• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Savage XL nitro to Alza Flux info

Bigjimknickers

I'm currently interested in an BL conversion on my savage XL, it seems that just one nitro suits me fine, two causes me to come out in hives..

so, I'm pricing it all up for a slow conversion really, my spec is going to be:

Alza 5mm tvps

Alza centre diff conversion

hpi centre diff vorza/trophy/ truggy/buggy, not sure 100% what size yet.

hobbywing 2000kv combo 150A WP

not too sure about battery trays yet, seems DHz are out & there not cheap on the bay,

any ideas on what else is needed? I'm sure the motor plate is needed for strength isn't it?

any advice welcome!

Edited by Bigjimknickers

I run a losi8 tray on my xl alza .....I use the chassis braces to mount the tray to...so I can use our 4-6s lipos rather than 2x 2-3`s ect.......been bashed like this for a while now with no issues apart from going through a few Velcro straps.....no biggy...:thumbsup:....jus need to drill 2 extra holes so u can mount a 2nd brace on top the alza chassis....its all in my build thread

Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, evssv said:

I run a losi8 tray on my xl alza .....I use the chassis braces to mount the tray to...so I can use our 4-6s lipos rather than 2x 2-3`s ect.......been bashed like this for a while now with no issues apart from going through a few Velcro straps.....no biggy...:thumbsup:....jus need to drill 2 extra holes so u can mount a 2nd brace on top the alza chassis....its all in my build thread

That's a great idea, so you use the tray & then the esc sits on the rear part too?

i have one in my box to so that's extra awesome.

go through my alza xl thread ..it should  on there how I did it...I know I had to chop off the esc tray bit....but it works sweet with the xl alza chassis as the rear of it is level..unlike the irc chassis.....yes esc sits in the rear under the tray..theres jus enuff of a gap to allow air to circulate.....but u need to use the alza motor plate aswell.....and if u use a smaller esc..not the big ass ezrun pro...u will have a bit more space...not much mind....

Edited by evssv

• 3 months later...

Considering if my two cars sell I can just go & buy a MT4 G3 & be done with it it seems an expensive alternative, it's just so hard looking at a roller & thinking, I know I can build it an the XL is pretty impressive in stature too. It's a simple case of finances though & this type of project can never be done on a tight budget.

Nothing beasty can be done cheap but the beauty is it can be done peice by peice over as long as is needed. 

But can't take too long and tempt no stock discontinued items lol. 

I recently converted my 14 year old savage 25 roller to brushless using the Alza TVP's/CD conversion. The stuff is not the cheapest but the satisfaction of making something of my trusty old savage that would have probably otherwise ended up in the bin makes it totally worth it in my opinion. :)

20160214_230553.jpg

• Like 2

• oohh....that's close one..:yes:...but I`d have to say mt4g3 as its a sweet truck...:yes:and u can get em for a sweet price from Germany...:yes:..but the savvy flux is a sweet truck aswell...jus abit....no alot more moneys....esp a alza  bits ones....I could buy a tidy Baja for the build cost of my alza xl flux......
Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

only been out oncxe since I built it...its looks like a st1 as it runs the irc tray less chassis...and obv the truggy shell n wheels....side by side  with my orginal mt4

20150828_134835_zpsgdqahqhg.jpg#

every thing bar the chassis/lipo tray/side guards/ rx box is mt4g3 stuff.....

Edited by evssv

You got to love a mt4 has to be one of the best basher's out there I'm now on my third with a 4th SWB planned :good:

Now comes the down side part support is terrible !! 

If you want a good cheap monster basher, then take a look at the Hyper MTe mine is a beast and as solid as a rock ;) If anything I'd rate it better than the MT4 :)