• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Fid dragon hammer vs kraken vekta

sean-vrs

8 hours ago, RCbutcher said:

Surfing but yes wrist strap and a disposable camera lol. It's crazy he used $3 innards in the gopro. His first business crashed with the .com bubble so went surfing to cool off. Thought up the gopro. 

Either way, it's a great story, "from the smallest acorns grow the mightiest oaks"!

To all; 

I didn't get an answer a few pages back, why the negativity towards the FID? Do they have a bad rep? 

• Like 1

What negativity? No one has said a bad thing about the DH or FID on this thread

Tbh there has been more negativity aimed at the Kraken, but with a big asking price that's to be expected really 

Edited by .AJ.
  • Like 1

On the rear axle.  Live axles have a place (in history mainly ;)) and that looks very correct aesthetically on the Vekta, but I'm unconvinced it will handle better than independent rear suspension, as in Losi 5ive.  It's not stopped me though! :) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Within a week some nutter will have a 70 in it lol, I think the big issue will be exhaust options to start with, you will be fine getting one for a 32cc and smaller tho 

I commented on Youtube and Kraken replied, looks like the first pipe is the DDM Dom followed by more no doubt... You already knew that though didn't you lol......

15 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Yep known about the Dominator pipe for a while lol

image.jpeg.77e4b94059e1568504921a9d8eab2

Nice.. I wonder if it's going to be tuned the same as any other Dom, low down power ? - When I had the 5ive and the Pro-MX I initially had the Dom on there, was decent but when I put the BZM Micro on there it opened it up so much more..

the pipe looks like a prototype to get it in the right place and to prove it fits. the fact it has no rubber on it yet means nothing imo

however i think your right about the cage gap. looks big enough for something to get in and start breaking stuff

Edited by cookie666uk

As for stones getting stuck in the cage, surely that's a issue with every RC without a full enclosed shell...  I had a stone jam up the spur gear on the deebee, the 5ive could suffer the same, ive had them lock up the steering on small scale electric stuff as well....

Edited by .AJ.