• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas X-Maxx.

Tug

If we get them before Europe, that'll do for me :good:

The above vid supports buying from a UK retailer...could be sometime before a German supplier can resolve a warranty claim. Not worth saving 20 quid IMHO

Edited by Noj
farts
  • Like 1

I think if that sort of unexpected fire happened the surprise might stop u doing the sort of things u would normally... The idea of a fire with lipo's involved does freak me out a little. I moaned enough about the aarma 1/8ths going up in smoke and how off putting I felt about it. 

Hopefully this will prove to be very very rare! 

Idiot. Why would you stand there and watch it burn? Then leave the positive and negative cables flapping about ready to short out? Tool. 

There'll always be the odd smoker, it happens. 

6 minutes ago, cookie666uk said:

looked like the battery wires desoldered hence not unplugging them

at least one of the ESC wires came off but the rest of the wires and plugs were melted  so the lipos should of been out of that car before he did anything. and as he owns other cars he should of known what to do.  and he should of just left the camera lol  i know if was better for the viewers but his whole car could of gone up.

i wonder how traxxas is going to handle the replacements. as getting this truck to overheat won't be a problem if you tried during normal use.  are they going to put out a manual saying what gearing to use in a certain size area or terrain  or don't do hill climbs.

Edited by turok007

I noticed the batteries were 'only' 25C Traxxas ones.

Just imagine if it had been hooked up with higher discharge batteries!!

Panic does stop you thinking too clearly, 'though putting dirt on was MUCH better than 'trying to put it out with water'!! (Smother the fire and stop oxygen ...)

I defo would have gone for the battery connectors ... but fire and LiPo ... we've all seen the videos (If you haven't, you MUST!!).

It's making me think that a remotely situated - away from batteries / ESC isolator switch / pull plug is required to simply cut the power.

Al.

If we get them before Europe, that'll do for me :good:

The above vid supports buying from a UK retailer...could be sometime before a German supplier can resolve a warranty claim. Not worth saving 20 quid IMHO

Agreed, plus the little inconvenient problem of shipping a huge truck to Europe !

12 minutes ago, Basher 46 said:

Agreed, plus the little inconvenient problem of shipping a huge truck to Europe !

Totally agree that when making any purchase from abroad you need to way up the risk and reward. And although I haven't thought it would catch fire, I have considered some pretty bad situations which may require a warranty claim. And as I said previous I have always found customer service from Germany second to none. 

I had to take into consideration not only the saving of £130 but getting it before the 2nd Feb as well, and although the cost of this is a great deal of money to some people I'm still not seeing it as a huge risk. But maybe that's just me :)

24 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

U guys r harsh! :blink:

He might just as well have fanned the flames! Why would you stand there doing nothing? I've had approximately half a dozen ESCs vent, not let one of them continue to burn! 

He's a tool! :insane:

its never happened to me....and i'm hoping it won't with my new xmaxx!.....:samui:

in that vid above it seems to jump real smooth....sounds like its bottoming out hard on landing though...thicker shock oil and a bit more preload req maybe?

Edited by Ocdcbr

The last couple for me were XL2's, but fortunately they just died, and CC repaired / replaced them with a 'warning' to me - never again!!

Apparently I'm over-gearing them ... NNAAAAHHHH!

That's why I changed the Ram from nitro to BL,to get more power / speed - no point if it's the same speed - much better as nitro!

Reckon Traxxarse should fit a G240RC into it and have done - small engine / block - revvy, powerful, PLENTY for a lightweight 'Largescale'.

Al.

• Like 1