• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Axial RR10 Bomber

Pistonhead

Closer to a Wraith tbh, it's lower and much longer. 

i like the wraith  so i better take a closer look at the RR10 then.  lol   if it is my sort of thing i might have to order it ;)

I was just looking at their trophie truck. This has the same shocks from king they make the best shocks for the 1.1 trucks apparantly. I want the score body once it's avalible.  

If you read Zombi's thread, everything fails on the Yeti :lol:

GPM and VP will come to the party, the weak parts will be replaced, owners will be happy and again, Axial miss a trick. Except they don't, do they, as this product will sell despite the low spec and (possible) flaws. 

It's not even funny. I'm still toying with the idea of getting a Yeti. Well, some of it - the chassis, some of the plastics and screws from DollarHobbyz because the rest of it will be either Vanquish, Boom, GPM, Deluxfab/ucfab, RPM and STRC plus a proline body. It's surely only a matter of time before RPM or someone else brings out a Yeti chassis too. 

If you read Zombi's thread, everything fails on the Yeti :lol:

GPM and VP will come to the party, the weak parts will be replaced, owners will be happy and again, Axial miss a trick. Except they don't, do they, as this product will sell despite the low spec and (possible) flaws. 

I think people now buy Axials just so they have something to bolt the VP parts to.

• Like 1

Sceptic :P

Mond, that is probably the most sensible way of doing it. Alternatively, buy a sorted, second hand example that has been properly fettled......;)

Finding a shell for the YXL to do a Trophy conversion is nigh on impossible....going 1/10th has plenty of options.

I don't care really if it's flawed, (probably will be) once sorted though it should be sweet....

i still don't get this obsession with vp, yes it's beautifully made but there is kit out there for a fraction of the price that does the job just as well if not better..

remember a good rc is not the one with the most expensive parts fitted, although this new batch of scale enthusiasts seem to believe it's the only way to go...... Glad it's not my money there wasting....

• Like 2

I must admit, I love the look of the VP stuff. I'd probably get the knuckles and castor blocks simply because they work with each other but the STRC stuff seems cheaper and just as nice. 

The GPM stuff I got for the YXL seemed ok. The tolerances were a little off - I had to grind down one part to fit with another GPM part which was odd and ****** me off a little and the steering rack has a little slop. But they work though. I would say the quality of the aluminium used isn't quite as good as it could be though. It's certainly not on the same grade as say the aluminium I have on the TLR cars.

The few Axial kits I have built dont seem to be made very well.

The rear axle halves on the SCX10 I had didn't fit together very well,the moulding was quite bad.

It took bolting the two halves together to get them to line up flat with each other otherwise they were quite bowed.

Same with the Yeti,the ends of the rear axle didn't fit very well together till the tubes were put on the ends.

The few Axial kits I have built dont seem to be made very well.

The rear axle halves on the SCX10 I had didn't fit together very well,the moulding was quite bad.

It took bolting the two halves together to get them to line up flat with each other otherwise they were quite bowed.

Same with the Yeti,the ends of the rear axle didn't fit very well together till the tubes were put on the ends.

That isn't exclusive to Axial, I've had hit and miss in that department.

But to be fair, stick the bolts through and it's no issue at all, minen are still going strong after about 7 months of use, so despite them seeming to be badly made, they're far from it.

IMO this looks more like a Twin Hammers than a Wraith, but that's just me.

If the steering was sorted on the Yeti, there's no upgrades needed from the kit version at all.

Going on first hand experience of actually running a stock one, not what others say you need to upgrade.

That isn't exclusive to Axial, I've had hit and miss in that department.

But to be fair, stick the bolts through and it's no issue at all, minen are still going strong after about 7 months of use, so despite them seeming to be badly made, they're far from it.

IMO this looks more like a Twin Hammers than a Wraith, but that's just me.

If the steering was sorted on the Yeti, there's no upgrades needed from the kit version at all.

Going on first hand experience of actually running a stock one, not what others say you need to upgrade.

No but seeing as we are talking about an Axial product I thought it was relevant.

Also whilst they do fit together okay once bolted I cant imagine for one minute they were designed that way,I certainly haven't seen that method of assembly in other RCs I have built :)

Depends how many you've built and at what scale really, I've built loads, so I suppose, the more you build, the more flaws you're going to find, across most brands really.

I would prefer them to nont quite fit together without bolts, than to fit together perfectly without bolts and snap on the first run out.

Also, after they've been together a while, they actually hold together when you take the bolts out ;)

Personally I don't think axial kits are for beginners, I mean there manuals are vague at times so common sense is needed, where as such as Tamiya which I believe still have the clearest build manuals by far and away.

but I have had very few breakages on any of my axial trucks, mainly spur gears but rather a spur than anything else now well into my 8th year of having axial products and I have no issues whatsoever about buying any of there stuff.

dont think there is a rc made that's perfect from the box either, it's what makes this hobby, figuring out how to make it better for yourself.

i love the look of this new truck, and again, one will definitely adorning my fleet :good:

• Like 1

Proof of the pudding and all that, am sure you will let us know how the truck performs ;)

Fair point made about GPM parts, from experience, some are really good, others not so (steering rack on the YXL, as Mond mentioned, which is getting replaced owing to wear). 

Axial make great looking gear, I'd personally like to see a better spec from the off. Is that expecting too much?

I think the King Shocks have to be a step in the right direction, maybe recognition from Axial that some of the stock stuff doesn't cut it especially when you are asking someone to put their name on the box.  As a RTR it's probably even more important that it can cut it for a while before needing upgrades.

I have to say I like the look of this, it's the Yeti level of development applied to a solid front axle truck.  Also the AR60 is getting on and it's good to see it's being developed which maintains parts availability both as stock and VP / GPM / whoever upgrades.

Personally I don't think axial kits are for beginners, I mean there manuals are vague at times so common sense is needed, where as such as Tamiya which I believe still have the clearest build manuals by far and away.

but I have had very few breakages on any of my axial trucks, mainly spur gears but rather a spur than anything else now well into my 8th year of having axial products and I have no issues whatsoever about buying any of there stuff.

dont think there is a rc made that's perfect from the box either, it's what makes this hobby, figuring out how to make it better for yourself.

i love the look of this new truck, and again, one will definitely adorning my fleet :good:

Definitely takes some common sense with an Axial kit lol.

I think RC4WD ones are the best I've experienced but again, I've had a few of them so it might just be that they become more predictable.

I'm looking forward to you telling us how it performs.

I actually like how it looks.

If it doesn't have the Yeti's steering issue, it might be my next fast electric purchase.