• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

1 hour ago, sean-vrs said:

The power up kit is a silly daft price, but being realistic, you are getting a centre diff and some thicker shafts, I don't think even traxxas can justify another 3-400 on top of the old model, but time will tell!

Maybe your right just did a few sums and perhaps I've jumped the gun ? 

The old state side is 799 bucks which is £650 we pay £789 that's a whooping £139  or 21% mark up now lets go $899 or £732 for the new AS that's what it is on tower add that 21% and we got £885 but this is Traxxas and we are in the UK so that reasoning will go right out the window when it comes to pricying here no doubt but hey time will tell ;) 

re the kit 

Now I had a little free time this afternoon and thought I'd price this kit using like for like parts the Cush drive I used the slipper parts the centre diff I just used the plastic gear UK they come in at £522.22 including the esc ! Now in the kit you get a centre diff and a wheelie bar so lets add say £30 for the wheelie bar ? and £60 for the centre diff all speculation mind that means it would cost around £612 for the bits seperate but we all know these new bits will be slightly more than the old so now I'm thinking perhaps I've been a tad hasty and the kit isn't so bad after all ? 

Buy the kit send in your old esc sell the new for £100 if you lucky? You get the bits for £300 which going off the bit above as the current esc is £199.95 would possibly still save you £100 

So why do I still feel like I'm being robbed ? 

• Like 1

I know things are different in the world of traxxas, but I'm gambling on the new model being no more than £850 I was about to pull the trigger last week when I was in Wheelspin on the outcast or yeti xl, then talking to the sales lads in there and the 8s maxx was mentioned so I walked away, if the Xmaxx is more than £850 I could go for the outcast and yeti xl :lol:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sean-vrs said:

I know things are different in the world of traxxas, but I'm gambling on the new model being no more than £850 I was about to pull the trigger last week when I was in Wheelspin on the outcast or yeti xl, then talking to the sales lads in there and the 8s maxx was mentioned so I walked away, if the Xmaxx is more than £850 I could go for the outcast and yeti xl :lol:

Way things are going I might have to release my grasp on my outcast so don't go rushing in just yet ;) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Maybe your right just did a few sums and perhaps I've jumped the gun ? 

The old state side is 799 bucks which is £650 we pay £789 that's a whooping £139  or 21% mark up now lets go $899 or £732 for the new AS that's what it is on tower add that 21% and we got £885 but this is Traxxas and we are in the UK so that reasoning will go right out the window when it comes to pricying here no doubt but hey time will tell ;) 

re the kit 

Now I had a little free time this afternoon and thought I'd price this kit using like for like parts the Cush drive I used the slipper parts the centre diff I just used the plastic gear UK they come in at £522.22 including the esc ! Now in the kit you get a centre diff and a wheelie bar so lets add say £30 for the wheelie bar ? and £60 for the centre diff all speculation mind that means it would cost around £612 for the bits seperate but we all know these new bits will be slightly more than the old so now I'm thinking perhaps I've been a tad hasty and the kit isn't so bad after all ? 

Buy the kit send in your old esc sell the new for £100 if you lucky? You get the bits for £300 which going off the bit above as the current esc is £199.95 would possibly still save you £100 

So why do I still feel like I'm being robbed ? 

I think come April/May the parts will be avaliable on Tower, with a coupon here and there and without the esc we will be able to get close to the US $299 price. Ill get the cvds's when/if i break one. I dont want a centre diff becauae Ive bought a Monster Truck not a racing buggy. That leaves  the stronger diff gears, the cush drive/spur, wheely bar and fan. Shouldnt hurt too much. Dont know weher to order the 4s packs yet tho or wait...

26 minutes ago, Guns said:

I think come April/May the parts will be avaliable on Tower, with a coupon here and there and without the esc we will be able to get close to the US $299 price. Ill get the cvds's when/if i break one. I dont want a centre diff becauae Ive bought a Monster Truck not a racing buggy. That leaves  the stronger diff gears, the cush drive/spur, wheely bar and fan. Shouldnt hurt too much. Dont know weher to order the 4s packs yet tho or wait...

I hear ya but I think the saving grace for the driveline is in the centre diff and Cush drive as a whole not the Cush drive on its own 

Agreed come Spring time with a few cheeky coupons you might get the price down but with the rubbish pound import fees and shipping I just can't see you saving much nowadays against the UK price.. still a saving is a saving so even if you save yourself £40 it's a bonus ;) 

personally id hold off on them 4s packs let's see if the driveline can actually take it first or is it more the case it makes it 6s reliable  ? 

Im still toying with the idea of baiting the bullet and getting the kit to save in the long run or just sell up to be honest 

Well most of us already have the Max5/6 set up.  I'm in it for the long haul, it's a fun truck.  With the Kershaw diff, blue bird servo, UE shock shafts, I should have a good 6s off-road truck.  8s for speed runs. 

Im not interested in 50+mph off road,  I have my tires doubled up with 50wt. fishing line, the cush drive, or center diff might be the only parts I need.  I wouldn't reliy on Traxxas to deliver on stronger cvds, hubs.

2 hours ago, Timritchieblue said:

Well most of us already have the Max5/6 set up.  I'm in it for the long haul, it's a fun truck.  With the Kershaw diff, blue bird servo, UE shock shafts, I should have a good 6s off-road truck.  8s for speed runs. 

Im not interested in 50+mph off road,  I have my tires doubled up with 50wt. fishing line, the cush drive, or center diff might be the only parts I need.  I wouldn't reliy on Traxxas to deliver on stronger cvds, hubs.

Me too.... I have the max 5. Already more than happy with the performance I get geared up on 6s. Wheelie bar and a more reliable drive train is all I'm after. 

I want the cd and Cush drive. Drive shafts and hubs are not currently an issue for me. 

Cd wise.... it can be tuned with fluid right? So it will make it no less of an mt for me. Just protect the drive train more reliably than a slipper setup ( I prefer a cd personally for that purpose)

3 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

I hear ya but I think the saving grace for the driveline is in the centre diff and Cush drive as a whole not the Cush drive on its own 

Agreed come Spring time with a few cheeky coupons you might get the price down but with the rubbish pound import fees and shipping I just can't see you saving much nowadays against the UK price.. still a saving is a saving so even if you save yourself £40 it's a bonus ;) 

personally id hold off on them 4s packs let's see if the driveline can actually take it first or is it more the case it makes it 6s reliable  ? 

Im still toying with the idea of baiting the bullet and getting the kit to save in the long run or just sell up to be honest 

Does the Cush drive replace the slipper? You don't need the CD to run the Cush drive do you?

43 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

All playing into Traxxas's hands with this "upgrade" kit:

55c87c0f5441b924a65413cc043f61b06f41a415

Already proved they can't machine metal or build a stable esc.

You're mad I tells ya, maaaaddddd.

I'd agree, but then I saw your vast array of HPI/HB models that you still run despite the future of the company been bleak at best which will render replacement parts practically impossible and resale value worthless? Were both clearly mad....

Edited by Guns

1 minute ago, Guns said:

Does the Cush drive replace the slipper? You don't need the CD to run the Cush drive do you?

Yes the Cush replaces the slipper personally I think without the cd the Cush will be to harsh on its own as you have elimatenated any slip and your just using a hard compound rubber instead .. 

2 hours ago, Guns said:

I'd agree, but then I saw your vast array of HPI/HB models that you still run despite the future of the company been bleak at best which will render replacement parts practically impossible and resale value worthless? Were both clearly mad....

True. I figured it's not worth selling them off. Made the mistake of running 6s bricks which limits future options. + I'm broke.

I have a garage full of spares that I got for next to nowt instead :lol: 

Once the lipo's and spares are done that's prob it for me :( 

1 hour ago, Guns said:

I had a few Savages but sold them off around 6 months ago due to the uncertainty. I loved the RB Buggy I had, but the same happened with that :(

you think the savage parts will be hard to get soon?

1 hour ago, sean-vrs said:

Im thinking if a centre diff works on the real thing then it's ok for our toys!

http://www.fourwheeler.com/features/129-1302-anatomy-of-a-monster-truck/

They work not denying that. They just make it boring and tame the wheelies which defeats the object of a monster truck.... might as well have bought a Truggy if that was the case lol