• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Savage XL nitro to Alza Flux info

Bigjimknickers

24 minutes ago, Guns said:

But thats a Truggy not a Monster Truck!!!! lol. I give up! :(

Truggy monster truck who cares as long as it's fun ! 

9 minutes ago, Bigjimknickers said:

Lol, sense means sharing parts..ie ST-1 & MT4!

Forgot about the st1 you have so yes it makes sense getting a mt4 as most parts are interchangeable ;) 

59 minutes ago, Marv187 said:

I know this is nout 2 do wid this topic but bigjimknickers what bike shop in farnham did u gt ure a747 oil from

The bike shop on the road towards Bordham, cant recall what it's called, mainly moto X & enduro bikes in there.

1 hour ago, Guns said:

There is nothing monster truck about it. Its a buggy with bigger wheels....

Lol it's not a buggy fella it's too long and too wide ! 

Monster truggy monster truck it's an age old argument to be honest. All I do know is it's fun tough and a good value for money, what more do you want really ;) 

1 hour ago, Bigjimknickers said:

Lol, sense means sharing parts..ie ST-1 & MT4!

this is what I do...try n keep rc what share the same parts....hyper7-hyper st.....savage 3.5cc-savvy flux.....mt4g3-st4g3-eb4g3......makes life a lot easyer if u can do this....and cheaper...:good:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Lol it's not a buggy fella it's too long and too wide ! 

Monster truggy monster truck it's an age old argument to be honest. All I do know is it's fun tough and a good value for money, what more do you want really ;) 

It's much closer to a buggy than a monster truck.....

And if you already have the similar ST-1, Why do you want an MT-4? So confused as to why you would have such similar RCs?

1 hour ago, Guns said:

And if you already have the similar ST-1, Why do you want an MT-4? So confused as to why you would have such similar RCs?

That's a simple one..

my st-1 is a nitro truggy

Mt4 is an electric monster truck!!

:D

2 hours ago, Guns said:

Nah it's no where near a buggy it's closer to a truggy if anything 

I don't have a st1 I used too .. 

Some folks actually have a truggy and a monster truck with a centre diff and some folks have a stack of cars all simaliar I don't see why it's confusing as we all like different things .. If you like a monster truck to have a slipper that's cool it's just others might like both and running similar trucks means you can pinch a part here and there to get one going or have spares to hand that will fit both .. Either way it's a win in my book ..

Edited by mydoddy69

On 25 April 2016 at 10:12, neil.b said:

I recently converted my 14 year old savage 25 roller to brushless using the Alza TVP's/CD conversion. The stuff is not the cheapest but the satisfaction of making something of my trusty old savage that would have probably otherwise ended up in the bin makes it totally worth it in my opinion. :)

20160214_230553.jpg

Nice savage Neil, can I ask what else you have to complete the Alza setup? Ie, what battery trays, how the esc sits & what the extra pieces are in the chassis?

1 hour ago, Bigjimknickers said:

Nice savage Neil, can I ask what else you have to complete the Alza setup? Ie, what battery trays, how the esc sits & what the extra pieces are in the chassis?

Thanks dude, The upper plate at the rear is a custom made one that came with the tvp's that I bought used. The extra Alza parts in the chassis are:

Servo plate http://shop.alza-racing.com/en/standard-flux/4-servo-plate-standard.html ,

Skid plate http://shop.alza-racing.com/en/xl-flux/17-skidplate-xl.html ,

A few of these http://shop.alza-racing.com/en/savage-nitro/23-chassis-brace.html ,

The Shocks in the picture are rear shocks from a DEX8 but that picture was taken a few months ago and things have changed since. :D

The shock towers are from Innovative-RC, the battery trays are from a Team Durango DEX8 as is the receiver box. The center diff is made up from Team Durango DEX8 internals and casing with steel cross shafts and using a 50t steel spur gear from an Arrma typhon. 

20160212_224027.jpg

20160212_224636.jpg

20160212_213935.jpg

The quality of the Alza parts it outstanding as is the Innovative-RC stuff. I could have bought a new truck but this is a lot more special due to the time and effort it has taken to build it and make it all work. :) 

• Like 1