

You can run a standard sized servo with an adapter, you want 35kg+ really. I run a DMond 60kg in mine

49 minutes ago, martin34 said:

Is the x maxx quite a bit lighter than the outcast 8s?

The Xmaxx is 2kg lighter. 11kg for the Outcast and 9kg for the X Maxx. Guessing thats plus batteries. X Maxx is slightly bigger though as well

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

The Xmaxx is 2kg lighter. 11kg for the Outcast and 9kg for the X Maxx. Guessing thats plus batteries. X Maxx is slightly bigger though as well

Thanks.I had an outcast 8s but sold it mainly because it was so heavy.

7 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Gonna be honest. The size is the bigger issue. Theres not a whole lot of places to use it

I have some prity big fields near me and quite a few parks so I am tempted to get myself one for Christmas.

What lipos are you guys using? Haven’t been out bashing in a while but a mate has just bought a sledge so looking forward to get out again

i see hobbyking don’t have any batteries in the uk or even have a uk warehouse anymore as they are all sent from hongkong with big delivery charges.

im Northern Ireland and all sellers on eBay won’t deliver, is AliExpress and Banggood my only option as I don’t want to be paying over £50 for a 4s

I use these CNHL 4s myself. They fit into the xmaxx perfectly. Bit pricey when not on offer but if you register/sign up for newsletters or whatever they often have sales 👍🏻

They do have some lower capacity ones for cheaper as well 🙂 

This kinda thing - should also fit nicely.

Edited by Ross9999992
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Skinso1978 said:

What lipos are you guys using? Haven’t been out bashing in a while but a mate has just bought a sledge so looking forward to get out again

i see hobbyking don’t have any batteries in the uk or even have a uk warehouse anymore as they are all sent from hongkong with big delivery charges.

im Northern Ireland and all sellers on eBay won’t deliver, is AliExpress and Banggood my only option as I don’t want to be paying over £50 for a 4s

i use these

image.thumb.png.743bad3a02b293cee138deb2983bbbca.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ross9999992 said:

I use these CNHL 4s myself. They fit into the xmaxx perfectly. Bit pricey when not on offer but if you register/sign up for newsletters or whatever they often have sales 👍🏻

They do have some lower capacity ones for cheaper as well 🙂 

This kinda thing - should also fit nicely.

Seen those, bit pricey at full cost, how much did you get them on offer?

On 26/09/2022 at 05:49, Skinso1978 said:

I use HOOVO 4S Li-Po from Amazon. Dirt cheap, high discharge rate and they work amazingly well. These are what I use . https://www.amazon.com/HOOVO-Battery-9600mAh-Softcase-Compatible/dp/B09WRH3VF7/

They do have batteries with the TRX connector already on them but they max out at 7A.

Edited by SYST3M_OVERIDE
  • Like 1