• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas X-Maxx.

Tug

I've had my x-maxx for a while now (end of December).  I have had zero problems with the stock power system, but I like many other can't leave well enough alone.  I just added the Kershaw motor mount, 49t pinion, castle 2028, and xlx.  I ran it this morning on 6s and all I can say is this setup is  insane. It has crazy torque from the start all the way up to top speed. I ran it in front of my house and i clocked 43 mph, but I couldn't really top it all the way out so I'm guessing right around 45mph on 6s. Motor with no fan was at a little over 80f after hitting lvc on 8200mah packs.  Outside temp was 50f.  8s is going to be stupid fast.......

If losi made a losi 5 truggy would that pull the monster rug up again? 

The losi 6 on road could that be tweaked I don't get that release tbh unless they made it to compete against the xo1 if so they'll probably make an xmaxx rival too. 

Losi motto is if we ain't first we'll be the best lol. Not sure about that either. Losi 6 looks like a big flop. 

FROM TRAXXAS

Hazard Description:

Traxxas has received some reports that when the electronics are pushed to the point of failure in some extremely rare instances, either by vehicle modification or electronics failures, fire can result.

If traxxas gave us the ESC specs then it might help

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Tug said:

Where did you hear about that? Sounds rough! Was he driving it or literally just connected it up ready to go outside? 

traxxas fire thread

https://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?9054177-Velineon-VXL-6s-Electronic-Speed-Control-Recall

if this true, its just taken another sinister twist, no way should anything burst into flames just sat there

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sean-vrs said:

traxxas fire thread

https://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?9054177-Velineon-VXL-6s-Electronic-Speed-Control-Recall

if this true, its just taken another sinister twist, no way should anything burst into flames just sat there

The state of that floor! Oh, Traxxas, you gotta fix this, fo sho! 

23 hours ago, sean-vrs said:

traxxas fire thread

Adds more weight to the bodge it fuse solution.

Oh and good god, this was my first visit to the Traxxas forums ever, and I think most of the posters there have been to the David Camerson school of Brown nosing.  Considering the general attitude of most Americans I know re defective goods this is shocking.

Maybe Putinbots have a side line going as Traxxasbots.

Edited by capri-boy
addendum
  • Like 1

https://traxxas.com/support/repair-exchange/20160115

Just admit theyre wrong, and get Castle to rebadge a XLX/XL2. Not hard. Getting silly now. They know how to do this, theyve done it with the VX12 and the VXL.

Stop calling things VX* as well. Its a bad omen, just look at the Astra VXR's lmao

• Like 1

someone from traxxas seems to be saying that if you blow the fuse for a second time then it is the truck binding. (might not get a replacement)

from my post earlier   (pushed to the point of failure)  that just sounds like traxxas trying to cover themselves if you need a replacement  it also looks good to the CPSC as traxxas are saying it is misuse.

i just wish traxxas would come straight out and say what happens if the fuse blows.  will the ESC be fine to use afterwards  if so then people should of got 2 fuse wires.

4 minutes ago, Leeb said:

My wife would have bloody killed me if that were in my house :cussing2:

All im thinking is how close is the fuse rating to the faulty part in the ESC   as when the fuse pops the ESC must be close to the stress point.  so when the fuse is replaced is the ESC still in perfect condition or has it weakened. 

44 minutes ago, turok007 said:

All im thinking is how close is the fuse rating to the faulty part in the ESC   as when the fuse pops the ESC must be close to the stress point.  so when the fuse is replaced is the ESC still in perfect condition or has it weakened. 

It must be fairly close I guess, then you've got that worry in the back of your mind. Not really keeping up to speed with this anymore but not read anywhere about a wire popping yet.

15 hours ago, capri-boy said:

Oh and good good, this was my first visit to the Traxxas forums ever, and I think most of the posters there have been to the David Camerson school of Brown nosing.  Considering the general attitude of most Americans I know re defective goods this is shocking.

Trouble with the Traxxas forums are the level of sensorship imposed. You post a thread that slates the product...it vanishes. What you end up with is a far from balanced view and people unable to express their feelings...even if they do so within the actual rules of the site.

Still...it beggars belief that with the large number of stories, reports and such like stating problems that they do not want to go to a 'MkII' ESC. Even just for PR purposes. Stating that a truck must be 'binding' to blow the fuse is crazy. That's the sort of issue you would expect with a home-brewed conversion done poorly...not a professional product from a large manufacturer. They have just under-estimated the load the ESC is taking in actual use as people take a large sized truck and hammer it. What else did they think would happen to it? If they stepped up and admitted the problem and that they were working on a proper fix ( not just belated overload protection ) people might have th econfidence to invest.

As it stands....they would be better off knocking a chunk off the price and selling them as rollers .... then you get to choose your own motor/ESC and it's your issue if it vents.

• Like 3

On Tuesday, February 09, 2016 at 1:01 PM, turok007 said:

FROM TRAXXAS

Hazard Description:

Traxxas has received some reports that when the electronics are pushed to the point of failure in some extremely rare instances, either by vehicle modification or electronics failures, fire can result.

If traxxas gave us the ESC specs then it might help

I don't agree with that at all lol, the one fire video I saw the guy crawled up a grass bank half way up it fried. 4mph mayb. The one that thought to check his steering still works whole it's flaming. Then decides to turn it upside down lol. I would have unplugged the lipos first then panicked. Thinking should I pee on it or start clawing at the earth. :/

2 hours ago, Guns said:

Obviously the links are dead, but 15 years ago, they had to do similar.

https://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?12424-TRAXXAS-VX-12-RECALL!

if i remember correct that recall took almost a year.  But now we are talking about a 6s  lipo that could go pop.

Is that the recall of ther 1/10 4x4 buggy? 

I wread about that when starting rc the rcs still around are worth a pretty penny now. Street cat or something like that. It must of hurt them cos they never tried another 4x4 buggy lol. 

Totally agree with nitroH.

Why hasn't anyone made a people's traxxas forum would traxxas shut it down? It wouldn't be so bad but traxxas even sensor the people's forums by the sound of it. URC ect.

Actually by the sound of it msuk is the only one not letting them sensor.