• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New KM X2

beano123

I'm my experience clone upgrades are cheap for a reason. Monkey metal, poor tolerance etc.

This is my hole point, What in gods name do you class as a clone upgrade, Roverman has said in the past that the KM Alloy Baja clutch carrier is as good as anything and is all you need, So do you no now class this as a clone upgrade, If it turns out to be just as good as Tr's, Do you now put them in the same category.

We all know what is happening, People are classing anything that comes out of China as the cheap clone stuff and is fair game for ridicule, Anything else is the real macoy, Fully licensed by Losi or HPI.

Your above statement is also a bit ironic, Considering your profile says you are running a SCZ engine, Which I do believe, Is supposed to be a clone of the BZM.

cheap for a reason. Monkey metal, poor tolerance

17 minutes ago, babylon said:

This is my hole point, What in gods name do you class as a clone upgrade, Roverman has said in the past that the KM Alloy Baja clutch carrier is as good as anything and is all you need, So do you no now class this as a clone upgrade, If it turns out to be just as good as Tr's, Do you now put them in the same category.

We all know what is happening, People are classing anything that comes out of China as the cheap clone stuff and is fair game for ridicule, Anything else is the real macoy, Fully licensed by Losi or HPI.

Your above statement is also a bit ironic, Considering your profile says you are running a SCZ engine, Which I do believe, Is supposed to be a clone of the BZM.

He also runs at least one BZM engine as well, which he's had for two years plus.  The problem is BZM had part availability issues, as in they stopped supplying any bloody thing....  

You've an X2, correct?  You realise that you really can't talk as your engine, a KM is a clone of a CY which is a clone of the original Zenoah..  Stick that in ya pipe and smoke it 'double clone' boy!  :lol:

I can vouch for the SCZ engine [emoji106] was bought for 2 reasons 1 I wanted something different from a week wacker and 2 BZM micro parts are no longer been made, but cloning it's all mostly cloned at the end of the day, minor teaks here and there and the biggest of the cloners is sure to be TR.

Not many parts are actually different baja related but the EAC, nothing on the market is even close the rest well it's cloned from HPI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Carpmart said:

He also runs at least one BZM engine as well, which he's had for two years plus.  The problem is BZM had part availability issues, as in they stopped supplying any bloody thing....  

What's that got to do with anything, You go around making quotes like that, Then you have to practise what you preach.

5 minutes ago, Carpmart said:

You've an X2, correct?  You realise that you really can't talk as your engine, a KM is a clone of a CY which is a clone of the original Zenoah..  Stick that in ya pipe and smoke it 'double clone' boy!  :lol:

Difference is, I know it, I'm not two faced about it, I don't go around slagging of cloning and being all high and mighty, While at the same time using that very same cloned stuff.

weather you like it or not(is that the right spelling), Unless they are paying HPI or Losi royalties, They are all cloning, And I don't smoke. 

Don't think this thread was another clone debate was it?

It's just most threads questioning a clone become full arguments over what's better and end up getting locked because someone throws their toys out of the pram, and it's always just as there's some good points being raised.

The only point imo is they are all toys and you choose where you spend your own money, if we were talking about medical equipment there might be a problem, but if I buy a km toy car and it blows up who gives a toss!

( owner of original and clone toy cars )

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tug said:

I'll tell you what I don't like, I've posted that handbags picture before and it got deleted! Bez posts it and half the forum clicks the "like" button! Talk about double standards! 

What was the topic? ;)

So are you saying bez has cloned you?:o

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Carpmart said:

About bloody time I say... Need some cold wether to kill off all the cold and flu bugs knocking around at present... :) 

Thats ok if you work in a nice warm office. Some of us work outside :P

• Like 1