• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas X-Maxx.

Tug

48 minutes ago, NG15 said:

Yup I also agree, however anyone who bought an xmaxx for top speed and driving round flat open spaces bought the wrong model IMO

I think these top speed numbers r meaningless really. 

Its all about the type of running u do and the space u have to run in. 

Mood u r bashing in the woods like on those vids w trees and obstacles all about 30 ish I'm guessing is plenty. It's short , sharp bursts of acceleration that u want. 

If u like speed runs on Tarmac then yes 30 is not going to be enough. But who buys an Xmaxx for that?? If u have then obviously u r going to mod it a fair bit to be any good a high speed.... And a motor and esc will have to be part of that I'd say. 

I run 6s and a big motor in my mugen mbx5t... Not for its 40+ mph top Wack but for that acceleration and power... For backflips and a rush. 

Im a motorcyclist and it goes back to all that sports bike bs... ( I've had a tl1000s so I know what big power on a motorcycle is plus loads 20+ bikes of different types and sizes)..."ive gone 160mph"... Big deal!!!! Any1 can get on the motorway , duck down and pin the throttle.... It's just a number that means nothing... Now on a track day power is good and I loved my cbr600 on track for knee down madness... And taking apart those guys in their 1000cc sports bikes!.... But the most fun on 2 wheels for me ( on the road) was supermoto!... Low power, low weight, lots of grunt and crazy acceleration! 

Top speed... :asleep:

12 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

I think these top speed numbers r meaningless really. 

Its all about the type of running u do and the space u have to run in. 

Mood u r bashing in the woods like on those vids w trees and obstacles all about 30 ish I'm guessing is plenty. It's short , sharp bursts of acceleration that u want. 

If u like speed runs on Tarmac then yes 30 is not going to be enough. But who buys an Xmaxx for that?? If u have then obviously u r going to mod it a fair bit to be any good a high speed.... And a motor and esc will have to be part of that I'd say. 

I run 6s and a big motor in my mugen mbx5t... Not for its 40+ mph top Wack but for that acceleration and power... For backflips and a rush. 

Im a motorcyclist and it goes back to all that sports bike bs... ( I've had a tl1000s so I know what big power on a motorcycle is plus loads 20+ bikes of different types and sizes)..."ive gone 160mph"... Big deal!!!! Any1 can get on the motorway , duck down and pin the throttle.... It's just a number that means nothing... Now on a track day power is good and I loved my cbr600 on track for knee down madness... And taking apart those guys in their 1000cc sports bikes!.... But the most fun on 2 wheels for me ( on the road) was supermoto!... Low power, low weight, lots of grunt and crazy acceleration! 

Top speed... :asleep:

I agree with everything you've said, it's not all about speed, but 30mph is not speed it's just dog slow and boring, it's not a problem though as I do believe it's just a gearing issue and even the standard esc should take the strain. When I'm bashing it's about the overall fun factor and heart in the mouth moments, with the 5sc flux I've got 40+ gives me that but 30 dosnt.

• Like 3

Yeah... Don't get me wrong... Speed is of course a rush and adds to the fun... It's also great to know u have it even if u don't use it that much. 

Main guessing for my sort of bashing 35-40 top end would be ideal.... Still not run it so don't really know yet tho! 

Ive got both option Spurs and several pins so I can mess about w gearing. 

Just now, Noj said:

No offence fella, already being a largescale owner, it'd be nowt new.

This is why to me, the 30mph ish stock speed is underwhelming.....because it really, really is....;)

Thats was my point earlier in the thread and everyone started shouting at me :lol: 

Nope, they certainly don't....although, the usual forum caveats apply in these matters:

• No matter how observant you are, trees jump out of nowhere.
  • So do fence posts, goal posts, lamp posts and wildlife.
  • No vid/pic then the event simply did not happen.
Happy bashing. :lol:
Edited by Noj
special typo
  • Like 2

I'm sure the Rc world in the uk has less if a following than it used to, and there for less well stocked shops. Just ordered a 18t pinion, 50t spur, 50wt shock oil, castle dual fan and a tqi wireless module and had to buy from 3 separate shops.

Let's see if this thing can safely go over 40mph ....

Edited by NG15