• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

That was more my point.

As they are, mine are on perhaps 3 threads - of 7 or 8 - and relying on a tight fit and the serrated base.

I doubt that mine will be bashed hard enough for this to be a problem, but some will - 'proper' axle fitment will help substantially.

Al.

16 hours ago, Guns said:

It wouldve sold for more on ebay im sure. Youll never sell an X on here, too many members who haver never even seen one in the flesh slagging them off have spoilt that.

I'd happily buy a well sorted used one. I've made that point a number of times. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FatWheels said:

when you look at what erevos fetch used it's a sensible price mine is £625 ;-) 

Price war !! Mine for £600  and no it's not BOGOF  :D :P

Edited by mydoddy69

12 minutes ago, Guns said:

77AAEE22-4710-4349-A887-8E0CCED6F0EF_zps

Bye bye diffs lol...

I beat the crap out of mine on 8s (45c) zippys,  just killed the plastic spur gear. Only other damage was ripped a screw out of front bumper, and wore holes through rear of body.  (My body is reinforced with drywall tape N shoo goo).  I have to say the RPM wheelie bar is dam near non-existent.  One wheel doesn't even have any wear on it.

Edited by Timritchieblue

CEN looked very 'slip - slidey' almost as if it was 2WD, but kept its nose down better.

8S X-Maxx's speed was serious!!

Thanks for sharing.

I'd thought the CEN was bigger, but seems obviously smaller than the X.

Al.

Edited by atom3624

5 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

CEN looked very 'slip - slidey' almost as if it was 2WD, but kept its nose down better.

8S X-Maxx's speed was serious!!

Thanks for sharing.

I'd thought the CEN was bigger, but seems obviously smaller than the X.

Al.

Probably going to do more tuning with the CEN.   I'm running 50/500/20k fluids,  think I need to drop the rear to 10k.  Took a lot of work to get the Yeti XL shocks to work on a 1/7 monster truck,,but it's getting their.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Nice keep us in the loop on performance of these please 

I appreciate theyre not the full fat high discharge ones, but im sure to see a huge increase in performance going from 6s of Floureon to 8s of Rhino. Will hopefully pick the 6200 40c ones next.

Probably be Monday at the earliest i get to try it. Hopefully we will hear a bit more about Power Up parts

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guns said:

I appreciate theyre not the full fat high discharge ones, but im sure to see a huge increase in performance going from 6s of Floureon to 8s of Rhino. Will hopefully pick the 6200 40c ones next.

Probably be Monday at the earliest i get to try it. Hopefully we will hear a bit more about Power Up parts

I bet if you use the stock gearing with the 1600kv and 8s with the zippys you'll see a run time increase and they won't be bothered. Motor heat would be my concern.

Get a good supply of diffs on order :lol:

Don't forget the camera ;) 

• Like 1

I was going to recommend the 4S 90C continuous Graphene packs I bought from HK - until I saw their price!!

I got mine for little more than £40 each - on sale - they're over £90 each!!

Looks like I got a bargain, for once!!

Al.

9 hours ago, dazp1976 said:

I bet if you use the stock gearing with the 1600kv and 8s with the zippys you'll see a run time increase and they won't be bothered. Motor heat would be my concern.

Get a good supply of diffs on order :lol:

Don't forget the camera ;) 

That reminds me! Im guessing I need to gear back down haha

3 hours ago, atom3624 said:

I was going to recommend the 4S 90C continuous Graphene packs I bought from HK - until I saw their price!!

I got mine for little more than £40 each - on sale - they're over £90 each!!

Looks like I got a bargain, for once!!

Al.

I was going to get them but didnt have the funds at the time :(