• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hi there. Looking to ger into RC Cars.

Nic01

Hi there again.

As title says, I'm looking to get into RC cars. Preferably 4WD off roaders for the beach and fields I'm surrounded by.

Wanting something to use with LiPo batteries.

I currently fly a little ZMR 250 racing quadcopter so I know a little thing or two about the electronic side. But, can anyone recommend a model which would be good for a beach etc? And a good transmitter for range.

I'll be wanting to add FPV to it also, like i fly with the quad.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Welcome dude! !...what's ur budget and have u looked at what scale u want to run??...1/10? 1/8th?. ..what style.. buggy?. .truggy? .truck?. .stadium truck?.......I guess u have a lipo charger? ?if so what one???. ..what lipos u got atm??They may/may not b suitable. ..I can remember sum one on here did a awesome vid...thk it may of been fpv'd..with a thunder tiger eb4g3 buggy going around a beachy area......was very clever how he edited it all togather....looked cool....

Edited by evssv

Hi. The basher range from hobbyking ain't bad. I've got the nitro circus mini monster truck & sandstorm. I'd avoid ftx they're brittle as bone China :/ .I've taken my sandstorm on pendine beach. Loads of fun after I built a launch ramp. I haven't broken anything on the sandstorm, I've broken 3 body posts ,2 bodies & a spur gear on the mini monster truck since march. That's good going for me :)

I don't know the scale yet, but ive spotted a 1/8 truggy i quite fancy so far ( HPI Trophy Truggy Flux ), still researching whats what! And something like a truggy. Yeah, I have a lipo charger and currently have a few 1500mah 35c-70c 3s and a few 2200mah lipos. But I'll probably put them in the sale of the quad. I don't have a budget either, just after a few recommendations and if something catches my eye, then that'll be the one. But lets say

new or used??I jus sold my very tidy brushless hyper st truggy for well within ur budget. ..plenty of beach there!!...1/10th u'll get sumin for 300....1/8th. ..not a new one tbh. ..will need another 100 if buying new. ...2nd hand 300 will get u a tidy 1/8th basher

Edited by evssv

No preference, can be used. I'm used to fixing things up and repairing. My quad took some heavy beatings, great falls and many bashes into metal goal posts.

Ok. ...that's cool...this is on here. .. http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/210544-savage-flux-xl-with-lipos-and-charger/#entry2202633 very strong trucks..open to offers...or hyper st pro roller. .u'ed need motor esc ect...very good quality truggys. ..solid...tried n tested ... http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/209875-lk-hyper-st-proerollermarauderserpentmugen-6s-esc-lots-more/#entry2202459...pm them see what they say. ..have a haggle. ..I buy alot of 2nd hand rc's off here and have never had a bad experience. ...got 16 atm...12 of them came off here all 2nd hand. ...or a losi8 buggy...again very good quality. ... http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/210334-losi-8ight-20-eu-electric/

Edited by evssv

and a 1/0th 1/8th buggy will struggle on grass/field ect. ..unless it really short...golf course short. ..Ok on a dusty track. .lanes..tarmac though..u'ed need more ground clearance to run on grass. ..truggy or a monster truck...

Edited by evssv

I have the trophy buggy flux and of the 5 rc's I run it was the first I bought when I got back into the hobby and it's still my favourite for bashable plug and play fun

To be fair the OP said nothing about bashing ;)

Even so, my experience of 1/5th verses 1/8th is that like for like jumps, crashing into to barriers etc the 1/5th wins hands down.

Spares on an 1/8 costs as much as a 1/5, so I guess its down to what you do with the car...

My advice is still that if he is okay with 2nd hand AND has access to big open spaces, a 1/5th should deffo be a consideration.