• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RB E ONE R

Matt888

I feel sorry for my RB one R :(

It's still in its box, has its security tag on it, only had it since Christmas :-/

7A91554B-18ED-4712-964E-798AF8A70DCB.jpg

CCD7C68C-6B98-444F-A3B6-E8FD0AACD88B.jpg

I need to get started on it!!!

I think I'm going to go 6s with a 1717 with it. Hopefully I won't smash through the diffs :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daveyb84 said:

I feel sorry for my RB one R :(

It's still in its box, has its security tag on it, only had it since Christmas :-/

7A91554B-18ED-4712-964E-798AF8A70DCB.jpg

CCD7C68C-6B98-444F-A3B6-E8FD0AACD88B.jpg

I need to get started on it!!!

I think I'm going to go 6s with a 1717 with it. Hopefully I won't smash through the diffs :D

Seen a few running 6s so far, no news re reliability though.  You might struggle to get the 1717 in though :P

Seen a few running 6s so far, no news re reliability though.  You might struggle to get the 1717 in though [emoji14]

Yeah I was worried about that. When I open it and have a look, I will see what I can do with the mounts etc. I've seen it done with hypers so hoping I can sort something

18 minutes ago, Wrighty8766 said:

Washers underneath the centre diff posts/motor mount and drill the motor mount holes to m4 countersunk and jobs a goodun :thumbsup: 

Don't think the 1717 will physically fit in the space nor under the shell.

There's a much easier solution though Davey:

Pop 1717 in bag

walk ten minutes to my house

hand me the 1717 and i'll hand you a shiny new 40/42 mm motor of your choosing

walk home

fit 

enjoy

:D

Don't think the 1717 will physically fit in the space nor under the shell.

There's a much easier solution though Davey:

Pop 1717 in bag

walk ten minutes to my house

hand me the 1717 and i'll hand you a shiny new 40/42 mm motor of your choosing

walk home

fit 

enjoy

[emoji3]

Hahahahahahahaha

Very true. Wonder what's the biggest I can get under there. Would the 2200 go under? That will give it some go won't it?

7 minutes ago, Daveyb84 said:

Hahahahahahahaha

Very true. Wonder what's the biggest I can get under there. Would the 2200 go under? That will give it some go won't it?

If you don't mind spending silly amounts of money look at Cordova Research motors, small motors with higher kv and higher maximum voltage with gobs of power

http://www.cordovaresearch.com/rc.html

Edited by Wrighty8766

2 minutes ago, Daveyb84 said:

I'm worried with the higher kv stuff in a 1/8 buggy though. Needs to have a decent amount of torque

These motors are hand made by a guy in California, mainly used in the speed run side of the hobby. I believe the 1430/2900 is hitting 142mph in a 1/8 buggy on 6s

Torque not so important in 1/8 buggy - 3660 motors are upto the job in stuff like Hong Nor's X3 so in the RB, with it's silly low ratio diffs, they'd be even better suited.  Rev's are needed in it, the rtr version shipped with 2500kv -  I know people running 2200kv on 6S and still say it doesn't seem as fast as a 7 conversion running 4s.

I've two options for mine, LRP dynamic 8 2400kv iirc or the castle 1512 2650kv.  Only planning on running 4S through it.

19 hours ago, Daveyb84 said:

I'm worried with the higher kv stuff in a 1/8 buggy though. Needs to have a decent amount of torque

19 hours ago, Wrighty8766 said:

These motors are hand made by a guy in California, mainly used in the speed run side of the hobby. I believe the 1430/2900 is hitting 142mph in a 1/8 buggy on 6s

3 minutes ago, jaykelly68 said:

Is anybody still selling these ??

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Try PBM, though they hiked the price 50%, telling me they couldn't get such a good deal on the 2nd batch...  They've none listed on ebay or there own website atm though.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jaykelly68 said:

Is anybody still selling these ??

Yes use AJ 's link at the start of this thread there still only £100 there 

Here you go 

https://www.rccarshop.co.uk/rtr-cars/rb0230003ne-rb-e-one-roller-1-8th-buggy-no-electrics-p

better than using PBM and there rip off prices :P

• Like 1

Here you go 

https://www.rccarshop.co.uk/rtr-cars/rb0230003ne-rb-e-one-roller-1-8th-buggy-no-electrics-p

better than using PBM and there rip off prices [emoji14]

Are these ones the rtr versions tho im looking for the kit if possible

6 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Here you go 

better than using PBM and there rip off prices :P

Alas that's the RTR spec one - though considering the R jumped to £150 at pbm it's a fair buy now.

12 minutes ago, jaykelly68 said:

Are these ones the rtr versions tho im looking for the kit if possible

It's the rtr version minus electrics I think it's still a kit just different spec give them a call to make sure ?

Me personally I wouldn't buy one due to it being discontinued and the company went bust, plus it has a few weak points so spares will be an issue sooner rather than later IMO 

5 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

It's the rtr version minus electrics I think it's still a kit just different spec give them a call to make sure ?

Me personally I wouldn't buy one due to it being discontinued and the company went bust, plus it has a few weak points so spares will be an issue sooner rather than later IMO 

6 minutes ago, jaykelly68 said:

Ok thanks gents for the advise il have to make a decision really wanted a kit tho

The rtr spec ones I've seen have all been prebuilt.

Front drive shafts are the only recurring issue I've seen I think, and it seems losi 2.0 ones fit.  Doddy is right though, is discontinued, the mfrs gone, so even medium term spares will be an issue - some things have run out already.

9 minutes ago, jaykelly68 said:

Ok you guys are swaying me to thinking its not a great buy after all with the declining spares and all, are there any other cheapish 1/8 rollers out there that you would recomend

You could look at the Hobao vs not quite a kit but is a roller ..

Not really a racer but it's based on the ss which I found to be a fair basher the vs is the updated version of that mine never let me down and I'm tempted to get the vs myself ;) 

Parts are dirt cheap too and there's even some uk breakers on eBay 

Edited by mydoddy69
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, jaykelly68 said:

Ok you guys are swaying me to thinking its not a great buy after all with the declining spares and all, are there any other cheapish 1/8 rollers out there that you would recomend

Second hand hyper 7 or hyper vs

Edited by Alex97
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jaykelly68 said:

Ok thanks gents for the advise il have to make a decision really wanted a kit tho

I've got one built but unused (kit version) yours for £85 posted if you want it?

• Like 1

I bought mine as a  cheap kit for something to build. I know its a racer but I use it as a basher, and tell you the truth I give it hell. It didnt cost me alot, so my intention was to use it and abuse it. I bought a second kit, so I had ample spares, but whereever I can if I break something I buy it from Answer.

Anyway, after a few bashes it looked very sorry for itself:

127E6C7C-57FC-49AA-ADDA-1F1D7BED9C42_zps

It is absolutely filthy and broken lol. So.. Postman Pat bought me this:

7920C8CC-EFA7-4DAE-ACC9-77D779120EE8_zps

Fast forward a few hours:

9E6B9F9F-E809-4A44-AE61-B176AD1ABB35_zps

BD71E97C-3A6D-4215-A7C3-A7C962ED77B2_zps

Decided to bang on a new shell

63586672-225C-40AD-B696-2CB1E8DED6DE_zps

0C8BD211-D35A-4AF6-B264-3DA94B8C3807_zps

And here is with his twin

A261DC9D-B286-41C9-8892-813E1848066F_zps

:)

Edited by Guns
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Guns said:

I bought mine as a  cheap kit for something to build. I know its a racer but I use it as a basher, and tell you the truth I give it hell. It didnt cost me alot, so my intention was to use it and abuse it. I bought a second kit, so I had ample spares, but whereever I can if I break something I buy it from Answer.

Anyway, after a few bashes it looked very sorry for itself:

127E6C7C-57FC-49AA-ADDA-1F1D7BED9C42_zps

It is absolutely filthy and broken lol. So.. Postman Pat bought me this:

7920C8CC-EFA7-4DAE-ACC9-77D779120EE8_zps

Fast forward a few hours:

9E6B9F9F-E809-4A44-AE61-B176AD1ABB35_zps

BD71E97C-3A6D-4215-A7C3-A7C962ED77B2_zps

Decided to bang on a new shell

63586672-225C-40AD-B696-2CB1E8DED6DE_zps

0C8BD211-D35A-4AF6-B264-3DA94B8C3807_zps

And here is with his twin

A261DC9D-B286-41C9-8892-813E1848066F_zps

:)

Guns where did you get your parts? Where did you get the stickers from, I need a new set for mine.