• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New KM X2

beano123

4 hours ago, sean-vrs said:

Is the shell any better?

Loads better, I've only got a crease in the rear of mine which considering I drive it like it it's a 1/8th scale it's done bloody well!

Think the crease was the result of a 10 foot jump that had an iffy landing.

• Like 2

I know I'm dragging this thread up, But it's just a quick question,  can anybody tell me if the x2 comes with This kit already Installed, Or can this be added.

Only ask because someone in our group has added this to his Baja, And it go's like stink.

11 minutes ago, babylon said:

I know I'm dragging this thread up, But it's just a quick question,  can anybody tell me if the x2 comes with This kit already Installed, Or can this be added.

Only ask because someone in our group has added this to his Baja, And it go's like stink.

No just comes with a standard 30.5cc motor the big bore kit is an add on.

15 minutes ago, babylon said:

Yes the X2 comes with that as standard.

3 minutes ago, babylon said:

So which is it.

It already comes with it, the kit in question is intended to bring the Baja's up to 30.5cc as they're all 29.5cc

The X2 is already a 30.5cc engine with a stuffed crank and I have a stock X2 in pieces that shows it too.

Edited by scatteh316

To be honest, I'm more than happy with it at the moment, It's no rocket, But there are a good few in the group with rockets, But I still have a lot of fun, So will spend money getting it reliable first, (Which it has been so far) And get my moneys worth out of this engine before worrying about upgrading it.

Did I say the X2 has been reliable.

• Like 1

If you want a reliable basher then I suggest the following

1. Replace all the diff internals with genuine Losi 5ive parts

2. Install a genuine CY clutch

3. Install a genuine CY pull starter ( This really depends on how your current pull start is like as King Motor pull starters are very hit and miss )

4. Replace servo's ( Again this is optional as it depends on how you're finding your stock servo's )

That is pretty much it, you do the above and you'll be left with a bomb proof RC!

If and when you do decide you want more power then this is the cheapest option - Link

I must say, He is bang on, So far I have broke the centre diff internals, I'v now locked the centre, But am still on the original front and back internals, Couple of new losi sets here and waiting if need be.

My clutch went at the weekend, Wore down to the metal, It didn't help that we were running in sticky mud, And by the time I got home I was carrying an extra 2kg in mud, They do seem to be hit and miss as some in the group have been on the original for months.

Pull starter seems ok as long as you maintain it, Take it of like anything else, Clean it, Check the screw is still tight.

Stock servos seem pretty good really, Pretty fast, And strong, But, One did konk out during testing one night, Burnt out the circuit board, No real reason why, Steering servo is still going straight, Did manage to repair the servo by replacing the board from a standard 1/10 servo, And it's working well, As lasted the whole bash and is still going, But picked up a Savox for backup.

As for engine, There are plenty in the group who will always sell one, As there are a few monster, And a few spares knocking around. 

The front and rear Diff's probably won't be too far behind depending on how much you jump the x2, if you stay on the gas in the air/landing and if you are heavy on the brakes (i.e. you lock the brakes up when you brake).  The cheap metal in the gears just can't stand up to the forces put through them.

20 minutes ago, andyknight said:

The front and rear Diff's probably won't be too far behind depending on how much you jump the x2, if you stay on the gas in the air/landing and if you are heavy on the brakes (i.e. you lock the brakes up when you brake).  The cheap metal in the gears just can't stand up to the forces put through them.

After my findings today I don't actually think it's the gears that's the problem!

Sounds like ther getting pretty good. Hopfully they'll keep on improving. I just wish it was 100% exactly the same.  

Why did they change stuff Surley making a carbon clone would have been easier.  

17 minutes ago, RCbutcher said:

Sounds like ther getting pretty good. Hopfully they'll keep on improving. I just wish it was 100% exactly the same.  

Why did they change stuff Surley making a carbon clone would have been easier.  

I've always thought that because it's not a 100% perfect it gives then some legal loop hole as then Losi can't accuse them of 100% ripping of the 5ive...

Personally i dont think they could care less about copywrite laws.

Its a shame as they have all the equipment to build there own models just dont want to invest in a design.

Can only be a bad thing for the hobby in the long run in my opinion

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rover Man said:

Personally i dont think they could care less about copywrite laws.

Its a shame as they have all the equipment to build there own models just dont want to invest in a design.

Can only be a bad thing for the hobby in the long run in my opinion

If everywhere carrys on ripping the bigger companys of and selling half the price the bigger companys wont be theyre to upgrade parts to. E.g diff gears etc as theyll have no profit as km and likes will have it banggood etc do the same rip a car off cheapen it and use sub standard materials where they can.

So in effect they gain either way as youll be constantly replacing theyre sub standard parts for more substandard parts etc. Not saying this will happen anytime soon but it will happen eventually. Bigger companys will be at up by clones.

Here we go again, Let's all feel sorry for Traxxas and the like, Your Traxxas and your Losi's are all doing alright thank you very much, When Traxxas have people salivating over the prospect of taking delivery of there all plastic, questionable combo and reliability X-Maxx at £750, I don't think we should be to worried about there profit margin to much.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, babylon said:

Here we go again, Let's all feel sorry for Traxxas and the like, Your Traxxas and your Losi's are all doing alright thank you very much, When Traxxas have people salivating over the prospect of taking delivery of there all plastic, questionable combo and reliability X-Maxx at £750, I don't think we should be to worried about there profit margin to much.

And maybe if Losi dropped the price of the 5ive to more reasonable levels people would be buying the clone........ Is the Losi 5ive honestly worth £400+ more then the clones..... From what I've seen it isn't.

How well there Mini is selling is testament to that, since they dropped the price cos there discontinuing it, They have sold loads.

And no, The Losi is not worth the extra.