• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

Great news my guy at logic informs me the kits just arrived ;) but sadly there are a lot less than they ordered  so some orders won't be fulfilled and some will get less than they ordered :( 

Pricing will be confirmed sometime tomorrow as the order takes about a day to process ;) 

Fingers crossed I didn't leave it too late and I get both my kits. 

The guys sent me this pic to wet your appetites ;) 

D73FDE6C-0053-4B03-8F19-A4AD713C4096_zps

Hopefully my next pics will be 2 shinny new kits on my table ;) 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Guns said:

Ordered a 14 and ill be careful lol

I only tried 8s once and I was geared stoopid high at 19/46 at the time. Just take it easy is all I'd say. Posted the vid b4 but with all this 8s talk here it is again for any of u that didn't c it months back...;)

as dod says gear down and monitor motor temps. I only ran for a few mins as I had no temp gun on me at the time. 

Id imagine the motor won't like it much but I'd really hope u find different!... for the sake of all us v1 owners!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guns said:

Awesome. You obviously have an inkling to what you have been charged ;) is it much different to Wheelspins price? At least give us that much! Haha

Nothing yet I'm still waiting on price fella there's no deals on these sorry I got to pay the same as everyone else this time round :( 

Tbh im now considering buying the whole thing (if I can) and wacking the Max 6 in the Buggy. Christmas hasnt been at work this year so doubt ill be getting a decent bonus like last year so we will see but id like to think ill just buy the full kit when/if theyre more accessable. 

Edited by Guns

Yep I thought about cutting my losses and just buying a new one but then thought either way I'm in the hole 

The motor I can pick up later but honestly if or when I replace it I'd get something different than what Traxxas offer and I'd stick to 6s and aim for a more reliable drivetrain rather than a 8s speed machine ;) 

Im not really happy with having to buy these kits but then again I like the truck so what to do ? I want the parts and if I can get them cheaper by getting the kit it has to be a win ? 

Time i hopefully sell on the old bits etc I won't be too bad fingers crossed 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Some are saying this is the new X Maxx I reckon it's a 2 door muscle car maybe a X muscle !  

New cars don't come  along very often my money is on the new Xmaxx... And for me even if it does come in at £850 I won't be getting one as I've been side tracked by the world of drones! Currently dreaming about a phantom 4 pro but they are very obnoxious with there pricing they make traxxas look cheap :o

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sean-vrs said:

New cars don't come  along very often my money is on the new Xmaxx... And for me even if it does come in at £850 I won't be getting one as I've been side tracked by the world of drones! Currently dreaming about a phantom 4 pro but they are very obnoxious with there pricing they make traxxas look cheap :o

I tried the whole drone thing to be honest with all the new laws and you can and can't do's for where I live it's not worth the investment or the hassle, there's far to many idiots flying them now with no glue to what there doing which will soon enough make it impossible for folks to use them .. 

Have a good look into the laws of use and your local councils bylaws etc before buying one 

Brilliant idea and a lot of fun just ruined by fools 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

I tried the whole drone thing to be honest with all the new laws and you can and can't do's for where I live it's not worth the investment or the hassle, there's far to many idiots flying them now with no glue to what there doing which will soon enough make it impossible for folks to use them .. 

Have a good look into the laws of use and your local councils bylaws etc before buying one 

Brilliant idea and a lot of fun just ruined by fools 

I got the phantom 3 standard at xmas, im loving it at the moment,

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Guns said:

Actually no. A 8S XO-1 with the new ESC makes the most sense...

Yeah, cos the world needs a faster XO-1 :doh:

14 minutes ago, chewbacca said:

Yeah, cos the world needs a faster XO-1 :doh:

At least Traxxas are bringing out new vehicles and updating others.

Better than HPI's efforts with the all singing..........all dancing.........tiny Q32's!!!!!  :lame::please: :boo:

Sorry for the blasphemy. 

59 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

At least Traxxas are bringing out new vehicles and updating others.

Better than HPI's efforts with the all singing..........all dancing.........tiny Q32's!!!!!  :lame::please: :boo:

Sorry for the blasphemy. 

Their back..

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGMKA&P=7

Hello Tim

I apologise for the delay in replaying to you.

The first batch of Savage XL Flux kits are shipping from the factory this week. So they should arrive by the end of January/early February.

As for parts supply, we have had problems with 2 of our main factories in 2016 which is why stock is currently in short supply. Please rest assured we have been, and are continuing, to work our hardest to resolve these issues and return stock to shelves as quickly as we can. 

Kind regards,
HPI Racing