• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your Tamiya!

XV Pilot

My latest one, am I officially in the club now? ;)

The details on this thing are, well... It explains the price a lot when you see one up close!

DSC_4568_zps6zwojp6x.jpg

DSC_4571_zpsx1jnxwbc.jpg

In all her magnificent glory!

DSC_4573_zps8p3mmulj.jpg

And I will already say, I did nerd out a little bit, pushed her back and fourth over my knife and I can say now, watching the tracks and wheels go over something is VERY addictive!

DSC_4574_zpsmrky3p80.jpg

DSC_4575_zpsqvf9ja0e.jpg

DSC_4584_zpsoaa2z7cg.jpg

• Like 3

Mmmmm Tank

One of my current projects an FF03 built for 2S speed runs, It's got a 3.5T motor so should be interesting. 

I need some new front body posts as it's just a little to low :) does anyone know if the FF03 mounts are used on other Tamiya's? 

20170402_141751.jpg

20170402_141842.jpg

• Like 1

The FF-03 body posts are unique to the FF-03 I'm afraid. As you probably know, they come on the FF-03 bumper sprue, part number 51419.

9a4600dbc03c205925f6019cda902c5f.jpg

Neo Scorcher. Upgraded to brushless tonight, middle Madbull gets a new sports tuned motor (from the Neo) and the end Madbull gets the torque tuned out of the middle Madbull, but isn't quite a runner yet, need to change the connectors over on the motor to match the ESC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Squeezing packs in....haven't  found a suitable pack that is small enough.

The stock battery tray is too narrow and cannot be cut away, so, I have trimmed various areas of the main tray and I can just squeeze in two compact nanotechs but not the cabling to run parallel, as I need the C  rating for the intended 120a esc, which should fit under the shell.....

Any ideas welcomed ;)

Thanks for the feedback guys. 

I built it for the Tamiya club speed challenge, also to prove that they don't explode over 30Mph:huh:.  I managed to get top of their board for 11 hours as someone beat me with a 5S, 5700kv set up the next day!  I have a bigger pinion and a large capacity battery for round 2 so I should be back on top spot soon :D

Car Spec's:

FF03

Hobbywing Xerun 3.5t Motor

Hobbywing Xerun V3.1 120Amp Esc
Turnigy 2s Lipo 6000Mah 90C
68T Spur, 31T Pinion

Turnigy 1258 Servo
Tamiya Rubber Tyres

Lots of Hop-up's and still on the stock ball diff.  I have a gear diff on the shelf and anti roll bars waiting to be fitted although I will probably just do the rear roll bar in the short term as it drives so nice at the moment.   

20170411_165610.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks Dave, me too :D

I had it out on the weekend but had all sorts of problem's, ranging from little things like the pinion slipping and the tyre glue not holding to the ball diff letting go and not recording the GPS after I managed a 59Mph run:rolleyes:   I should be having another go at it next weekend, armed with a slightly smaller spur gear and 7500Mah battery.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chewbacca said:

Ball diffs suck.

I'm starting to realise this ;) 

Overall I do think it drives better with the gear diff fitted, strangely though I did really like the under-steer from the ball diff :P

12 hours ago, El Dougo said:

I'm starting to realise this ;) 

Overall I do think it drives better with the gear diff fitted, strangely though I did really like the under-steer from the ball diff :P

Under-steer sucks :P

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Madbull rebuild, with friction shocks and bushings!

84b27e363827a09776a814da5bfb55e1.jpg

171b2d7e18a33dab90a458091dc43be4.jpg

But sweet steering link.

Silver can
17t steel pinion
1060HW ESC
Alturn USA Servo

Wild willy rear wheels
Madbull front wheels

Body not yet painted / drawn / coloured

It's for my middle girl so she can run with her brother and sister when they have theirs out, and it saves my Neo Scorcher for me :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Had the FF03 out again today, another camera operator failure so didn't get my fastest run recorded but I did get a 65.1Mph run captured.  Puts me back on top of the Tamiya Club speed board :D

• Like 1