• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ftx surge fragile on front

Yrkoon

hey guys i got a ftx surge dune buggy and the front seems very fragile, spares are easy and cheap to get but im wondering if any one has found a good bumper that fits it?.

the slightest wee impact on the front arms seem to break stuff, any ideas how to make it more solid if theres not a bumper i can add too it?

got a spare step up stinger as we decommisioned one for spares maybe i could dremmel a small bumper out of the spare chassis, as that plastic is so bendy?

Edited by Yrkoon

Common issue with the many of the FTX chassis i'm afraid.  You can boil the new plastic parts before you fit them - this helps many to be more flexible.

Otherwise a front bumper is a good idea.  I'd recommend a T-Bone, they mount underneath and scre through into the diff casing using slightly longer versions of the existing 4 screws.  If your diff doesn't mount like this you can always hot glue one underneath - it'll help.

If T-bone don't make a bumper for yours they do sell 'blanks' that you can drill to your own screw spacing (or just glue if necessary).

All this will help but the chassis is still know to be weak.