• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ORB Racing FF210 conversion kit for the Team Durango DEX210V2 and DEX210

53HRA

gallery_4895_8_44049.jpg

What is the FF210?

The FF210 is a conversion kit that turns the Team Durango DEX210V2 and DEX210 into a competitive front-wheel-drive buggy for low-medium bite surfaces such as dirt, outdoor clay, grass and wet astroturf.

What makes the FF210 unique?

The front-wheel-drive concept offers higher cornering speeds than rear-wheel-drive buggies whilst also maintaining better stability, resulting in a car that is both consistent and quick. In addition to that, the majority of the car is made with state-of-the-art materials and production techniques, amongst which the use of additive manufacturing.

What

Knowing how often I front end things.... I'd have to say no to this.. Interesting design and I folowed it's progress but there is just too much financial investment in a motor to spend another

I still remember how uncontrollable one of my first RC's was, the 306 Maxi!

Different type and quality of chassis, agreed, but, erm, don't know.

Agreed that motor looks very 'exposed'!!

Al.

I still remember how uncontrollable one of my first RC's was, the 306 Maxi!

Different type and quality of chassis, agreed, but, erm, don't know.

Agreed that motor looks very 'exposed'!!

Al.

It's called don't crash...

Something I still haven't mastered yet :)

• Like 1

Ridiculous. The price is insane and the motor placement is crazy. Front impacts and nose diving off jumps.

The rear end does look very cool tho but isn't it more of a scaler set up.

I'd love one of these for chucking about on the streets, but it would be a waste of a race-bred design and I'd wince everytime it went over a jump...

Plus, it would need to be about

Edited by Praet0r87

Judging by the proto I've seen the price is rather steep for what you get, though understandable when you consider development costs and the low numbers will be made - its a very niche model.

The proto has proven pretty tough and no ORB specific parts have died. Production versions should have a better quality plastic than the proto.

That front end is the reversed rear end of a DEX210. Given the prevalence of high speed rear end collisions in racing you'll find its not as vulnerable as you'd think.