• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Yet another update...

Nick

58 minutes ago, Noj said:

Sooooo......aside from clicking on a recent topic title to read it, where does one actually view the Forum??? Clicking the 'Forum' button only shows me the Home Page now??????

Hmmmm.....now I can view them???

Confused somewhat:huh:

Clicking the logo takes us to the home page, not the forums, that couldn't be more annoying. 

• Like 1

When initially opening the page, I get the home screen, but no option to browse forums. 

I can click on a topic on the rhs of the screen and then view the forums from there as the forums option is then displayed?

10 hours ago, stretch said:

Any worked out how to do a new 'new content' stream to display list of topics like previous version rather than individual replies? Also still no option to upload/attach files?

Activity > My Activity Streams > Create New Stream

Then you can make one that is topics only and additional filters.

NB:// After setting up your custom 'stream'  next to the title you created (under edit) You can set as default.  This will now appear on the right hand side of the screen exactly as before ('new content') except it is completely customizable :) .  It will appear on every page u r on for quick access 'shortcut'.

Very powerful just takes a little getting used to with your setup and all that.

Edited by Deafty
  • Like 1

Under the Activity>my activity streams>content I posted in returns the below error, every time:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Web Server at msuk-forum.co.uk

On 17/11/2015, 16:23:06, Nick said:

The Activity needs a guide writing, I just have so little time to do it! If anyone has some spare time to experiment and write up how it works I'd be really grateful! As it's a powerful tool.

Back to top... will be back, soon! Hehe.

Thanks guys, what a nightmare it has all been but don't worry, the worst is over! Big version updates usually have a lot of issues at the start.

Been through activity stream settings and can't find the sort by replies or sort by topics option?

4199.jpg

I've got a custom stream already created with that ticked but it still shows all the replies? I've tried creating a new one/editing etc.

When i updated the unread content stream to topics then click update restults it still shows the posts and when i got back into edit stream 'all content' is ticked again?

Edited by stretch

On 19/11/2015, 08:41:04, Deafty said:

NB:// After setting up your custom 'stream'  next to the title you created (under edit) You can set as default.  This will now appear on the right hand side of the screen exactly as before ('new content') except it is completely customizable :) .  It will appear on every page u r on for quick access 'shortcut'.

Very powerful just takes a little getting used to with your setup and all that.

Fantastic, thank you :)

14 hours ago, stretch said:

I've got a custom stream already created with that ticked but it still shows all the replies? I've tried creating a new one/editing etc.

When i updated the unread content stream to topics then click update restults it still shows the posts and when i got back into edit stream 'all content' is ticked again?

yeah sorry , gotcha now

For now I simply click the star beside said reply to take to my latest unread of that thread. I hated it but it now feels natural :shockingscary:

Edited by Deafty
no means now oops

On 21/11/2015, 23:26:08, Deafty said:

yeah sorry , gotcha now

For now I simply click the star beside said reply to take to my latest unread of that thread. I hated it but it now feels natural :shockingscary:

yes that works for topics i've posted in but I just want to show new content listed by topic.

1 hour ago, stretch said:

yes that works for topics i've posted in but I just want to show new content listed by topic.

Hope this is of help.

Create a custom stream and tick all the boxes I've done here.

I've called my stream 'New Content'

Next to the name, tick the tick so it turns green.

Then 'Save new stream'

Settings_zpst44pcm1y.jpg

From then on, you will have a 'new Content' tab back as it originally was, in the top right.

Click on that and then click on the little squares to the right and select 'Condensed Mode'

This will give you all the new topics as before the update.

Haven't found a way to set 'Condensed Mode' permanantly, I just have to do it every time I log in.

Finished_zps4oo5oinn.jpg

Edited by ChrisT
  • Like 1

Thanks Chris T for that.

I'm really sorry for how many problems these updates have caused, it has been by far the worst experience I've had, lots of downtime, the server failing (and we had to get a new one!) then constant bugs and errors. I'm really hoping it is over now! It's been a hard hit plus Gold Members hasn't worked for over a month, so I'm not getting a penny to cover these costs. :(

I really appreciate everyones patience and support.