• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your Tamiya!

XV Pilot

Here's another from my crowd/gaggle/trigger/murder:

Twin Det with alternative shell

The Twin Detonator again, wearing what I seem to remember was a Parma Chevrolet shell. 

Edited by XV Pilot
  • Like 3

Thanks!

Here's another:

Hotshot

The Hotshot was the first hobby-grade RC I remember seeing as a child. I was on holiday with my family, and we happened across a hobby shop that had one in the window. My father and I stopped to look while my mother and little brother wandered on ahead. Dad and I spend so long looking at the Hotshot that Mum and little bro wandered out of sight, and we spent the next half hour searching for them... :-)

My Hotshot is a re-re, fitted with alloy stabiliser mounts, a GT-Tuned motor and rubber-sealed bearings, but is otherwise stock. I received the kit as a birthday present from my wonderful wife.

Edited by XV Pilot
  • Like 3

Here is another of my rally cars:

DSC03952_zpseoxmd3cv.jpg

Unlike the Mini and Alpine that are driven relatively gently in order to preserve their appearance, this one is built to be driven all-out in rally competition. Based on a tough TT-01 chassis modified for long suspension travel and fitted with hop-ups to further enhance its strength and reliability, it has not only withstood competitive driving - it has earned itself a couple of medals too.

(The picture shows it wearing its "dress uniform" for shelf display. It also has a runner shell that is the same moulding, in the same livery, but with many battle scars - rally is not exactly gentle!)

I like that.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TMaxxDave said:

Have you got a whole fleet shot?

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Nope - they are on display in our guest bedroom, which is too small for met to be able to stand far enough back to get them all into one shot. Our garden is also tiny and they won't all fit at once for a photo, neither will they all fit into our fullsize car to be taken elsewhere for a photo.

I'll have to see if I can splice a couple of photos together to show the whole fleet at once... :)

14 hours ago, Matt888 said:

My Re Re Sand Scorcher its in pieces at the moment, my plan is to clean it up and make it a shelf queen because everytime I take it out I break it.

sand%20scorcher%206.jpg

As you can see this is the result of a bit too much air time.

20150830_202059_resized.jpg

A shelfer Sand Scorcher would be a great display piece, but at the same time, it is great seeing one being used as the designer intended!

Have you got a whole fleet shot?

Nope - they are on display in our guest bedroom, which is too small for met to be able to stand far enough back to get them all into one shot. Our garden is also tiny and they won't all fit at once for a photo, neither will they all fit into our fullsize car to be taken elsewhere for a photo.

I'll have to see if I can splice a couple of photos together to show the whole fleet at once... [emoji4]

Look forward to it ;-)

Haven't got around to splicing together a fleet shot yet I'm afraid, so in the meantime here is another individual:

Daisy dirty

This is "Daisytruck", my fast basher of choice when the terrain is on the rough side. She combines the chassis from a Blackfoot III with the shell from a Stadium Raider, which fits really well as it is the same moulding as used on the Wild Dagger, which is of course based on the WR-01 which is the 4WD version of the WT-01 on which the Blackfoot III is based.

Edited by XV Pilot

Here's one we built for my youngest nephew:

Rising Fighter MT

It is a Rising Fighter (basically a mildly-modded Super Hornet) with wheels, tyres and front axles from a Mad Bull, full rubber-sealed bearings for reliability and a 80t motor to keep it slow and controllable.

Edited by XV Pilot
  • Like 2

And here is one I finished this morning:

Black Grasshopper

Grasshopper Black Special - Christmas gift from my amazing Mrs!

Edited by XV Pilot
  • Like 1

There are more similarities than differences really. Both are rated down to 25t, neither have built-in BEC, neither are waterproof, both have reverse that can be disabled for racing, etc.

Apart from the obvious aesthetic changes, the key differences are that the 101 has separate power and signal leads, while the 104 feeds power to the ESC via the same 3-strand lead as it gets its signal from, and the 101 has full-speed reverse while the 104 reverse is limited to approximately 60% of full forward speed.

Also, while both are theoretically limited to 25t, people who like to push the limits tend to find that the 101 can handle more abuse than the 104.

Oh, and to keep this post on-topic, here is another picture of my Grasshopper, showing that it is not a shelf queen - it came geocaching with me yesterday. :)

Black Grasshopper after run

Edited by XV Pilot
Added photo

A few I forgot!!

Built these 3 before I went to the 1st F1 at Indianapolis in 2000 - going back a bit!!

(Just photographed now - Jugg's changed a little bit since - 2x Traxxas 550 motors power it now through an EVX - from the E-Maxx)

St.%20Helens-20160103-00540_zpsyyio2ret.

St.%20Helens-20160103-00541_zpsyjlkorqw.

Al.