• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

6 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

I have mine on the max 6 set to default but I use a lipo alarm which I set to 3.5v and plug it  into one of the balance leads as a safe gaurd .. I do thus on all my rcs to be honest and there only a few quid so well worth the investment ;) 

i have 2 of the hobbyking alarms but never used them,i have always trusted the esc but will use next time for sure ,thanks anyway

1 hour ago, Ripoffbritain said:

Has anyone had trouble with the max5 killing batterys,mine has dropped cells out in 3 different makes now.

low voltage cuttoff is set to default intermediate

floureon

nano tech

dynamite reaction

Hobbywigs have never worked out for me. As Doddy below I have to have my esc's at 3.5v to cut correctly. Any lower and it doesn't kick, my battery discharge rate could've done with being less me thinks.

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

I have mine on the max 6 set to default but I use a lipo alarm which I set to 3.5v and plug it  into one of the balance leads as a safe gaurd .. I do thus on all my rcs to be honest and there only a few quid so well worth the investment ;) 

1 hour ago, turok007 said:

there is a major flaw with the cutoff point on a ESC  it only tells you total V  that means one cell could be below 3v  and the ESC cannot tell.

I myself prefer it that way tbh. Works well for me, I have it set at 21.2v for 6s and cells are bang on 3.7v when they come off every-time. I've only encountered a dramatic difference if I've taken the cells below 3.4v resting voltage.

If an esc had a 3.5v individual cutoff option that would be fine too but the Hobbywings only have 3.6 & 3.4 no in-between so it's either too early or way too late. I will try out an alarm at some point to see how reliable they are.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Still on original diffs.

Stock ESC - still not on fire. but has thermal during the summer hot days.

Body shell smashed to bits - I am being cheap and not buying a new 1 - currently its more duct tape than plastic.

Need to strip it down and replace wheel bearings on rear. - may buy the RPM hubs to let me use bigger bearings.

Mine still on the shelf look very very pretty.  

Looking forward to Christmas to when i get my axial grave digger.  

Just seen an advert for the new traxxas bigfoot.  Just the blue stampede with a bigfoot shell.  Still might have to, to add to my collection.  

39 minutes ago, rushboy2004 said:

Still on original diffs.

Stock ESC - still not on fire. but has thermal during the summer hot days.

Body shell smashed to bits - I am being cheap and not buying a new 1 - currently its more duct tape than plastic.

Need to strip it down and replace wheel bearings on rear. - may buy the RPM hubs to let me use bigger bearings.

It's a bigger BEARING as its only the inner bearing that's changed size these new hubs still use the stock outer bearing 

Twice as fast as the Axial.

Axial looks more realistic, but I'm the same as others, the (lack of) speed would have me looking to modify.

That old Stampede chassis is a brilliant basic MT starter.

My lad still enjoys his Stampede Digger - even if bodyshells have collectors prices on them.

Al.

Just received my set of these:

20160915%20-%20X-Maxx%20-%20adaptors_zps

I have a dragster!!!

St.%20Helens-20160915-00765_zpst7w7d2oo.

Nuts are tight, but HALF on - should be OK but would have liked more thread on.

Insert / adaptor is a very tight fit inside the wheels - a good thing and will help.

Al.

18 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Just received my set of these:

20160915%20-%20X-Maxx%20-%20adaptors_zps

I have a dragster!!!

St.%20Helens-20160915-00765_zpst7w7d2oo.

Nuts are tight, but HALF on - should be OK but would have liked more thread on.

Insert / adaptor is a very tight fit inside the wheels - a good thing and will help.

Al.

so the thread design is a little off.  or is it just theses wheels make them like that.

Wheels are much thicker than the 'normal' 1/5 Losi wheels.

X-Maxx axle only comes flush with the surface so I had to find an 'adaptor' that had thread going inside the wheel, which these do.

St.%20Helens-20160822-00739_zpsozq5zfry.

The Mad Max ones do not - no good for this.

Al.

Edited by atom3624

I took out my rear diff to check these innovative rc Ali cups fit. 

My 2 run old rear ring gear has 1 tooth slightly chipped already that's the run out at jubilee park golf course and the last beach bash. Not impressed. 

Im currently completely taking the truck to bits. To get rid of the sand. 

Ive bashed several rc's on the beach but only my traxxas slash 4x4 acted more like a bucket than the X. Due to the plastic chassis having so many crevices for sand to sit it's full of the stuff. 

I feel a review vid coming soon. Although I really like the drive the ring and pin issue is becoming a bore fast now.  I know I'm geared up significantly but still.

Al your truck is going to look crazy with those wheels on! Look forward to seeing it for sure! Not sure how your ring n pinions will like those though. It's going to look very very cool all the same. :mf_laughbounce: 

Edited by Ocdcbr
  • Like 1

It'll be a 'tame basher' / shelfer.

It WILL get used, partially abused, get mud and grit on it, but remain similar to the Raminator and Maxx - but more show than plain function.

When I look at the wheels on my MERV and the tiny spindly axles still going strong, it SHOULD be fine .......

I'm still on a go slow regarding purchases as I've had a few routine heavy hits - car service, insurance, MOT - all 100% of course, its a Honda - another story! - so I'm using this to my advantage to give Proline that one final chance.

If / as / when I get another pair of wheels for the front, they'll require 'surgery' for the knuckles - the inner reinforcing splines DO catch - but a (LOT tbh) little patience and my mate Dremel will sort it out.

Al.

32 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

I took out my rear diff to check these innovative rc Ali cups fit. 

My 2 run old rear ring gear has 1 tooth slightly chipped already that's the run out at jubilee park golf course and the last beach bash. Not impressed. 

Im currently completely taking the truck to bits. To get rid of the sand. 

Ive bashed several rc's on the beach but only my traxxas slash 4x4 acted more like a bucket than the X. Due to the plastic chassis having so many crevices for sand to sit it's full of the stuff. 

I feel a review vid coming soon. Although I really like the drive the ring and pin issue is becoming a bore fast now.  I know I'm geared up significantly but still.

Al your truck is going to look crazy with those wheels on! Look forward to seeing it for sure! Not sure how your ring n pinions will like those though. It's going to look very very cool all the same. :mf_laughbounce: 

The terrible drivetrain strikes agian ! I've shelved mine for now until these Kershaw diffs show up, I'm now over a £100 in the hole on diffs and that dosent include the Kershaw ones either just broken diffs :( 

What gets me about them breaking is there's no reaccurring reason why, I mean you can be just pooping a wheelie or drifting around on flat gravel or even just be blasting up and down the road.. I don't think I've broken one the same way as the others .. 

21 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

The terrible drivetrain strikes agian ! I've shelved mine for now until these Kershaw diffs show up, I'm now over a £100 in the hole on diffs and that dosent include the Kershaw ones either just broken diffs :( 

What gets me about them breaking is there's no reaccurring reason why, I mean you can be just pooping a wheelie or drifting around on flat gravel or even just be blasting up and down the road.. I don't think I've broken one the same way as the others .. 

Ouch.

4 minutes ago, Ripoffbritain said:

Another day another dollar

or in my case £19 for another shiny metal rear ring and pinion gear

loosened slipper since the last time out and running on loose dirt only

love the truck still but need a fix for this or a remortgage

Amain no stock till mid september

Welcome to the club ! Not that it's a nice club mind you :(