• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas X-Maxx.

Tug

the shocks are leaking because they have been compressed for packing. It might deform the seals  and you need to wait for them to go back into place.  And also check you car is faster in forward mode than reverse.  As some noticed the ESC seemed to be set up wrong.

4 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

I likely those lights EVSSV, if you get chance can you linky them please 9as my google fu is weak today).  

:good: mounts  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HPI-Baja-5B-RTR-5B-SS-5T-Light-Pod-Mounts-RPM-/281918844435?hash=item41a3ac2e13:g:12wAAOSwGotWpd3M

these..but I picked mine up for 19.99 off e bay  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HPI-RACING-BAJA-5B-SS-KIT-336-LED-LIGHT-WITH-BATTERY-INDICATOR-SET-WHITE-/310869097886?hash=item48613dfd9e:g:WjMAAOxyVaBS9Rxv

and the other 2x r these http://www.killerrc.com/product/led-headlight-combo-pack/

50 minutes ago, turok007 said:

the shocks are leaking because they have been compressed for packing. It might deform the seals  and you need to wait for them to go back into place.  And also check you car is faster in forward mode than reverse.  As some noticed the ESC seemed to be set up wrong.

Thanks for letting me know, I will check this tomorrow however to be honest the speed I'm getting is pretty amazing i think for the size of the truck. 

Just out of interest how could it be set up wrong, you mean always in training mode ? I'm just curious 

It easily beats my 1/10 scale brushed with 2  550 size Titans 

Edited by bjbear123

1 minute ago, bjbear123 said:

Thanks for letting me know, I will check this tomorrow however to be honest the speed I'm getting is pretty amazing i think for the size of the truck. 

It easily beats my 1/10 scale brushed with 2  550 size Titans 

the reversed ESC issue was more to do with it going pop as a ESC wasn't really made to go in reverse all the time.  i would get someone to hold the truck off the floor then hit full power for about 2 seconds then reverse for the same.  do that a couple of time just so you get use to the sight and sound.  just to see if you think reverse is faster.

1 minute ago, turok007 said:

the reversed ESC issue was more to do with it going pop as a ESC wasn't really made to go in reverse all the time.  i would get someone to hold the truck off the floor then hit full power for about 2 seconds then reverse for the same.  do that a couple of time just so you get use to the sight and sound.  just to see if you think reverse is faster.

Ill give this ago tomorrow, 

Thanks for letting me know ! 

• Like 1

Baja pods should really suit this xmaxx. That or mayb the dbxl light rack or other 5th scale light rack. Mods mayb needed to get it perfect size and shape. But once done it'll definitely be enough light to shine. 

£25 from rc models gets you two full pods and the km light box which is very good it allows you to wire up break lights too plus other stuff. I know abit about happy to chat. 

I wouldn't use a normal light kit on this tho. 

That shocks thing is annoying.

I would guess they were upside down, O-rings left dry, shrank a little.

I'd leave it the right way up, perhaps push up and down a few times - even run it - gently.

Recheck / refill after 2 days, then repeat once.

If the O-rings are OK, all should be fine now. If it continues to leak, then its O-ring / Oil seal change time.

Al.

Nothing wrong with green slime.  The orings or what ever is used in the xmaxx imo simply need to expand and then there will be a decent seal.  It's also the consensus from the longer term owners over the way.

Simply note if you use green slime the shock will perform as though the oil is slightly thicker.

BTW: Are the shocks bladder or emulsion on the xmaxx?

the rings I use on my smaller models actually come pre oiled.  Heres a vid illustrating how smooth they can be.  Note there is no oil in the shock.

Check your slipper as tug says. Two Allen keys screws hold the gear spur cover on, then using the provided 7mm spanner tighten the nut on the front of the spur (slipper nut) mine was about 1/2 a turn out from fully tight out of the box. 

from the traxxas forum.  not the first person to have the same issue

Faster in reverse?

I just took my truck out for it's maiden voyage and it seems like something is reversed. The truck goes almost twice as fast in reverse. How do I fix this?

16 minutes ago, turok007 said:

Faster in reverse?

I just took my truck out for it's maiden voyage and it seems like something is reversed. The truck goes almost twice as fast in reverse. How do I fix this?

Easy resolved just turn the shell around.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, turok007 said:

Faster in reverse?

I tested mine with the wheels off on a bench. Well worth checking before running. 

18 hours ago, RCbutcher said:

Baja pods should really suit this xmaxx. That or mayb the dbxl light rack or other 5th scale light rack. Mods mayb needed to get it perfect size and shape. But once done it'll definitely be enough light to shine. 

£25 from rc models gets you two full pods and the km light box which is very good it allows you to wire up break lights too plus other stuff. I know abit about happy to chat. 

I wouldn't use a normal light kit on this tho. 

What would you buy RCbutcher I want to get a light kit and don't want to buy twice.

What would you recommend thanks