• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

10 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

I wouldn't call our members keyboard warriors just out for fame lol .. Owner or not it's fairly easy to make an educated opinion on a product  with the amount of info out there surrounding the Maxx. 

Id say it's pretty clear you hate folk saying something bad about the Maxx, you say you would never slate anything but your more than willing to slate members for having an opinion .. 

Im glad your happy with your purchase and I'm even more glad you haven't exsperenced any of the common issues so far but perhaps when you start if you start to use it regular you will, real time exsperence comes from actually using it not polishing it by the way :P

Obviously I must be different to others on here. I only comment on things I have or going to buy. (axial grave digger coming at Christmas) haven't the time or energy to go on every single thread in this forum and start dishing out my opinions good or bad.  Most of the time its just negatively and people just slating the products off. Hence i said keyboard warriors.  (Sorry for any offence).

Even that axial grave digger thread has started to go the same way.  If you don't like it why bother bitch and moan about it. Move on to something you like. ( if there is something you like out there) lol. 

And fyi  it does get used may be not as hard as you and others drive them. ( I don't drive of cliffs and go to skate parks) lol.  But it gets used.  Then polished and put away.  

Edited by Ady 2215
  • Like 1

On 23 September 2016 at 19:35, mydoddy69 said:

Caved in and bought a set of stock ring and pinions, which arrived this morning so thought instead of just fitting I'll try something different .. Out came the blowtorch  and I heated them up, dung in oil then popped them in the oven (while the wife's at work) for about 40 minutes left to cool and fitted .. 

Went  out ran a couple of 6s packs on 18/46 and all is well so far.. Guess time will tell but atleast it's back running after about a month of being down lol .. Anything has to be worth a shot ? 

my ring arrived on Saturday from eBay one week after ordering from the Uk talk about slow,

Anyhow good to know all is well so far, I remember at school we used to heat things up and drop them in oil to harden them although we didn't do the oven bit, apparently if you repeat the process it's gets harder still (don't know if this is true)

I wonder if this has made any difference or just coincidence, you ought to start selling them as doddys secret recipe hardened diffs ?

Going out out later if rain stops,looking forward to your KD vs Spirals review if this gets sorted it will make a major difference to owning and running this truck.

1 hour ago, Ady 2215 said:

Obviously I must be different to others on here. I only comment on things I have or going to buy. (axial grave digger coming at Christmas) haven't the time or energy to go on every single thread in this forum and start dishing out my opinions good or bad.  Most of the time its just negatively and people just slating the products off. Hence i said keyboard warriors.  (Sorry for any offence).

Even that axial grave digger thread has started to go the same way.  If you don't like it why bother bitch and moan about it. Move on to something you like. ( if there is something you like out there) lol. 

And fyi  it does get used may be not as hard as you and others drive them. ( I don't drive of cliffs and go to skate parks) lol.  But it gets used.  Then polished and put away.  

Why do you bother with this forum if you don't like anyone else's opinion on an rc unless it matches yours?

• Like 3

You got to love this thread ;) 

Anyway onward and upward went out this morning to give these ring and pinions a good thrashing good news they held up perfect bad news the rest of the truck didn't ..

I ripped the front bumper out God knows how many times and gave in in the end and cable tied the sucker but even that didn't last long 

58704F63-3C7B-44F2-98AF-55FFE14BDA2F_zps

Going ordered a new front skid but I think I'll order some longer countersunk blots drill it out countersink it and go from underneath with a bolt and a nut on top as the plastic is quite soft and I can see it just ripping out again..

Rear shock didn't snap this time out but it's bent like a banana 

57930442-E992-4496-AE38-DA8E57D7DEC9_zps

ill try and straighten it out but I doubt I'll get far with it but atleast it didn't snap ;) 

lasty the the outdrive cup snapped which is rather interesting as normally the ring and pinion blows so maybe this heat trick has done some good ? 

DB6E2DF5-2792-4D50-9736-456CE3C16745_zps

oh well was a fun morning 

• Like 2

just seen RPM are coming out with a new rear bumper mount and wheelie bar that attaches to it. looks much smaller and neater than that huge t-bone thing.

edit.... DODDY you must be the worst driver ever!!!!!!:D

please get your next run on video for us all to laugh at!

what r u doing to the thing to cause that kind of damage???? don't tell me... just driving it around with a few slow 2 ft jumps?:censored:

Edited by Ocdcbr
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

just seen RPM are coming out with a new rear bumper mount and wheelie bar that attaches to it. looks much smaller and neater than that huge t-bone thing.

That sounds interesting got any links or pics to share ? 

4 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

You got to love this thread ;) 

Anyway onward and upward went out this morning to give these ring and pinions a good thrashing good news they held up perfect bad news the rest of the truck didn't ..

I ripped the front bumper out God knows how many times and gave in in the end and cable tied the sucker but even that didn't last long 

58704F63-3C7B-44F2-98AF-55FFE14BDA2F_zps

Going ordered a new front skid but I think I'll order some longer countersunk blots drill it out countersink it and go from underneath with a bolt and a nut on top as the plastic is quite soft and I can see it just ripping out again..

Rear shock didn't snap this time out but it's bent like a banana 

57930442-E992-4496-AE38-DA8E57D7DEC9_zps

ill try and straighten it out but I doubt I'll get far with it but atleast it didn't snap ;) 

lasty the the outdrive cup snapped which is rather interesting as normally the ring and pinion blows so maybe this heat trick has done some good ? 

DB6E2DF5-2792-4D50-9736-456CE3C16745_zps

oh well was a fun morning 

Upsetting to see this sort of abuse.  Lol. 

19 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Well stop stirring the pot if you don't like folks reactions !. 

What and you don't stir the pot. Your the chef stirrer. With a big spoon. 

I don't mind folks reactions. Just as long as it's positive.  Lol. But you have to admit you abuse your truck.  Yes and it's your right to as you bought it. Hence yours is always broken and mine isn't.  

Just now, Ady 2215 said:

What and you don't stir the pot. Your the chef stirrer. With a big spoon. 

I don't mind folks reactions. Just as long as it's positive.  Lol. But you have to admit you abuse your truck.  Yes and it's your right to as you bought it. Hence yours is always broken and mine isn't.  

Lol if I stir the pot I then don't follow it with comments about here we go again, if going to to mix it up the you can't pick what reactions you get silly .. 

I dont abuse it I use it and that's why mine gets broken and yours don't ;) 

21 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Lol if I stir the pot I then don't follow it with comments about here we go again, if going to to mix it up the you can't pick what reactions you get silly .. 

I dont abuse it I use it and that's why mine gets broken and yours don't ;) 

Silly??? 

Was been sarcastic again.  Thought you would of worked that one out. 

I can take criticism + or - 

Just get bored of some old. 

Only because I haven't broken it does not mean I don't use it. As that's what's your comment is referring to. You cannot comment on something your don't know all the facts. 

Edited by Ady 2215