• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas X-Maxx.

Tug

I'd be shocked if Traxxas pay more than $50 for electrcis per vehicle. In fact, I bet the actual production cost of the entire truck is just about three figures (in USD). The production costs at this late stage are minimal. The original investment for research, development, making the initial patterns for the parts, promotion and packaging probably cost more than the actual parts. But thats how business works. A Samsung S6 Edge probably costs a few quid to make, but its £600+ due to the research and stuff mentioned above. Thats business regardless of who you are.

a item is worth what people will pay for it.  as for costs  how does a top brand truck cost ££££££ to design but a low low budget brand can sell a car for pennies really. which sort of says the design process isn't to high.  

ok how about the ones that look like the real thing but the parts are not 100% the same.  the mold still had to be made  and they still keep costs very low.  i remember a mod on the traxxas forum saying the A arms will drop in price once the mold was paid for   lol  that part must of been designed over 15 years ago. 

1 minute ago, atom3624 said:

Depends on sales - numbers of - over the counter as well.

Can't see this selling that many 'though - not much interest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Al.

Couldn't agree more, pre-orders must be so low that they're not bothering to ship any until there's enough interest to actually fill a quota. 

• Like 1

This will be one of the biggest R/C sellers of recent time I gaurentee it. Up there with the Slash. Regardless of how much you all seem to hate Traxxas, they know how to sell a product.

The Xmaxx interest IS massive. Traxxas' dominance in the US is ridiculous. They almost dont even need the EU market.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turok007 said:

..... or a bash area that is very rough lol

Like Barnsley, Moss side or Skinningrove? :lol:

Big price for many folk, with a release date at the most expensive time of the year for recession hit families...bound to have some impact on numbers I guess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Guns said:

The price again..... Show me something similar for anywhere NEAR this price? The last time I asked, I was linked to something £2k+.......

im quoting price for this reason    who would pay £1000 for the xo1 just to run up and down the street.  but that same person might pay £300 or £400  to run up and down the street.  im not saying it's not worth the price. 

I cannot see the link between an X-01/Funny Car (as you correctly stated, niche products, especially in a UK Market) and a 4WD 1/6th Brushless Monster Truck based on arguably one of the biggest names in R/C (The Maxx Series)? How is the Xmaxx Niche? Its one of the most useable everyday R/Cs there is. The only reason I can see is its size, but if this had a Gas Engine no one would even mention it?

Im struggling to see why anyone would think this is going to fail? Even in the limited (yet irrelevant, in the grand scheme of things, UK Market).

And Drag Racing is massive in the US, so Id imagine the XO-1 and Funny Car did "ok", all things considered.

Edited by Guns

16 minutes ago, Guns said:

This will be one of the biggest R/C sellers of recent time I gaurentee it. Up there with the Slash. Regardless of how much you all seem to hate Traxxas, they know how to sell a product.

The Xmaxx interest IS massive. Traxxas' dominance in the US is ridiculous. They almost dont even need the EU market.....

I don't hate Traxxas, but I do hate certain business practices of theirs plus certain weaknesses that shouldn't exist in several of their rigs. 

• Like 1

the xo1 and funny car didn't do well even in the US  as they dropped the price big time.  as for the X maxx failing  who said it would.   Is it a good price  we need to see how it holds up over the next few months  then we can judge if the price is right.  

A lot of talk about upgrading this and that.  ok fair enough.  Then the mention that weight is likely a big issue , also fair enough.  As well as thes the price with R&D discussed.

I have to ask then:

• Why is the mount plastic yet they add on a heatsink? 

A metal mount on it's on would be enough of a heatsink (or it should be) . The production price and weight difference can't be that vast between no heat sink no plastic mount and just a single std alloy mount, can it?.

Speculating here:- is there an issue somewhere else below the mount? (chassis section).  What's the real reason for the plastic mount?  Especially if R&D has been done correctly.

3 hours ago, turok007 said:

is this truck going to be in a niche market  like the xo1 and funny car.   as the Xmaxx is big  so you will need a lot of space really or a bash area that is very rough lol

Niche market!!! I'm niche now, you've just just quoted  1/2 my Santa list:crying:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sean-vrs said:

Niche market!!! I'm niche now, you've just just quoted  1/2 my Santa list:crying:

lucky you haven't got a segway hover board as well as that is really niche.  lol   cannot be used on paths or roads.

• Like 1