• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas X-Maxx.

Tug

I think it is a plastic fantastic,although maybe not that fantastic :)

I may buy one in time when it has been out for a while and can see what others have broken ;)

I am not that hard on RC cars BUT I can see bits breaking if I do some of the stuff with it that I have done with buggies,I get you need to use it 'in scale" with it's size but where is the fun in that :)

Traxxas is the wrong company for scale, they don't do scale or racers. If you want scale, you'll have to browse the Tamiya catalogue. Want a racer, try Losi.

This truck is not about looking the part, it's about providing an experience. Hopefully it'll deliver that in spades! The vids are looking promising! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mmushen said:

I may buy one in time when it has been out for a while and can see what others have broken ;)

I am not that hard on RC cars BUT I can see bits breaking if I do some of the stuff with it that I have done with buggies,I get you need to use it 'in scale" with it's size but where is the fun in that :)

It's 9kg and huge, ramp it hard and it'll break. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mmushen said:

2 minutes ago, Tug said:

Traxxas is the wrong company for scale, they don't do scale or racers. If you want scale, you'll have to browse the Tamiya catalogue. Want a racer, try Losi.

This truck is not about looking the part, it's about providing an experience. Hopefully it'll deliver that in spades! The vids are looking promising! 

Misunderstanding there :)

I mean taking into account the thing weighs a lot and probably cant be treated the same way as a smaller buggy,thats what I mean by scale :)

Just now, mmushen said:

Misunderstanding there :)

I mean taking into account the thing weighs a lot and probably cant be treated the same way as a smaller buggy,thats what I mean by scale :)

That wasn't aimed at you, I was talking to Atom. 

• Like 1

This made me giggle like a school girl

M71pwTG.jpg

Tmaxx Hub vs Xmaxx Hub.

Do I REALLY need a new charger? I have a brand new £11 Imax B6 lol. Ive deleted my basket of an order 5 times already tonight, Charger or Trainers..... Hmmm

Edited by Guns

Had I not had first hand experience of Noj's Badgers the size comparison in that vid would have meant less to me. But OMG, that thing is big (No, she didn't). 

The hub comparison shot is just bonkers. 

On 27 December 2015 at 7:27 PM, turok007 said:

one bloke running the truck up and down the street hits 335 deg on the motor

another bloke says the ESC cutout after 5 mins  because the fan was not working.  if that is true then i would say that the esc should be better than that

i didn't realize that the rims did this lol

image_23_zpszmcayppt.jpeg

I've just read the 335 temp was with a faulty temp monitor, his forehead was 150!

2 hours ago, Guns said:

This made me giggle like a school girl

M71pwTG.jpg

Tmaxx Hub vs Xmaxx Hub.

Do I REALLY need a new charger? I have a brand new £11 Imax B6 lol. Ive deleted my basket of an order 5 times already tonight, Charger or Trainers..... Hmmm

The wheel / tyre's dual profile - very small tyre wall on the inside - this helps it handle as well as it does.

Tug, PLEASE pack it in!!

I very clearly stated we'll agree to disagree, I accept how you like the basic dynamic ability and general look, which others do as well.

I very clearly stated that its SO CLOSE to a real look, with a little help, it can be more scale, which I would like, and I'm not alone either.

Dog's are asleep - leave them alone now?

Al.

Edited by atom3624

Pack what in? I'm only discussing your ideas, which while they'd add to the aesthetics, I feel would detract from the driving experience. We all have different views, I'm not saying your views are wrong, but just that I feel that making the changes your listing would have more cons than pros. Horses for courses? 

I don't have any dogs! :insane:

The point is simply that its a very competent truck, straight out of the box, and like the BL MERV, has its limitations - as all have said, push it too far, and it'll break, eventually.

For an MT, its so relatively stable, its going where larger scale MT's just haven't gone - ALL GREAT NEWS.

For you, you want to bash and drive it hard - GREAT.

For me, the ONLY POINT I'm trying to make is that its managed to become said stable platform whilst being VERY close to a scale look.

FOR ME, if I'm going to spend one month's mortgage on a truck, IT HAS TO look right - that's me.

I was saying how stable it is, but it has been mentioned earlier on that the 'wheels look small'. My earlier comment mentioned to WIDEN the wheels / tyres, whilst keeping the outer edges - outer track width - the same. Not sure it would work without catching on lock, but bringing the inner edges in, using scale look MJ wheels / tyres, clear shell to paint perhaps BIGFOOT or GUNSLINGER, or other colours, would add to that look.

Those knuckles are huge, which will limit wheels, creating a totally different design.

Would I take this truck out - TOO RIGHT.

Would I bash it to within 5 mm's of its ESC's life - probably not - that's me.

We all enjoy the hobby, that's why we're here, on the forum, and OCCASIONALLY a little at odds in our opinions, we're passionate about our hobby - that's why its great.

Tug, you've ordered, you're waiting, you're ready to GO FOR IT - FAN-BLEEDIN' TASTIC.

Get your 'ownership thread' up once received and I SINCERELY HOPE you really enjoy it - YOUR WAY!

MY WAY would be different - END OF .... back to snoozing before the inevitable unboxing photos ....

ALL THE VERY BEST TO ALL AND ENJOY.

Al.

• Like 1

Who says I've ordered? 

Yes, this is hobby grade, so make it your own, this how the hobby works. You buy, you mod, you enjoy. 

I'm leaving this here, with your dogs, cos they're not mine. 

:lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1

On 11/1/2015 at 7:40 PM, Tug said:

Right, hold on a cotton picking moment! Who posted this thread? That's right, me! I'm getting one first and woe betide anyone who queue jumps! 

Yawl got that? 

Good. 

I believe you might have mentioned an intention to purchase here?

:D:rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

I believe you might have mentioned an intention to purchase here?

:D:rolleyes:

I hate you! :P

I'd forgotten all about that! 

Cards on the table, back when Ocdcbr noticed the price hikes taking place at Modelsport, I jumped in and pre-ordered. I figured if I couldn't get the funds together, I'd cancel. Turns out I've already paid! So hey Ho, it's a coming! :insane:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tug said:

I hate you! :P

I'd forgotten all about that! 

Cards on the table, back when Ocdcbr noticed the price hikes taking place at Modelsport, I jumped in and pre-ordered. I figured if I couldn't get the funds together, I'd cancel. Turns out I've already paid! So hey Ho, it's a coming! :insane:

good news by the time I come to get mine you will have done the leg work on the diffs :D

• Like 1